anyone here compete?

Rep Points

anyone here compete?

anyone on this message board compete in bodybuilding, powerlifting, strongman contests, or oly lifting meets? i constantly see the same dozen young guys giving advice from ab training to oly lifting.. i often wonder how some at such a young age know so much. but i never see results posted on competitions. dosent anyone compete?

BOARD REP

Rep Points

there have been several threads on this recently......just do a simple search for the word "compete"....there are many of us here
    www.euroking-gear.net
    please know and follow the laws of your country regarding aas

Greg

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by stepaukas View Post
    anyone on this message board compete in bodybuilding, powerlifting, strongman contests, or oly lifting meets? i constantly see the same dozen young guys giving advice from ab training to oly lifting.. i often wonder how some at such a young age know so much. but i never see results posted on competitions. dosent anyone compete?
    I am training for O lifting and hoping to compete at some point next year. There are many reasons I have not competed in the past, but the biggest is training experience - I have not been dedicated to training for the sport for more than a few months. The other thing is that it is very difficult to find O lifting gyms and they are basically essential at a certain point. I stubbornly denied this for a while.
    Last edited by gtbmed; 11-30-2010 at 10:36 AM.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

I competed in bodybuilding a few times, last show was 2004, but honestly I just never really enjoyed the prep or the actual day of the show.

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Bombus H. Maximus

Rep Points

Power Lifting.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by gtbmed View Post
    I am training for O lifting and hoping to compete at some point next year. There are many reasons I have not competed in the past, but the biggest is training experience - I have not been dedicated to training for the sport for more than a few months. The other thing is that it is very difficult to find O lifting gyms and they are basically essential at a certain point. I stubbornly denied this for a while.
    you're in atlanta....are you familiar with Coffee's Gym?......it's a pretty serious Oly lifting and powerlifting place
    www.euroking-gear.net
    please know and follow the laws of your country regarding aas

Rep Points

You should check out heavy bomber's journal...
    Dude is a straight up beast!

Amateur Gynecologist
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Only in chicken breast eating contest.
    DRSE Reconnaissance

Greg

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by irish_2003 View Post
    you're in atlanta....are you familiar with Coffee's Gym?......it's a pretty serious Oly lifting and powerlifting place
    I'm actually in Chicago right now but going back to Atlanta for the winter and spring months. My problem is that I'm a student and I don't really have the transportation to get to a place like that.

There are a few weightlifting clubs within the city limits that I may check out.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I have competed in strongman since 2001, and powerlifting since 1998, doing more raw pwerlifting than anything right now, as my knees are not liking the heavy moving events as much, have done some Highland games comps also.

ST

Rep Points

Post op 3 months from shoulder surgery... won States(Michigan), Nationals and qualified for Worlds all in APF Division 242lb class Sub-Master. Rehab is over and I am getting back in the gym to get ready for another season.. I will be in Master this year for I turn 40. I am a raw lifter, but I think due to my shoulder injury I am going to go equiped. I look forward to post my journal of my comback, I have been trying to get my vids posted, I have a 505 gym bench and a 600 pound 3 bourd press raw, but they are too big of a file. Hope to get them up soon.

Rep Points

Competed in powerlifting for over ten years. Takes a great deal of time and effort to compete, and it does get harder as we get older. I know a guy who is in his 60's and still competes, but most of us fall off due to injuries or just general wear and tear. I'm 44 now, and I'm not sure I'll ever compete at the level I did when I was younger.

Rep Points

I did MMA for a few years, but haven't competed in about 15 months while I finish out grad school. I still train on an infrequent basis, but haven't been consistent enough to really advance my game.

Rep Points

Our powerlifting coach is 57 and pulled 755 raw at Worlds in Florida this year...He has held the World Record for deads and total for his age for the last 6 years(AAPF). Other then this recent shoulder surgery I am actually stronger now then I was 10 years ago.. I think that holds true, due to the fact of the size of the Master division(40-45).. alot of competitions will hold a whole day just for Masters..

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    Our powerlifting coach is 57 and pulled 755 raw at Worlds in Florida this year...He has held the World Record for deads and total for his age for the last 6 years(AAPF). Other then this recent shoulder surgery I am actually stronger now then I was 10 years ago.. I think that holds true, due to the fact of the size of the Master division(40-45).. alot of competitions will hold a whole day just for Masters..
    Congrats on coming back from your shoulder surgery. I just had my lower back done 18 months ago. Recovery can be a challenge. Never really thought about the Masters competitions, but it might be a nice way to stay involved in the sport. Good luck in competing. Sounds like your coach is a helluva lifter. I guess some so get better with age!

Greg

Rep Points

A 755 raw pull is pretty damn good. Is this guy SHW?

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Planning to compete in powerlifting once university is over and done with. Only for fun really, i honestly couldn't care less about winning.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

awsome!!

i'm not a strongman, b builder or powerlifter, but a skinny cyclist that likes to lift.. one day, i would like to enter a deadlift contest. at 145 my best is 365.. not sure how i do, but when the cycling is all over and done with, i still want to compete..just on a different stage..