School Forces Boy To Take American Flag Off Bike

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Thumbs down School Forces Boy To Take American Flag Off Bike

DENAIR, Calif. -- A Stanislaus County school is forcing a student to take an American flag off of his bike.
    Thirteen-year-old Cody Alicea put the flag there as a show of support for the veterans in his family.
    But officials at Denair Middle School told him he couldn't fly it. He said he was told some students had complained.
    So now the eighth-grader folds up the flag and puts it in his backpack while he is in class.
    His father, Robert Kisner, said his son should not have to put the flag away.
    "He's got that flag on his bike because he's proud of where he comes from," Kisner said.
    But the superintendent said he's trying to avoid tension on campus.
    "(The) First Amendment is important," Superintendent Edward Parraz said. "We want the kids to respect it, understand it, and with that comes a responsiblity."
    Parraz said the campus has recently experienced some racial tension. He said some students got out of hand on Cinco de Mayo.
    "Our Hispanic, you know, kids will, you know, bring their Mexican flags and they'll display it, and then of course the kids would do the American flag situation, and it does cause kind of a racial tension which we don't really want," Parraz said. "We want them to appreciate the cultures."
    Parraz said if a disruption arises over a flag, they want it to be taken down to protect the safety of all students.
    The teen's mother said she hopes to talk to the school principal to work something out.
    Outside of the school, a large U.S. flag flies from atop a flagpole.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

This country is pussified.

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I don't give a fuck about flags, but that that shit is retarded and illegal. You can't tell anyone that they can't display a county's flag. Typical educators! There are so many people in academia that are brain dead. It is no surprise that education in America is suffering the way it is.

On a related thought, this is kinda funny. I like seeing American flag wavers being told that they can't display theirs for once. It started with bigots being banned from displaying the confederate flag, and then later more bigots being upset that Mexicans wanted to display their flag. Things always seem come full circle.
    Fucking Determined!

primeau

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by min0 lee View Post
    What a joke...so glad I don't live in Denair, CA.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

wow, I am speechless.

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by min0 lee View Post
    we knew that when they started banning dodge ball, pathetic state we are in.
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

DRSE - The Connoisseur
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

I thought this was America.
    -I know your words, just not together.

Registered Abuser

Rep Points

Flag wavers are annoying but this is wrong.

Rep Points

Well, it might be offensive to undocumented immigrants. I wonder what the odds are that the same principal would tell a Mexican kid that he couldn't have the Mex flag on his bike. To date, I've never heard of it happening. Maybe this kid should get in touch with the local ACLU chapter for help. lol

Amateur Gynecologist
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I'm glad that school's biggest problem is someone wanting to display a flag.
    DRSE Reconnaissance

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Makes no sense. None, what so ever; as he lives in the state of CA.
    Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but Cabbage with a College Education.

Rep Points

No, it makes sense.

University of Illinois Professor, Stop Chanting U-S-A at Games
    CLOSE [X]

The vast majority of 9/11 observances in this country cannot be seen as politically neutral events. Implicit in their nature are the notions that lives lost at the World Trade Center are more valuable than lives lost in Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine and elsewhere; that the motives of the 9/11 attackers had nothing to do with genuine grievances in the Islamic world regarding American imperialism; and that the U.S. has been justified in the subsequent killing of hundreds of thousands in so-called retaliation.

The observance at Saturday’s football game was no different. A moment of silence was followed by a military airplane flyover; in between, Block-I students chanted “USA, USA.” This was neither patriotism nor remembrance in any justifiable sense, but politicization, militarism, propaganda and bellicosity. The University is a public institution that encompasses the political views of all, not just the most (falsely) “patriotic.” Athletic planners should cease such exploitation for political purposes. They might at least consider how most Muslim students, American or otherwise, would respond to this nativist display; or better, Muslims and others that live their lives under the threat of our planes, drones and soldiers.

The overwhelmingly white, privileged, Block-I students should be ashamed of their obnoxious, fake-macho, chicken-hawk chant, while poverty-drafted members of their cohort fight and die in illegal and immoral wars for the control of oil. University administrators need to eliminate from all events such “patriotic” observances, which in this country cannot be separated from implicit justifications for state-sponsored killing.

David Green,

University Academic Professional

RDRSE Ghost Assassin
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GearsMcGilf View Post
    Well, it might be offensive to undocumented immigrants. I wonder what the odds are that the same principal would tell a Mexican kid that he couldn't have the Mex flag on his bike. To date, I've never heard of it happening. Maybe this kid should get in touch with the local ACLU chapter for help. lol
    this was the same school that let the mexican on 5 of may to fly the mex flag and eat tacos
    If you strike me down(ban me)I'll become more powerful than ever.. Don't say i don't warn you.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by vortrit View Post
    I'm glad that school's biggest problem is someone wanting to display a flag.
    That's the problem with school administrators. Most of them can't solve any real problems so they spend their days looking for stupid shit like this to do so they feel like they are doing something. Sometimes working as a teacher feels like I'm working for the enemy.

Rep Points

Well I dont have any kids but if I did I would pull them out of that school right away and send them some where they can fly the AMERICAN FLAG ! I would hate to send my children to a shool where they teach my children that they cant even fly their own flag. In their own country.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by HardCharger_84 View Post
    Well I dont have any kids but if I did I would pull them out of that school right away and send them some where they can fly the AMERICAN FLAG ! I would hate to send my children to a shool where they teach my children that they cant even fly their own flag. In their own country.
    I thought that was the funniest (or saddest) part of the whole article. The school has a flagpole with the U.S. flag right in front of the school. The stupidity just boggles the mind. The school has a flag prominently displayed, but the individual students can't display their own on a bicycle? Unbelievable.

the unbanned

Rep Points

America = fucked!!

I am just hoping that I can build a good enough asset base before the whole economy crashes!

Amateur Gynecologist
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    That's the problem with school administrators. Most of them can't solve any real problems so they spend their days looking for stupid shit like this to do so they feel like they are doing something. Sometimes working as a teacher feels like I'm working for the enemy.
    I know what you mean...
    DRSE Reconnaissance