• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Accutane

The Prototype

Performance Enhanced
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Not sure if I'm posting this in the right area. Got a question about accutane. I plan to take a low dose around 20 mg daily. How long does it take before you start seeing results and how long should you take the product? Just trying to figure out how much I need to order. This stuff isn't really cheap. Thx guys.

Doesnt really belong in the anabolic forums but I'll answer anyways.

I took accutane twice when I was younger......how many mg was in 1 pill ? I think I took around 3 pills a day ? (You might just want to try googling how much people cycled it depends how bad your acne is too. I took it so long ago I forgot)

But you notice it quick and it is pretty powerful drug to be taken oral. You should have to be on it for about 12 weeks or around 3 months though to get the benefits. It will really help your acne long term if you cycle it long enough.

Within the first week or two my face got SUPER dry. My lips get chapped like madd and even like the inside of your nose basically everything on you is way more dry. Trust me you will know it is working I took it in elementary grade 8 and in grade 10. It was almost too embarrassing to go to school because my face and everything was so dry.

The first cycle I was on it I had to go off because for some reason I couldnt run even if I tried. Liver problems I think I was getting monthly blood tests. Doctor told me to go off of it right away after I told him the problem of not being able to run. A year or two later I went on it again had another cycle but then I stopped halfway through because everything was improved so much already. Didnt feel the need to stay on it

But it worked wonders I had the worst acne it was disgusting. Check out my profile I have a recent picture in there now so you can see it improved SO much. My face previously was literally covered with the biggest zits you can think of all over the place now I just have acne scars left.

Honestly my advice is if you have THAT bad of acne go to your doctor and get it prescribed to you. If its that bad he should have no problem giving it to you. It is really powerful and hard on your body it should really be taken as a LAST resort after you tried all topical creams, proactive, and went to go see a dermatologist.

Hope that helps

I've had acne popping up on my chest, shoulders and back. What's the point of having muscles if you're embarrassed to take off your shirt due to acne. I would say it's mild to moderate. Could be worse but could be better. My skin feels oily all the time which wasn't the case before cycle. I'm actually going home now to shower during lunch. I started using Dawn dish soap bc I heard it helps but my skin is just always oily and new acne is popping up daily. I never had a prob with acne so this is new to me. I've heard a low dose of accutane works really well with minimal sides. I don't think the issue is big enough to go to a doctor. This is only an issue on cycle so I'd prefer to self medicate myself. I only have three weeks left on cycle.

20mg ED for 4-6 months.

The acne will get a little worse before it gets better but the stuff works.

Be sure to have some liver supplements to go along with it.

20mg ED for 4-6 months.

That probably sounds about right I havent heard of too much experience of people stacking it in with the cycle but it is definately hard on the liver so I would incorporate a liver supplement for sure while on it. Also I wouldnt drink and stay pretty strict just to make sure you arent messing with anything else.

I had a friend on accutance who just drank only once and he started to piss blood. But he was on a high dose of it to clear up his natural acne not while running a cycle

Hope that helps

20mg ED for 4-6 months.

This ^^^

20mg ED for 4-6 months.

X2, this is what i do for about 4-6 months not meant to be on for a long time and it realy works! I get a script from good ol doc when i need some and definatly have some liver supps. on hand because it can be hard on the liver as the doc said and CT.

BP

I know it is a bummer having acne but accutane even on a low dose is really tuff on the liver.. I am 40 y/o and suffer from acne, I know 40 and acne. Sucks!!! There are other avenues. What I do is I wash my entire body in anti-bacterial soap as well as I use a soap called Hepa-cleanse it is a soap that is used to clean wounds, you can buy it at any Rite-Aid or Walgreens. By using these soaps it kills the bacteria that is in the zits and helps clear them up faster. There are also topicals that a Dr. can scribe that can help clear them up. Being on AAS and accutane is a bad combo even with liver care. When I was on accutane my liver enzymes were double of what they should be. And that was just accutane and no AAS.. Hope it all works out for you..

Maybe I'll check out those soaps you mentioned for now. 4-6 months is a long time and damn expensive. I never in my life had issues with acne. It's really annoying. I've had a few pop up here and there but my girl pointed it out so she got me kinda worried about it. I thought it would get better but it's just slowly getting worse but good news is I only have three more weeks on cycle.

I know it is a bummer having acne but accutane even on a low dose is really tuff on the liver.. I am 40 y/o and suffer from acne, I know 40 and acne. Sucks!!! There are other avenues. What I do is I wash my entire body in anti-bacterial soap as well as I use a soap called Hepa-cleanse it is a soap that is used to clean wounds, you can buy it at any Rite-Aid or Walgreens. By using these soaps it kills the bacteria that is in the zits and helps clear them up faster. There are also topicals that a Dr. can scribe that can help clear them up. Being on AAS and accutane is a bad combo even with liver care. When I was on accutane my liver enzymes were double of what they should be. And that was just accutane and no AAS.. Hope it all works out for you..
ALT and AST that is double normal is not as severe as you may think. Did you use support sups while on Accutane?

Do you have any science that supports your statement that "accutane even on a low dose is really tuff on the liver"? I have read many human studies and I have never seen that data. In fact the data says that the incidence of side effects is low with lower doses of Accutane.

Further you seem to state in a very general way that aas raise liver enzymes by posting "Being on AAS and accutane is a bad combo even with liver care." Since testosterone has not been shown to adversly effect the liver at cycle doses I think you need to be more specific.

IML Gear Cream!
Maybe I'll check out those soaps you mentioned for now. 4-6 months is a long time and damn expensive. I never in my life had issues with acne. It's really annoying. I've had a few pop up here and there but my girl pointed it out so she got me kinda worried about it. I thought it would get better but it's just slowly getting worse but good news is I only have three more weeks on cycle.

Accutane will have you cleared up almost completely with in about a month, you would be supprised...i love it man, it is not as bad as people put it out to be on the liver it is just a caution to what could happen...idk about your doctor but mine doesnt have a problem writing me a script when i need it, it is cheap if you have insurance and almost all insurance companies cover it!

BP

This might be wayyy off track, but I've heard of people using Proactiv when on cycle. Is that weak compared to accutane? I've never had much of an acne problem knock on wood.

ALT and AST that is double normal is not as severe as you may think. Did you use support sups while on Accutane?

Do you have any science that supports your statement that "accutane even on a low dose is really tuff on the liver"? I have read many human studies and I have never seen that data. In fact the data says that the incidence of side effects is low with lower doses of Accutane.

Further you seem to state in a very general way that aas raise liver enzymes by posting "Being on AAS and accutane is a bad combo even with liver care." Since testosterone has not been shown to adversly effect the liver at cycle doses I think you need to be more specific.
Heavy you are correct I should of said it has been "my excperience" that accutane in low doses is tuff on the liver. When I was on it I was not on AAS and my Dr. was very alarmed at the rate and amount that my liver enzymes had been raised. And I made the mistake of "Assuming" this person was not just on Test. thats why I said AAS. Its a great med. no doubt about it, IMO that if there are other avenues a guy could use to get similiar results then I would provide some insight. I have suffered from SEVERE acne all my life and have been on alot of different acne regiments and Accutane was very harsh "for me". Like I said you were right I should not generalize and should have been specific to my excperiences. As far as my scientific support? Only what happend to my liver and my enzymes when I took the med.

Someone asked about seeing results....

...You don't because of the cateraks.(ha ha)yeah that's how I spell it cause I am not a sheep. And I wont be singing the praises of this wonder drug either. Why you ask? Cause I ain't got no lips!!! you who have been on it know what I mean, right? But still that was a joke my lips grew back but why else would I not sing? well I was on it as a senior in high school, then when I was 18 , just months later I was taking a shower and I flung my hair back and what I thought was me tweeking my back really badly was actually the membrane around my lung ripping all the way down and my lower back pain that, 2 days of smoking muscle relaxing b.l.s did not cure was caused from my lung being 80% collapsed and just sitting there on my other organs. And what 18 year old guy is gonna think oh that must of been my lung collapsing for no reason??? but it did. now a question for you. If you have taken Accutane, would you think that there may have been a little cause and effect. Would your lung collapse for no reason without taking the drug known to dry out things like membranes. and lips and any other part of your body that is suppose to stay moist(i.e eyeballs, disks in your spine, inside your nostrals, your digestive system.) How well would your lungs move when you breath if they were the consistency of saltine crackers? would a moist sponge work better?

Can i get a vote who thinks there is a relation. please vote only if you have felt its effects first hand.

took it when I was in high school. made me feel like shit and I had random bloody noses a lot. shit works though

my dermatologist had be on 40 mg's a day for about 6 months

Back