Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

man loses 27 lbs on twinkie diet

wrk'n project mayhem

Rep Points

man loses 27 lbs on twinkie diet

wrk'n project mayhem

Rep Points

cant wait to start mine....

was 141lbs now 190lbs

Rep Points

This quite proves the point of the thread.

His premise: That in weight loss, pure calorie counting is what matters most -- not the nutritional value of the food.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ectomorph141 View Post
    This quite proves the point of the thread.

His premise: That in weight loss, pure calorie counting is what matters most -- not the nutritional value of the food.
    Definitely agree. But at the same time, I could weigh 170lbs and be a "skinny fat" or weigh 170lbs and be well proportioned. I have been skinny all over but still had a belly and everyone was telling me I looked anorexic, because I was good at hiding my belly.

Short term, sure this will help you lose weight. Long term, I think IMO that this is a recipe for disaster. You will probably start developing insulin resistance from constant spikes all day long. I used to be obese, and when I lost weigh doing Atkins, my diet put a lot of stress on my liver and kidneys, but I still lost quite a bit of weight, and therefore all of my lipids and blood pressure improved just from the fact that I lost so much body fat.

was 141lbs now 190lbs

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by chronicelite View Post
    Definitely agree. But at the same time, I could weigh 170lbs and be a "skinny fat" or weigh 170lbs and be well proportioned. I have been skinny all over but still had a belly and everyone was telling me I looked anorexic, because I was good at hiding my belly.

Short term, sure this will help you lose weight. Long term, I think IMO that this is a recipe for disaster. You will probably start developing insulin resistance from constant spikes all day long. I used to be obese, and when I lost weigh doing Atkins, my diet put a lot of stress on my liver and kidneys, but I still lost quite a bit of weight, and therefore all of my lipids and blood pressure improved just from the fact that I lost so much body fat.
    Oh yeah I agree its not the best way to lose weight but it will indeed work. Its just so hard for most people to realize that if they simply cut back on the amount of calories they intake per day, they will lose weight. They dont need to just eat celery, vegetables to lose weight. People can lose weight and still eat the foods they like. And if they work out it will improve the results.

wrk'n project mayhem

Rep Points

yeah. supprsingly his cholestrol got better too. his bad went down and good went up.

but he doesn't advise doing the diet and it was only in the name of science to prove that its how much you eat and not so much what.

1800 calories a day coming from doritoes or lean chicken is still 1800 calories a day.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by awhites1 View Post
    yeah. supprsingly his cholestrol got better too. his bad went down and good went up.
    I'd like to see his C-Reactive Protein and homocysteine checked, as they are far better markers of risk of heart disease/attack/stroke.

Anyway, what diet hasn't been tried to lose weight? I remember the beer diet like 2 months ago or whatever was the talk of the world. Of course most of these are not recommended as there are far more practical ways to diet.

Rep Points

Couldn't help but shake my head at the title of the thread, very sad.

CNN... I wonder how many fatties will get on the twinkie bandwagon for a month and plummet off like usual.
    Just a girl.... Looking for muscles!!

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ectomorph141 View Post
    Oh yeah I agree its not the best way to lose weight but it will indeed work. Its just so hard for most people to realize that if they simply cut back on the amount of calories they intake per day, they will lose weight. They dont need to just eat celery, vegetables to lose weight. People can lose weight and still eat the foods they like. And if they work out it will improve the results.
    I agree for sure. However, when cutting, I like to eat large amounts of low calorie foods like celery, mung bean sprouts, tomatoes, to counteract my large appetite. Foods like twinkies only seem to make me hungrier and crave more junk food. I guess if portion control is not an issue at all, have fun....

Quote Originally Posted by Muscle_Girl View Post

CNN... I wonder how many fatties will get on the twinkie bandwagon for a month and plummet off like usual.
    My thoughts exactly.

Rep Points

I read this today and was actually going to post it.

I found it quite ironic that the professor studied nutrition, yet, was overweight to begin with. Having said that, sure we all know it's calories in vs. calories out but WE also know it's about the quality of those calories. The last thing America needs to read is that they eat junk and "get healthy." At least he went on to say he doesn't advocate that diet.

Rep Points

Sounds like fun but i hate twinkes! Wonder if it works with m&m's....

Rep Points

He should have just marketed a book called "The Twinkie diet" and retired early.

Goonie Goo Goo

Rep Points

Why is it called "the twinkie diet" when the guy's diet mainly consisted of different kinds of junk food? The guy's sample day also had some some good things. I would classify: baby carrots, whole milk, Muscle Milk Protein Shake, Centrum Advanced Formula(multi) as good, so I would have to question his dedication to the diet He'll probably get a Hostess commercial out of it.

"King of Cheat Meals"

Rep Points

"There's more than one way to skin a cat, some are just safer and more efficient than others" - Me
    Ban 2 1/2 's !!!!!!
    --------------------------------------------
    Some Oooold Pics. All Natural. More to come soon...Still all natural

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by chronicelite View Post

Short term, sure this will help you lose weight. Long term, I think IMO that this is a recipe for disaster. You will probably start developing insulin resistance from constant spikes all day long.
    Not in a deficit you won't.
    I used to be obese, and when I lost weigh doing Atkins, my diet put a lot of stress on my liver and kidneys
    No it didn't. I did the same diet, and had the same concerns - so I had my physician check my kidney and liver function throughout my weight loss.

Zero impact.

What DID happen:

• Total cholesterol dropped
    • Good cholesterol went up
    • Bad cholesterol went down
    • Triglycerides plummeted
    • Fasting blood sugar normalized
    • Oh, and I lost forty pounds.

For info: recall that Atkins isn't a high protein diet; it's a high fat diet. Furthermore, high protein diets have never been shown to negatively impact upon kidney function in humans with normal kidney function.

, but I still lost quite a bit of weight, and therefore all of my lipids and blood pressure improved just from the fact that I lost so much body fat.
    Bingo. Lose it anyway you can.
    Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started.

Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...
    (Now you can find out why... in Hebrew!)

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Muscle_Girl View Post

I think it would be more like "roll" off the bandwagon.
    "No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide." ~Fight Club

BOARD REP

Rep Points

how many twinkies was he able to eat in a day? im too lazy to do the math

h
    ttp://www.SteelGear.net
    - No minimum order
    - Express delivery option
    - Flexible discount on bulk orders
    http://SteelGear.net/usa-domestic
    - USA Domestic
    - No Customs related issues