• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Estimate BF% (Pics Associated)

assassin

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
They are stupid pics I took them before I sleep, not pumped a bit and I am even depleted from cardio, but I was quite worried about how much is my bf% so I decided to take opinions... I assume it's around 13-14%, please vote...

Why are you so worried about this? Does it really matter what the number is?

Here is a flowchart to help figure out your goals:

Do you like the way you look? Yes/No

If yes - End flowchart.

If no - Are you too small or too fat?

If too small - Eat more, train for hypertrophy.

If too fat - Eat less, train for fat loss.

The number will vary depending on the method of measurement even if you went and got it measured properly. I was 16.9% using calipers, 15% using BI, and about 19% using one of those weighing scale BI thingies.

Using an online calculator i was something like 25%+ because it went off BMI and compared to a chart of what i can only assume was average BF% for people with that BMI.

At the end of the day, the number doesn't matter and people shouldn't get so caught up in them. Will knowing the number make you any more or less happy with how you look? Doubtful.

If you want to use it for regular progress tracking, asking for opinions isn't the best way to do it - go buy a BF% measurement device and use it every month. Like i said, though, don't use it as an absolute value because different methods (and even different models of the same equipment) will give vastly different results.

Also, don't expect a reply to a thread in 2 hours. Have a little patience - nobody is on the forums 24 hours a day so chill!

Based on your pics, i would estimate 16% +

You have love handles and no real visible abdominal musculature.

Why are you so worried about this? Does it really matter what the number is?

Here is a flowchart to help figure out your goals:

Do you like the way you look? Yes/No

If yes - End flowchart.

If no - Are you too small or too fat?

If too small - Eat more, train for hypertrophy.

If too fat - Eat less, train for fat loss.

The number will vary depending on the method of measurement even if you went and got it measured properly. I was 16.9% using calipers, 15% using BI, and about 19% using one of those weighing scale BI thingies.

Using an online calculator i was something like 25%+ because it went off BMI and compared to a chart of what i can only assume was average BF% for people with that BMI.

At the end of the day, the number doesn't matter and people shouldn't get so caught up in them. Will knowing the number make you any more or less happy with how you look? Doubtful.

If you want to use it for regular progress tracking, asking for opinions isn't the best way to do it - go buy a BF% measurement device and use it every month. Like i said, though, don't use it as an absolute value because different methods (and even different models of the same equipment) will give vastly different results.

Also, don't expect a reply to a thread in 2 hours. Have a little patience - nobody is on the forums 24 hours a day so chill!

well, in the place were I live (Egypt), it,s very hard to find a bodyfat mesaurment device, it's not so popular or easily bought :) .. and for me the numbers are just for goal setting and tracking my progress to have more will and shoot for something real rather than work hard for an unclear goal (like feeling good or like my shape) :) do yo et what I mean ?? it's just for challenging myself :) ...

IML Gear Cream!
Based on your pics, i would estimate 16% +

You have love handles and no real visible abdominal musculature.
I would guess somewhere around 19+% because of the reasons you listed.

I was about 13%-14% in my pic to the left. But each person is different. You could buy a Tanita scale for really cheap at most stores to get a more accurate idea. You just stand on it and it gives the weight, BF %, and hydration.

yeah, it's not very lean. higher than 14 almost certainly. you can't see any abs. If you can't get your correct body fat percentage try using a tape measure and start keeping track of your body measurements. I do that anyways, measure chest, stomach, waist, biceps, thighs... and depending on your goals measure it every so often and change your diet accordingly.

yeah, it's not very lean. higher than 14 almost certainly. you can't see any abs. If you can't get your correct body fat percentage try using a tape measure and start keeping track of your body measurements. I do that anyways, measure chest, stomach, waist, biceps, thighs... and depending on your goals measure it every so often and change your diet accordingly.

Yes I agree, it seems that I am 15-16%, well am happy cause at least I know where exactly I am and I will be able to be more dedicated and put a precise goal and follow my plan strictly .. now I am sure with what I want.........

:) thanks for the help

well I have measured.. I am a little more than 16 .. around 17% ... bu I was dehydrated that's why I thought I was less, anyway .. that only makes me have more insistence to reach my goal .. :) thanks people for your help :)

and I have love andls because love handles appear between 16-18% when you start to have your chest and back defined itget's more prominent, actually sometimes at 16-18% you look fatter than 18-20%... here is a good reference below :)

Body Fat Percentage Guide for Men (by Jeremy Likness)

20%

thats a very nice bed and matchin table btw

20%

thats a very nice bed and matchin table btw

ok :) I don't care anymore nyway about the BF%.. I have another goals now :) ... thanks for your help :callme:

Back