• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Contest Prep

Thorus

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi,

now I´m preparing for some contests in november.

I´m natural....train HIT-style and follow a ketogenic diet with a lot of protein !!! It works very well!!!

My first contest is in 4 weeks and I have to lose about 6 pounds!! I hope this will be done within 3 weeks. The last week I have to look to lose my water!!!

The last two days I take no sodium and load up with carbs.....drink destillated water and carb up.

Now it will be getting very hard, because the only foods I eat are chicken, proteinpowder, salad, oil and a lot of supps !!!

But it has to be done in order to get in TOPSHAPE !!!!

Any suggestions???

Greets,
Thorus

Judging from your pics, you have a good handle on things. There are some tricks with potassium loading since you are "Natural" and we don't have to worry about potassium and diuretics.

There are also several Carb-up" protocols available and several tricks with timing and amount of water involved!

If you want, post your meal plan, start a journal...and the "general" comments will follow! :D (DPw8 swears their clients to secrecy...right? ..lol)

DP

u might consider ditching the whey now and just sticking with whole foods from here on out. Yeah the sodium and potasium thing can get a bit tricky

Hi ,

this weekend I will make some other photos.....my definition is not as good as I want to........anywhere I have 3 weeks more for my first contest.
I hope to qualifye for the nationals, which will be on November,16th !!!

The next carb-up day I try to do all right with potassium and sodium...I think I can do it !!!

Perhaps I reduce my calories. At this time I eat about 1800.

We will see, when the pics are finished!!!

See you !!!

Greets,
Thorus

Looking foward to the pics. Let me know if I can be of any help. Been doing this for 14 years already...wow, that made me feel old.

Hi gopro,

the last week I made good gains !!!

I don´t think I eat to less calories......you know.....Mike Mentzer wrote in his book "Heavy Duty" about his competition prep.....and most time he didn´t it eat more than 1400 caloriesa day.

OKay.....you are right.....he certainly have taken a lot of drugs.....but you should not forget that he was over 60 pounds heavier than me.........so I think the calories are okay for me.

It´s one week over and I got much harder...I have lost two pounds....and I think it´s fat!!!
I still have no hunger and my strengthlevel is finally okay.

And in the fitnessclass it´s more important to get as ripped as possible than a have a lot of mass.

I hope I get the same results the following week.

Two days before the show I eleminate all sodium and I beginn to carb up !I take pills of potassium and 24 hours before I stop drinking !!

Do you think it´s all right?

Greets,
Thorus

Well, I did not know you were doing a fitness class...yes, then losing some mass will not really hurt you. Shape, definition, and proportions is most important.

If your plan is starting to work, then stick with it!

When you carb up you should start 3 days out. GRADUALLY eliminate sodium over the 3 days. You need SOME sodium to get a good carb load. I usually recommend that you stop drinking water about 24 hours before prejudging.

IML Gear Cream!
hey gp Iam a bit curious if you beliee in the vit c thing durying dehydration ive heard some natural guys use that technique

I have never found any added diuretic effect from Vit C, but others like Skip LaCour believe heavily in it. It is something that each individual must experiment with. Some also believe in vit B6 as well. For me, a dandelion based supplement works best. Caffeine also make me pee my brains out!

Hi,

now its five days before the show.....my form is a little bit better than four days ago.....I hope to lose two or three pounds more.....
And I will have a lots of pictures of me the next days...

Oh.....one more question!!!

What supps do you prefer for getting in shape ???

Greets,
Thorus

Originally posted by Thorus
Hi,

now its five days before the show.....my form is a little bit better than four days ago.....I hope to lose two or three pounds more.....
And I will have a lots of pictures of me the next days...

Oh.....one more question!!!

What supps do you prefer for getting in shape ???

Greets,
Thorus

Be more specific...do you mean in the days before a show, or during an entire precontest phase?

Hi gopro,

I want to know what supps you prefer in the beginning of your competition diet and in the end ?!

....and only supps to lose more fat or to speed up your metabolism!!

Today its my last training....a little back and shoulders and after this I start to carb up !!!

In the last two weeks I only have eaten 1000 to 1300 calories and lost about 3 to 4 pounds more!!! I will make a lot of photos and then you will see my condition!!!

Greets,
Thorus

Can't wait to see some pics!

Anyway, when preparing for shows I go with the following supplements...

-creatine
-glutamine
-anti-oxidants
-protein powder
-ephedrine
-caffeine
-yohimbe
-gugglesterones

Hi gopro,

Thank you !!!!here in germany Ephedrin and yohimbin is not allowed !!!

But after all I want to look for informations for gugglesterones !!!

In a few days you will see the pics!!!

Oh my god.....I´m anxious !!!

See you,
Thorus

Best of luck...you'll be great!!!

Hi gopro,

You can never imagin how vou motivate me !!! Thank you !!!!

It´s very early in the morning....the night was not well, but today is my first qualifying for the nationals.

The first thing in the morning was to look in the mirror and cceck up the form. Well, my condition is good, but not as ist best!!

I know it !! Three or four pounds from my best. But I´m only able to conserve my best condition only a few days. So I hav no other chance !!!

Now I´m drinking a cup of coffee, do some photos and then go for the journey!!!

Wish you all a nice day !!! If I´m not too tired this night I´ll give you feedback!!

Bye,
Thorus

Our thoughts are with you. GOOD LUCK!

IML Gear Cream!
Absolutely! We wish you the best:thumb:

Originally posted by Thorus
Hi gopro,

You can never imagin how vou motivate me !!! Thank you !!!!

It´s very early in the morning....the night was not well, but today is my first qualifying for the nationals.

The first thing in the morning was to look in the mirror and cceck up the form. Well, my condition is good, but not as ist best!!

I know it !! Three or four pounds from my best. But I´m only able to conserve my best condition only a few days. So I hav no other chance !!!

Now I´m drinking a cup of coffee, do some photos and then go for the journey!!!

Wish you all a nice day !!! If I´m not too tired this night I´ll give you feedback!!

Bye,
Thorus

I am glad that you feel that I motivate you! I will continue to try and do so. I am writing this on sunday, so your show is probably over. I hope you did well...and remember, you are a winner no matter where you place!

Hi everybody,

I´m back in town......I took third place from eleven !!!

I´m happy !!! The standard was very good!! Most were totally ripped, which is my problem !!!

I was one of the biggest (you remember it´s the fitnessclass !) and my symmetrie is my strength.....to get better I have to come more ripped....the referees said that I have would won if I had come harder....

The best thing is that I´m now qualified for the nationals....yeahh!!!!
Ten days to get more ripped !! I will give everything to reach this......

I will reduce my calories more up to 800 to 1000 a day!! thats the only way !!! If I lose a little muscle it doesn´t matter !!! I have to come hard !!!

Perhaps I try another thing !!! A very experienced doctor, which knows a lot about bodybuilding, said it to me : 2 or 3 days only to consume a little bit of oil and drink lots of water. He said if I do this only three days the body adapts to neogenesis and within this time you can lose only a little bit of muscle, but more fat. Anybody tried this system???

I think I have to do this experience......

The problem is that there are less bodybuilders who compete real natural.....so the information to get in contest shape is very hard to get!!

It´s good to get the infos from you @ gopro !!!

I think at wednesday I will load up some pics here !!!

Greets,
Thorus

Hey Thorus...great job! 3rd out of 11...excellent! Ok, so you need to be more ripped! Well, I'm not so sure about the idea that the doctor has. Please explain it more...he doesn't want you JUST having oil and water! I mean, you will be eating protein too, right? Also, when is the next show?

Talk to you soon. Congratulations again!

Hi gopro,

thanks !!!!!!

You understood it right !! I only cosnume a few tablespoons oil, drink water and take my vitamins.
The doctor said the body gets his protein from hair, nails and the long thing that is in your abs (don´t know the right word !).....where your nutrition will be worked...and then gets in the ???

Within three days its possible not to lose muscles.....it will be very hard but effective to get that ripped look that I want!!!

Tomorrow I know if I do this.....if not....I reduce my calories !!!

It´s my goal to get as ripped as possible and I´m willing to give everything that I can....thats the only way !!!

Greets,
Thorus

Thorus...I don't know who this doctor is, but his recommendation is one of the worst I ever heard!!!!!!!! Just oil and water! This will only serve to make you sick as a dog and maybe even land you in the hospital!

If you were to eat at least one gram of protein per lb of bodyweight AND have just oil and water for a few days, then you may be ok, but the other way is ludicrous, dangerous, and just plain stupid!

I cannot recommend against this any more fervently!

Hi gopro,

I only reduced my calories....now about 900......!!!

I´m feeling a bit tired, but there is no other way!!! My condition gets better every day!!! We will see.....

Greets,
Thorus

First Pics !!!

Definition is much too bad !!!

Attachments

• 55907b.jpg
    55907b.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 80
Back