• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Study Confirms That Fox News Makes You Stupid

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
:owned:

News Corpse/by Mike Howard

Study Confirms That Fox News Makes You Stupid

A new survey of American voters shows that Fox News viewers are significantly more misinformed than consumers of news from other sources.

December 15, 2010 | Yet another study has been released proving that watching Fox News is detrimental to your intelligence. World Public Opinion, a project managed by the Program on International Policy Attitudes at the University of Maryland, conducted a survey of American voters that shows that Fox News viewers are significantly more misinformed than consumers of news from other sources. What???s more, the study shows that greater exposure to Fox News increases misinformation.

So the more you watch, the less you know. Or to be precise, the more you think you know that is actually false. This study corroborates a previous PIPA study that focused on the Iraq war with similar results. And there was an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll that demonstrated the break with reality on the part of Fox viewers with regard to health care. The body of evidence that Fox News is nothing but a propaganda machine dedicated to lies is growing by the day.

In eight of the nine questions below, Fox News placed first in the percentage of those who were misinformed (they placed second in the question on TARP). That???s a pretty high batting average for journalistic fraud. Here is a list of what Fox News viewers believe that just aint so:
91 percent believe the stimulus legislation lost jobs
72 percent believe the health reform law will increase the deficit
72 percent believe the economy is getting worse
60 percent believe climate change is not occurring
49 percent believe income taxes have gone up
63 percent believe the stimulus legislation did not include any tax cuts
56 percent believe Obama initiated the GM/Chrysler bailout
38 percent believe that most Republicans opposed TARP
63 percent believe Obama was not born in the U.S. (or that it is unclear)
The conclusion is inescapable. Fox News is deliberately misinforming its viewers and it is doing so for a reason. Every issue above is one in which the Republican Party had a vested interest. The GOP benefited from the ignorance that Fox News helped to proliferate. The results were apparent in the election last month as voters based their decisions on demonstrably false information fed to them by Fox News.

By the way, the rest of the media was not blameless. CNN and the broadcast network news operations fared only slightly better in many cases. Even MSNBC, which had the best record of accurately informing viewers, has a ways to go before it can brag about it.

The conclusions in this study need to be disseminated as broadly as possible. Fox???s competitors need to report these results and produce ad campaigns featuring them. Newspapers and magazines need to publish the study across the country. This is big news and it is critical that the nation be advised that a major news enterprise is poisoning their minds.

This is not an isolated review of Fox???s performance. It has been corroborated time and time again. The fact that Fox News is so blatantly dishonest, and the effects of that dishonesty have become ingrained in an electorate that has been been purposefully deceived, needs to be made known to every American. Our democracy cannot function if voters are making choices based on lies. We have the evidence that Fox is tilting the scales and we must now make certain its corporate owners do not get away with it.
(Source)

:coffee:

"Yet another study has been released proving that watching Fox News is detrimental to your intelligence."

No, being misinformed and unintelligent are two totally different things. I guess the author got his definition of intelligence from Fox news.

"CNN and the broadcast network news operations fared only slightly better in many cases."

So they probably 'make you stupid' also. Good thing I don't watch any of them.

MSNBC was slightly better, Rueters I believe is far better.

87% of MSNBC viewers are indeed lesbian OR gay and have a crush on keith olberman. his hair is entirely made of plastic by the way

Fox news viewers: illiterate? Shock.

Most of the US population? Shock.

Yes, Fox ranks low....among the low....ought to put this in the Chinese test score thread. :hmmm:

Well ya, that's just opinion some people take as fact... they're gullable, too!

Well ya, that's just opinion some people take as fact... they're gullable, too!
Gullible, now stand over there with the rest of America.....

:doh: I'll reserve you the spot right behind me..I just ate a rather large bowl of chili. And Im'a farten as I type...

Actually gullable is an alternate spelling, rarely used....just found out when I was seeing if I could create a new word out of guile & able, "guilable" I'm going to use it in one of my Novels....

IML Gear Cream!
Actually gullable is an alternate spelling, rarely used....just found out when I was seeing if I could create a new word out of guile & able, "guilable" I'm going to use it in one of my Novels....

I thunk I was right.

Like beguile or you want to make up your own word like...., damn, that is a tough one..

i forgot u be a writer i dropped a new poem a few dayz ago..:coffee:

The economy may or may not be getting worse, but it is not getting better. The DOW is not a good indicator of economic health. Unemployment has continued to increase long after the $787B earmark bill.

Obamacare will increase the deficit. Its cost is estimated at $1trillion (with a T). We are operating with $0 cash in the bank (with a Z). It will, in reality, most likely cost 2-3 times more than what the politicians say it will cost.

The auto companies have been bailed out repeatedly. The last time around wasn't their first time at the trophe. But, the Obama admin did organize the last takeover. They bailed out the unions, putting bondholders behind the unions, who actually had a claim against the assets of the companies. They should have been allowed to collapse.

Climate change is a political crusade. There is no conclusive evidence that industrialization is destroying the planet. The climate has gone through cycles for 4.5 billion years. Why does the only solution proposed always involve rich nations slowing it down and sharing their wealth with developing countries.

Even MSNBC, which had the best record of accurately informing viewers, has a ways to go before it can brag about it.
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

YouTube Video

Here's Keith Olbermann giving Iran a clean bill of health and wanting desperately to take their word over the president's.

If Mike Howard says so, it must be the gospel.

Last edited:
Back