IronMagLabs

is it worth it to have a intra drink

Rep Points

is it worth it to have a intra drink

as the title suggests are there benefits to having an intra drink, i was planning on taking 50 grams of dextrose in the middle of ym workout then have a poste shake as normal

Rep Points

I've never found this to be helpful. During my workout, I just stay hydrated with water, and save the simple carbs for after.

= Opportunity Ass Kicker

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by nutta View Post
    as the title suggests are there benefits to having an intra drink, i was planning on taking 50 grams of dextrose in the middle of ym workout then have a poste shake as normal
    You know...I thought it was funny when these intra-workout drinks hit the market. For years we've all heard that the best time to take in simple sugars is immediately post-workout. This is still true. Simple sugars digest within about 5 minutes of hitting the small intestine. So, these companies starting selling this "large-molecule complex carb" drink that when taken in during a workout will produce better pumps and give you more fuel during training. Only a very small portion of complex carbs are digested immediately. The majority of the rest of the carbs take anywhere from 1 hour to 1.5 hours to digest completely. How is that supposed to give you more fuel? Ah yes...an added stimulant...and some CarnoSyn...that's the ticket.
    It's really just simple science and I think that's why these drinks haven't sold that well. Just another marketing ploy that I would stay away from if I were you. I don't use these drinks, no Monster, and certainly no Gatorade...just plain 'ol water during training.

Goonie Goo Goo

Rep Points

When i'm on a bulk(can afford extra calories) I drink gatorade during my workouts, but for no other reason besides I like it.

Rep Points

Unless you have performance-oriented training with 2+ hour sessions, there's no real reason for an intra-WO supplement outside of BCAA.

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Unless you have performance-oriented training with 2+ hour sessions, there's no real reason for an intra-WO supplement outside of BCAA.
    this...and I dont even think BCAAs are that needed.
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

When I do events training (takes about 3 hours), I'll do a plain bagel and some jelly with whey protein.
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    I've never found this to be helpful. During my workout, I just stay hydrated with water, and save the simple carbs for after.
    Yep what he said!

Primordial Performance
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

The only time I had benefits from an intra drink was when I was training for 2+ hours. I only think athletes need this option personally. I did read a study recently though that showed increased protein synthesis while consuming whey during training? Not sure if I am remembering it correct or not??

DRSE owns this shithole
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    For a longer session, I'll add in a scoop of gatorade, bcaas and a little stim to keep me going.
    TheCaptn' is not a registered proctologist. His post are for his amusement only. Please seek proper medical advice if symptoms persist.

Rep Points

BCAA's are all I recommned and as someone else mentioned, if you're bulking and are allowed the extra kcals, gatoraid is a simple, yet effective enough choice.

I prefer the pre-workouts myself, but I do take intra-BCAA's.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by nutta View Post
    never herd of drinking dextrose during WO, save that for postWO drink. INTRA WO drink is usually protine or ibcaa's..

throw 5-10g iBCAA's in a bottle of water and your good.

Primordial Performance
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

I'm going to try MAP intra-workout and see how it compares to IBCAA's

Rep Points

My current drink is a pre/intra and I noticed difference in terms of my stamina, ability to keep lefting heavy until the last minute, especially on heavy HIT full body routine I usually get burned out after heavy deadlifts and bench presses, but consuming an intra helps me keep that momentum and keep lefting heavy. The cheapest Intra drink I used to make is pretty much Gatorade mixed with some BCAA/Glutamine. Sometimes I would ues the same pre drink mixed with Gatorade and consume while lifting. It worked for me.

Rep Points

I cant drink anything besides water when I workout, or I get naucious.

on another note, inta-aid and intrabolic (i think thats what it's called) tasted horrible. I think it's the hydrolysate whey.?