how much can you dehydrate safely?

Rep Points

how much can you dehydrate safely?

so i have never cut weight for a fight before i have always walked around at the same weight i fight at but i am about 161 9% bf and plan on fighting at 145 i heard you can dehydrate 10-15 pounds but that sounds like a lot just wondering if anyone knows?

Rep Points

you've never done it before? weigh ins are 24hrs before the fight? how much time do you have before you need to cut? see where I'm going with this? you need to provide way more information before you can get a legit answer here. truth is your first cut 10lbs of water is going to really deplete you. especially since you are already pretty small. give more information and plenty of guys around here are going to be able to help you out
    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    Sheep get their news from the media, I get my news from Facebook. That's where the real unbiased news is found. any everyone from IM that is friends with me on FB knows this.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

remember that when you have to drop water weight before a fight it comes at the cost of decreases levels of hydration all over the body. this reduces the rate at which the muscles can generate/re-generate ATP efficiently and also reduces the level of hydration in the meninges which is the membrane in-between the brain and skull making it easier to suffer a concussion and knock out blow.
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by bio-chem View Post
    you've never done it before? weigh ins are 24hrs before the fight? how much time do you have before you need to cut? see where I'm going with this? you need to provide way more information before you can get a legit answer here. truth is your first cut 10lbs of water is going to really deplete you. especially since you are already pretty small. give more information and plenty of guys around here are going to be able to help you out

the weigh ins are 24hrs before the fight, and i am not fighting till February now so i have a long time to cut even more fat off of me but was just wondering in case i have to do it as a last resort

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    remember that when you have to drop water weight before a fight it comes at the cost of decreases levels of hydration all over the body. this reduces the rate at which the muscles can generate/re-generate ATP efficiently and also reduces the level of hydration in the meninges which is the membrane in-between the brain and skull making it easier to suffer a concussion and knock out blow.
    how long does it take the body to rehydrate? i have 24 hours after i weigh in
    thanks for your info

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

you can re-hydrate in terms of fluids but some medical studies have shown that it can take from 4-48 hours before muscle glycogen levels are restored.

some people prefer to stay closer to their fight weight to avoid most of the side effects that come along with having to make weight.
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Greg

Rep Points

Sweat it All Out: Cutting Weight for Strength Sports | Athletic Performance Revolution

Basically, you need to figure out how much you can rehydrate in the time you have between the weigh-in and the fight. You want to be able to fully re-hydrate by the time the fight starts.

Amateur Gynecologist
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

You want to lose that in water weight? That seems crazy. There was a guy who I used to workout with who did some kind of martial arts and would sit in the sauna at the gym to lose weight before fights, but never more than a couple of pounds.
    DRSE Reconnaissance

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by gtbmed View Post
    Sweat it All Out: Cutting Weight for Strength Sports | Athletic Performance Revolution

Basically, you need to figure out how much you can rehydrate in the time you have between the weigh-in and the fight. You want to be able to fully re-hydrate by the time the fight starts.
    thanks! i was looking everywhere for something like that but couldn't find anything

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by vortrit View Post
    You want to lose that in water weight? That seems crazy. There was a guy who I used to workout with who did some kind of martial arts and would sit in the sauna at the gym to lose weight before fights, but never more than a couple of pounds.

yea my friend does it but never re hydrates or eats enough for the next day so he always seems really drained, so i wanted to see how much you could cut without feeling like that

BOARD REP

Rep Points

i dropped alot of weight with inject lasix and aldactone before my last contest like 24 hrs before and i payed for it as i had bad cramping and had to replenish before the show and looked smooth so u should no about 2 weeks before u fight not 24 hrs before to make weight.

all information given is fictional and only for entertainment purposes only. it is legal to use performance enhancement medications where i live. please seek medical advice before using any performance drug, and only if its legal in your country.