• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

a great read

Abadjiev was a great coach whose ideas are still very controversial and polarizing. With that said, I tend to agree with many of his ideas, mainly the ones about training specificity. I am a novice, but I have found that the best way to improve at a lift is to do that lift. I have made my best strength results when I cut down on the amount of exercises I performed.

I also agree with him about performing heavy sets. One thing I see often is that people have great form with light weight, but if you load up a near-max weight on the bar, both their confidence and their technique disappears.

Keep in mind that he recommended this for weightlifters.

There is a big difference between training weightlifters and training the general population. First, the recovery from a snatch or a clean and jerk is a lot faster than the recovery from deadlifts, bench press, or squats.

The other thing is that his lifters were professional athletes with a lot support. They built up to lifting this way over many years and when they were training and in competition there was an entire staff dedicated to their recovery.

Back