• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

My first upper body workout.

ty2090

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey everyone, after reading a few things on the net and watching a few things, plus a book or so, I've chosen this as my beginners toning basic fitness workout.

My goal is to cut my body fat from 19 % to 10 % and then to focus on bulking.

I totally would like rough honest feed back on this guys. Thanks-Ty

3 days a week:
Chest

* Kneeling Push Ups
* Bench Press
* Incline Bench Press
* Flat Fly

Back

* Wide Grip Pulldown
* Seated Close Row
* Scapular Pulldown

Shoulders

* Military Press
* Front Raise
* Prone Rear Delt Row

Triceps

* (Cable) Overhead extension
* French Press
* Cable Pushdown

Biceps

* Curl
* Preacher Curl

Cardio:

* One half hour of HITT cardio in the morning & And one half hour in the evening.

Last edited:
Few points:

Where is the leg training? I mean real leg training, running/cardio is important but it doesn't count. We're talking squats and deadlifts here.

What equipment do you have available? This will drastically change what sort of exercises you're able to do. The ideal situation is a gym.

Toning is largely a myth when applied to exercise. Increasing "tone" is just a buzz-word for losing fat. Losing fat is done in the kitchen by watching what you eat. Have you addressed this? It will make or break your possibility of success.

As pretentious as this might sound, I am not all that worried about my legs right now....and....I didn't know that about toning, right now I've been told the best ratio is 40% carb 40 % protein, 20% healthy fats. I am trying to figure out how many carbs and grams of protein I need to loose fat.

I am 5" 11, 190 pounds.

but thanks for pointing me in some good directions man.

It doesn't sound pretentious, it just sounds grossly mis-informed. At the most basic level, losing fat is about calories in vs. calories out. The legs are the biggest muscles in the body, and because of this leg exercises aren't only the most challenging exercises but they also require the most energy, and create the biggest hormonal and metabolic response from the body.

I don't care if you're "not worried about training legs", but you should care. Not only because you'll reach your goals in half the time, but you'll also avoid possible lower back injuries that can stem from neglecting them.

Read this great thread by Built:

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/new-members-begin-here/97077-read-me-first-homework-1-newbies.html

Every tiny piece of information in that post is worth it's weight in gold.

Thanks, I will totally add some exercises.

Back