Cemproducts.com

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Anecdotal Steroid Experience Requested

Rep Points

Anecdotal Steroid Experience Requested

There are no real long term studies of steroid usage so I would like to ask people to provide their personal experiences with long term usage. What I am trying to get at is some idea of where the line begins with shutting down normal test production permanently. I know heavy and some of the other guys are on TRT for the rest of their lives.

So.. have any of you cycled heavy for a few years then got off and found your testosterone production was normal? Is TRT more a factor of age + usage or is it simply a matter of overall usage? I know this will vary from person to person but I've never really seen anyone sit down and talk about it specifically. Will production always rebound given enough time (Rebound to levels acceptable for your age)? Why do some people never rebound? Or is it a mystery with no hard science behind it yet?

Chemistry Experiment
    ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

I abused aas hard in my 20's and early 30's and had no problems with recovery. By age 39 I had a total T of 300ish ng/dl after being off aas for years. I have been on TRT blast and cruise ever since with a few times off that failed to recover my natty T.

IronMagLabs 15% Off Coupon Code = heavyiron15

International and USA Customers go to Orbitnutrition.com and use HEAVY10 for 10% off all orders at Orbit

Hardcore Peptides 20% Discount Code: HEAVY20

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

So many varibles that have to be considered...............TRT(HRT) can be a result of abuse of AA's or a result of age and natural decline of natural test production. What causes this in each male can be different. TRT IMO is in the infant stage of what we know and what is going to be accepted in the future. I think the future is bright for this if the politicians leave it alone.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

There are a lot of variables but I don't think there is a reason to assume it will be random. I think one can draw direct correlations in some circumstances.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by dg806 View Post
    I think the future is bright for this if the politicians leave it alone.
    And the media!

Rep Points

So many varibles that have to be considered...............TRT(HRT) can be a result of abuse of AA's or a result of age and natural decline of natural test production. What causes this in each male can be different. TRT IMO is in the infant stage of what we know and what is going to be accepted in the future. I think the future is bright for this if the politicians leave it alone.
    ^This

I don't think it is random, but it can be hard to isolate the reason due to the multiple variables. Everyone is different, and their reasons for TRT might be one cause, but more likely the reasons are multiple and varied.

Get outta my yard
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    I abused aas hard in my 20's and early 30's and had no problems with recovery. By age 39 I had a total T of 300ish ng/dl after being off aas for years. I have been on TRT blast and cruise ever since with a few times off that failed to recover my natty T.
    Same pattern as me. By 45 I was low T. I'm not sure it is totally due to AAS since I suspect my father and brothers had the same pattern and no AAS there.

Chemistry Experiment
    ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
    Same pattern as me. By 45 I was low T. I'm not sure it is totally due to AAS since I suspect my father and brothers had the same pattern and no AAS there.
    Yup, it is absolutely proven in human studies that a mans T levels decline on average as they age. Age is a huge factor.

International and USA Customers go to Orbitnutrition.com and use HEAVY10 for 10% off all orders at Orbit

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.

Rep Points

From what I can tell I've come to the general opinion that AAS usage can shut you down permanently (Hard deca use and some other cases [Granted there could have been other factors and unknowns but deca has a reputation]). But in general abusing AAS will lead to TRT happening sooner, not necessarily causing it. So usage decreases the length you are able to produce enough test, not your actual ability to produce it. Seems to be a trend though.

Rep Points

I would agree that abusing AAS can often lead to shutdown sooner, but not always. I've used for over two decades, at least half that time to excess by any reasonable standard, yet it has not let to testosterone production problems. I know people who used far less, for a far shorter time, and were on TRT very young. I do think age catches up with you eventually no matter what, but exactly when can vary greatly from person to person.

Get outta my yard
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I don't know man. I'm really glad there are steroids out there in little bottles. If not I would be smaller fatter and older. Instead I'm working my 28 year old work out partner into the ground. Plus I like taking out my medicine laying it out on the bed and rolling in it like a dog in the grass.

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

I think genetics play the biggest role in males.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I think genetics play the biggest role in males.
    Yes, which is why it's somewhat random. Being low is not the same for everyone. Heavy said his nat test levels were 300 when he started trt. Many doctors wouldn't even consider that low,but if his nat levels at his peak were 900-1100 ng/dl then 300 damn sure would feel low. There can be big differences among individuals in regard to their nat peak levels and therefore what level later in life they must maintain to feel normal.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by dave 236 View Post
    Yes, which is why it's somewhat random. Being low is not the same for everyone. Heavy said his nat test levels were 300 when he started trt. Many doctors wouldn't even consider that low,but if his nat levels at his peak were 900-1100 ng/dl then 300 damn sure would feel low. There can be big differences among individuals in regard to their nat peak levels and therefore what level later in life they must maintain to feel normal.
    That's not saying much. Its relative. 300 isn't low for a 150lb guy. For heavy at ~250+ lbs with as much muscle mass as he has it is low. He would lose muscle and return to homeostasis, whatever that may be considering he has aged. The fact is humans were never supposed to live as long as we do. 20-30 good years and you're out, that's it. Now 20-30 years is nothing, our bodies just haven't caught up and it is very unlikely they will anytime soon.

I think it is all fine and good to say that it is genetics. But to me that just sounds like the easy way out. It's like blaming heart attacks on genetics and not looking into it any further than that.

Get outta my yard
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Life View Post
    That's not saying much. Its relative. 300 isn't low for a 150lb guy. For heavy at ~250+ lbs with as much muscle mass as he has it is low. He would lose muscle and return to homeostasis, whatever that may be considering he has aged. The fact is humans were never supposed to live as long as we do. 20-30 good years and you're out, that's it. Now 20-30 years is nothing, our bodies just haven't caught up and it is very unlikely they will anytime soon.

I think it is all fine and good to say that it is genetics. But to me that just sounds like the easy way out. It's like blaming heart attacks on genetics and not looking into it any further than that.
    No, Moses lived to 120. My great grandmother lived to 100. My great grandfather drank scotch and smoked cigars every day of his life, had a GF in her 30s and died of a bleeding ulcer at 86. Wow man your family history is fugged if you guys die at 20-30.

Rep Points

No, Moses lived to 120. My great grandmother lived to 100. My great grandfather drank scotch and smoked cigars every day of his life, had a GF in her 30s and died of a bleeding ulcer at 86. Wow man your family history is fugged if you guys die at 20-30.
    Reading that made me feel stupider.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Plus I like taking out my medicine laying it out on the bed and rolling in it like a dog in the grass.
    Amen my brother !

Let's not forget everyone that heavyiron with his low test levels just had his first child !

Chemistry Experiment
    ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by chronicelite View Post

Let's not forget everyone that heavyiron with his low test levels just had his first child !
    Actually I was on T when she concieved...

Rep Points

and low t is now main stream! i see commercials about it aimed at men in there 40's and beyond! my father who never did aas is now on trt and that was suggested from his dr 5 years ago!

its probably been plaguing men for hundreds of years. and why not? women need help around their 50's lol

Get outta my yard
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Life View Post
    Reading that made me feel stupider.

wwwoooooooo I'm glad I don't look like that guy on the far left.

Get outta my yard
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Actually I was on T when she concieved...
    Congratulations poppa

Rep Points

You'd have an awesome squat glyco

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Like I said, most doctors actually know very little about HRT and are learning about it. The next 10-20 yrs will bring a big change in lifestyle for men I think.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Like I said, most doctors actually know very little about HRT and are learning about it. The next 10-20 yrs will bring a big change in lifestyle for men I think.
    Agreed. Like mentioned previously in this thread. Women are starting to get hormone treatment around a certain age, why not men ?