NapsGear.net


Estimate BF% (Pics Associated)

Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    assassin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    egypt/cairo
    Posts
    2,355
    Rep Points
    2796119

    Estimate BF% (Pics Associated)






    They are stupid pics I took them before I sleep, not pumped a bit and I am even depleted from cardio, but I was quite worried about how much is my bf% so I decided to take opinions... I assume it's around 13-14%, please vote...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    assassin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    egypt/cairo
    Posts
    2,355
    Rep Points
    2796119

    here ae the rest
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    assassin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    egypt/cairo
    Posts
    2,355
    Rep Points
    2796119

    I'm not even flexing or anything cause I'm so depleted and I want to go to sleep, just relaxed position..please feedback

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    assassin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    egypt/cairo
    Posts
    2,355
    Rep Points
    2796119

    any post?? could any body help ?

  5. #5
    SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT
    MODERATOR
    Gazhole's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    11,121
    Rep Points
    187047969

    Why are you so worried about this? Does it really matter what the number is?

    Here is a flowchart to help figure out your goals:


    Do you like the way you look? Yes/No

    If yes - End flowchart.

    If no - Are you too small or too fat?

    If too small - Eat more, train for hypertrophy.

    If too fat - Eat less, train for fat loss.


    The number will vary depending on the method of measurement even if you went and got it measured properly. I was 16.9% using calipers, 15% using BI, and about 19% using one of those weighing scale BI thingies.

    Using an online calculator i was something like 25%+ because it went off BMI and compared to a chart of what i can only assume was average BF% for people with that BMI.

    At the end of the day, the number doesn't matter and people shouldn't get so caught up in them. Will knowing the number make you any more or less happy with how you look? Doubtful.

    If you want to use it for regular progress tracking, asking for opinions isn't the best way to do it - go buy a BF% measurement device and use it every month. Like i said, though, don't use it as an absolute value because different methods (and even different models of the same equipment) will give vastly different results.

    Also, don't expect a reply to a thread in 2 hours. Have a little patience - nobody is on the forums 24 hours a day so chill!
    http://www.getlifting.info

    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

  6. #6
    AbaXen Pharmaceuticals
    BOARD REP
    SFW's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    w/Geared Jesus ♂
    Posts
    9,175
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Based on your pics, i would estimate 16% +

    You have love handles and no real visible abdominal musculature.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    rockhardly's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    325
    Rep Points
    6833120

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazhole View Post
    nobody is on the forums 24 hours a day
    OH!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    assassin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    egypt/cairo
    Posts
    2,355
    Rep Points
    2796119

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazhole View Post
    Why are you so worried about this? Does it really matter what the number is?

    Here is a flowchart to help figure out your goals:


    Do you like the way you look? Yes/No

    If yes - End flowchart.

    If no - Are you too small or too fat?

    If too small - Eat more, train for hypertrophy.

    If too fat - Eat less, train for fat loss.


    The number will vary depending on the method of measurement even if you went and got it measured properly. I was 16.9% using calipers, 15% using BI, and about 19% using one of those weighing scale BI thingies.

    Using an online calculator i was something like 25%+ because it went off BMI and compared to a chart of what i can only assume was average BF% for people with that BMI.

    At the end of the day, the number doesn't matter and people shouldn't get so caught up in them. Will knowing the number make you any more or less happy with how you look? Doubtful.

    If you want to use it for regular progress tracking, asking for opinions isn't the best way to do it - go buy a BF% measurement device and use it every month. Like i said, though, don't use it as an absolute value because different methods (and even different models of the same equipment) will give vastly different results.

    Also, don't expect a reply to a thread in 2 hours. Have a little patience - nobody is on the forums 24 hours a day so chill!
    well, in the place were I live (Egypt), it,s very hard to find a bodyfat mesaurment device, it's not so popular or easily bought .. and for me the numbers are just for goal setting and tracking my progress to have more will and shoot for something real rather than work hard for an unclear goal (like feeling good or like my shape) do yo et what I mean ?? it's just for challenging myself ...

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    assassin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    egypt/cairo
    Posts
    2,355
    Rep Points
    2796119

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastico View Post
    Based on your pics, i would estimate 16% +

    You have love handles and no real visible abdominal musculature.
    thanks alot for your input

  10. #10
    AbaXen Pharmaceuticals
    BOARD REP
    SFW's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    w/Geared Jesus ♂
    Posts
    9,175
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    you're welcome tubby.

  11. #11
    was 141lbs now 190lbs


    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    391
    Rep Points
    2084070

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastico View Post
    Based on your pics, i would estimate 16% +

    You have love handles and no real visible abdominal musculature.
    I would guess somewhere around 19+% because of the reasons you listed.

    I was about 13%-14% in my pic to the left. But each person is different. You could buy a Tanita scale for really cheap at most stores to get a more accurate idea. You just stand on it and it gives the weight, BF %, and hydration.

  12. #12
    wrk'n project mayhem
    awhites1's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    dallas area
    Posts
    1,358
    Rep Points
    138765654

    yeah, it's not very lean. higher than 14 almost certainly. you can't see any abs. If you can't get your correct body fat percentage try using a tape measure and start keeping track of your body measurements. I do that anyways, measure chest, stomach, waist, biceps, thighs... and depending on your goals measure it every so often and change your diet accordingly.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    assassin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    egypt/cairo
    Posts
    2,355
    Rep Points
    2796119

    Quote Originally Posted by awhites1 View Post
    yeah, it's not very lean. higher than 14 almost certainly. you can't see any abs. If you can't get your correct body fat percentage try using a tape measure and start keeping track of your body measurements. I do that anyways, measure chest, stomach, waist, biceps, thighs... and depending on your goals measure it every so often and change your diet accordingly.
    Yes I agree, it seems that I am 15-16%, well am happy cause at least I know where exactly I am and I will be able to be more dedicated and put a precise goal and follow my plan strictly .. now I am sure with what I want.........

    thanks for the help

  14. #14
    "King of Cheat Meals"
    MODERATOR
    Merkaba's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    sc
    Posts
    3,185
    Rep Points
    97177665

    19%
    Ban 2 1/2 's !!!!!!
    --------------------------------------------
    Some Oooold Pics. All Natural. More to come soon...Still all natural

  15. #15
    Registered User
    magger's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    sault ste marie ont.
    Posts
    46
    Rep Points
    1051119

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastico View Post
    you're welcome tubby.
    x2 and 20% + not to burn you but look at people with 10% and post side by side photos

  16. #16
    Registered User
    stfuandliftbtch's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ca
    Posts
    1,681
    Rep Points
    96885074

    15-20%

    not any higher

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    assassin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    egypt/cairo
    Posts
    2,355
    Rep Points
    2796119

    well I have measured.. I am a little more than 16 .. around 17% ... bu I was dehydrated that's why I thought I was less, anyway .. that only makes me have more insistence to reach my goal .. thanks people for your help

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    assassin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    egypt/cairo
    Posts
    2,355
    Rep Points
    2796119

    and I have love andls because love handles appear between 16-18% when you start to have your chest and back defined itget's more prominent, actually sometimes at 16-18% you look fatter than 18-20%... here is a good reference below

    Body Fat Percentage Guide for Men (by Jeremy Likness)

  19. #19
    the unbanned
    MyK's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    consumerville!
    Posts
    11,504
    Rep Points
    215433628

    20%

    thats a very nice bed and matchin table btw

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    assassin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    egypt/cairo
    Posts
    2,355
    Rep Points
    2796119

    Quote Originally Posted by MyK 3.0 View Post
    20%

    thats a very nice bed and matchin table btw
    ok I don't care anymore nyway about the BF%.. I have another goals now ... thanks for your help

  21. #21
    the unbanned
    MyK's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    consumerville!
    Posts
    11,504
    Rep Points
    215433628

    Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    ok I don't care anymore nyway about the BF%.. I have another goals now ... thanks for your help

    OOO RLY?????


    whats with the two alarm clocks? is one a back up alarm?

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    assassin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    egypt/cairo
    Posts
    2,355
    Rep Points
    2796119






    Quote Originally Posted by MyK 3.0 View Post
    OOO RLY?????


    whats with the two alarm clocks? is one a back up alarm?
    yes, it's a secondary alarm (Hangover alarm)

Similar Threads

  1. Estimate my bodyfat pls? (my "before" pics)
    By CrazyDutton in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-08-2011, 05:35 PM
  2. estimate my bf%
    By klc9100 in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-22-2010, 05:38 PM
  3. Bodyfat % Estimate
    By ddawg in forum General Health & Awareness
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-12-2007, 03:11 AM
  4. New Pics - Please critique and estimate!
    By Zin in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-02-2005, 09:43 PM
  5. Estimate Body Fat - All mix up
    By kim in forum General Health & Awareness
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-09-2004, 07:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->