• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Shoulder Pain

ShaqFu

Another Arnold wannabe
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm sure a few people here have had some experience with weight training related shoulder injuries... My shoulder's been somewhat screwed since my swimming days but this might be a little more serious.

On chest days, I can feel pain in the back half of the left shoulder usually after the third pressing excercise.

And on a back day, I get this popping sensation (not painful though) in the same shoulder when I'm doing pull-ups. It feels a lot like cracking your knuckles.. only I don't know if your shoulders are supposed to do that :confused:.

Sound familiar to anyone?

Have you ever seen a doctor about it?

I've never injured my shoulder but Pressing movements do bother them so I use mostly DB now.

You may need to do more rotator cuff exercises.

It's only been going on for a couple weeks now, so I haven't been to see a doctor yet. I've just been icing it down, and cutting back on my presses and doing more fly movements.

What kind of rotator cuff excercises?

Thanks for the excercises Scotty! I'll give those a try.. and if it doesn't get any better I'll see someone about it.

should these exercises be performed before or after actual workout? also, how many times a week should i do these?

I have the same problem minus the popping, especially doing incline and bench press. I think its mostly a positioning problem because I only get it in my left shoulder as well. My conclusion on it was that i might have been off center and and just strained it too much.

I now do DB and i feel a lot better. I still have a little twinge with it, but not that bad.

Originally posted by rebel
should these exercises be performed before or after actual workout? also, how many times a week should i do these?

U do rotor cuff exercises after the shoulder exercise because your delts cant cheat for your rotor cuff and your rotor cuff is already pre exahasted.

I do my rotor cuff exercise 3 times a week but I suffer a tear 3 months of ago and i am just out of rehab.

Back