• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

How much time do you spend working out?

scout200

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I know people who practically live at the gym but I'm sure several of you know that working out longer than an hour can cause your body to start producing more lactic acid, cortisol, along with other things...

Personally speaking, once I get going - it's hard to stop. How much time do you spend working out?

-Scout

never more than actually 75-80 minutes of lifting weights, plus a good 15-20 min of pre/post exercise cardio. I stretch at home.

I know people who practically live at the gym but I'm sure several of you know that working out longer than an hour can cause your body to start producing more lactic acid, cortisol, along with other things...

Personally speaking, once I get going - it's hard to stop. How much time do you spend working out?

-Scout

If you get going, and it's hard to stop...your intensity must be as low as a horses dick hangs.. Try upping your intensity..uhmmm a LOT, then come back and tell us you can't stop.. And if you still can't stop, you are still not training intense enough. :jerkit:

Today i spend just under 2 hours working out my back, side/rear delts and traps.. would have been shorter but my first 20 mins were deadlifts

15 Minute Dynamic Stretching
30-60 Minutes Workout
15-20 Minutes Cooldown (Static Stretching/Foam Rolling)

Usually start to finish 60-90 minutes in and out of the gym. If i have no rush i'll take the full 90, but if i have somewhere to be i can get it done in half the time. Just cut out everything but the main exercise for the day. Never skimp on soft tissue work or a general warmup, ever.

60 min workout
30 post cardio
30 jackozi and steam room

5 minute general warm up on upper days, 15 minute general warm up on lower.

45-75 minutes lifting weights, 10-15 minutes stretching on upper days, 15-30 minutes stretching on lower.

So, roughly 50 minutes - 1 hour and 45 minutes in the gym.

What?? Thats well 2 long 2 do every day if ya in the gym for 4 hrs then ya defo arnt working out harder enough 45 to 60 mins is defo a nuf

IIRC he's on gear so that training schedule is entirely different from what an unassisted lifter can handle.

My lifting usually takes about 45 minutes to finish. I've found that I can't really focus well for much longer.

Cardio/GPP stuff takes anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour depending on what I'm doing. A lot of that time is technique work though.

i spend anywhere from 1 to three hours working out in a day depending on my schedule and where i am in my periodization
again though thats one day not one session my longest work out in 1.5 hours

IML Gear Cream!
IIRC he's on gear so that training schedule is entirely different from what an unassisted lifter can handle.

My lifting usually takes about 45 minutes to finish. I've found that I can't really focus well for much longer.

Cardio/GPP stuff takes anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour depending on what I'm doing. A lot of that time is technique work though.

even wen i am on the gear i always do around tha time but i never new if ya was on roids you can go in the gym for 4 hrs seem well 2 long 4 me so wen on roids how long is to long in the gym

15 minutes on the bike for a warmup.
45-60 minutes of weights.
15 minutes of cooldown.
Additional 20 mintes for abs 3x per week.

I Just had this talk with a guy at work today, he said working out any longer then an hour was crazy. I have read that T levels drop after 45 mins. I Just personally feel better about my workout if it lasts more then an hour (I use them as stress relief). I Like to take my time, and make sure I get all my sets in clean and really focus. Normally takes me anywhere from an hour to an hour and 20 mins. So we're going to see after a month who has the better gains my slightly longer or his slightly shorter workouts.

45mins.

45 min AM cardio
60 min PM weights (+20min stretching)

5 days a week

stretching 60min the other two days

1 and half hrs every other day at gym. Also my job allows me to keep some dumbells at work so thru out the day everyday I'm doing some kind of work out.

20 min. Cardio,90 min. Workout.4 days a week,and abs 5 days a week,well 5th day at the house..

^ it may be crazy...and i agree to some degree..more like 2+ is crazy in my opinion.. but im jsut curious why did arnold work out up to 3-5 hours a DAY?!!??!

#1 - because he could, Arnold never had to bodybuild and work a 9-5
#2 - remember that no IFBB bodybuilder is natural or every has been. those guys lived in the gym back then (didn't really know any better) and they trained very heavy and took long breaks between sets.

No more than 1 hour every other day, with abs and light cardio on my off days. Shouldn't there be a poll to this thread?

5 mins talking to the female receptionist 10 mins warmming up 30 - 40 mins lifting weights .done
if i have time then i throw in some abs

If you get going, and it's hard to stop...your intensity must be as low as a horses dick hangs.. Try upping your intensity..uhmmm a LOT, then come back and tell us you can't stop.. And if you still can't stop, you are still not training intense enough. :jerkit:

Today i spend just under 2 hours working out my back, side/rear delts and traps.. would have been shorter but my first 20 mins were deadlifts

LOL, good point! I just really enjoy working out..

It's not a number someone can tell you. If they think they can tell you a number, then they are your master and you should knell and suck their cock.

You had a bad day/days workout short or none.

You had a good day/days workout long.

IMHO, People that "overtrain" are people messed up emotionally that think they can recover with distractions like the gym. They have know idea what can be done if you have your head on straight.

IMHO, People that "overtrain" are people messed up emotionally that think they can recover with distractions like the gym. They have know idea what can be done if you have your head on straight.

Excellent point!!

If I was to pick an average as e/d varies, I would say around 90mins

Back