Divine Nutrition

anxiety anybody?

Rep Points

anxiety anybody?

ive suffered from anxiety on and off for most of my life as long as i can remember,it varys from hardly bothering me to occasionaly being realy bad like almost like im paranoid,things that make me anxious are usualy about me upsetting people,forgetting things,health issues,realtionship issues,job security etc.

i just wondered if any one else on here suffers from this and advice on controlling it?

ps,im 29 and only have the occasionaly beer say once or twice per month,i dont smoke cigerettes and dont take any recreational drugs.

now days i try to lead a healthy life style by not drinking or smoking,eating healthy meals and loads of fitness but 10 years ago i was a weed smoking binge drinker who lived on junk food so maybe this hasnt helped me with anxiety?

sometimes i think that after a big sparring or cardio session i feel on top of the world yet some times i worry like crazy,i went to the doctors about this a few times a couple of years ago and they basicly said "your fine there is nothing we can do to help you"

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

meditation....you gotta take a broom to your mind and sweep it clear of the garbage and cobwebs up in the corners. Your mind is hazy with confusion because your not clearing it out....

I always do it at night as I drift to sleep, I blank the slate of my mind and then focus on nothing....after I feel clear I let my imagination refill my head....like last night I was riding on a chariot behind a team of neon green horses and we were darting from hill top to hill top trying to catch an explosion of light that kept popping up on distant hills. When I caught up to it we blew up and I was a photon of light floating in open space, but I had directional control, I blanked out after that.....but if you redirect your mind to think of pleasant stuff as you drift away then your next day will fill peaceful......
    Last edited by maniclion; 12-01-2010 at 04:05 PM.
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

Uncle Z Rep
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by maniclion View Post
    meditation....you gotta take a broom to your mind and sweep it clear of the garbage and cobwebs up in the corners. Your mind is hazy with confusion because your not clearing it out....

I always do it at night as I drift to sleep, I blank the slate of my mind and then focus on nothing....after I feel clear I let my imagination refill my head....like last night I was riding on a chariot behind a team of neon green horses and we were darting from hill top to hill top trying to catch an explosion of light that kept popping up on distant hills. When I caught up to it we blew up and I was a photon of light floating in open space, but I had directional control, I blanked out after that.....but if you redirect your mind to think of pleasant stuff as you drift away then your next day will fill peaceful......
    thats deep

-All of my posts are for entertainment purposes only, & not to be taken seriously
    -All content posted is nothing more than a comical skit, & a joke

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I just wanted to add this thought:

I had the same issues with anxiety and was not too sure what was going on, I first thought, it was my heart and it was racing and going a million miles a minute, but little did I know, until I took my heart rate it was low blood pressure.

I was then told that the body is reacting because there is not a regular or normal heart rate, (blood being pumped into the heart) and this might be your issue.

Next time you get this anxiety, take your heart rate and see if it is normal in comparison to your age and the charts. If it isn't, be it hypo or hyper then make the move toward the Dr again, as see if cardio doctors are available.

Anyhow, I thought I'd share that.
    Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but Cabbage with a College Education.

Stacey's Boy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ontopthegame85 View Post
    thats deep
    Yeah, good stuff !

Rep Points

thanks for the advice nighttowl,a while ago i breathed in a bit of icyocynate vapor from some paint at work and i was convinced that i had screwed my lungs up,went to the docs who tested my lungs in every possable way as well as blood pressure and blood oxygen levels and it was spot on perfect and it was all in my head.
    i even made them do some x-rays on my lungs as was realy worried and all was good in them too.
    it could well be low blood pressure i will have to do some research on what it should be and moniter mine

it would be nice to just be able to pin point what triggers anxiety and be able to controll it,my brother suffers from it too and he says his is part of crones disease which he has got mildly.