Merry Mithras!

Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Merry Mithras!

  1. #1
    inadvertant tree hugger
    ELITE MEMBER
    bandaidwoman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    1,440
    Rep Points
    59565640

    Merry Mithras!

    MITHRAS = CHRISTIANITY

    Just very interesting how this shows religions borrow from each other. Mithras was born dec 25th, virgin mother, 12 disciples, died and rose three days later from a stone tomb, ( may have even been crucified), was a wondering teacher, celibate, had three wise men attend his birth, a physician friend of mine who used to be a theologan told me that some sects of christianity consider Mithras to be Jesus centuries earlier than his visit to the gentiles.
    Official Race Member of the Crank Crushing Rednecks

    Eat more mud, mountain bike until you die!

    XX Feminine power

  2. #2
    Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Posts
    32,686
    Rep Points
    1862244849

    And a happy burn a quran day to you.


  3. #3
    inadvertant tree hugger
    ELITE MEMBER
    bandaidwoman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    1,440
    Rep Points
    59565640

    not denigrating christianity, just thought this was a interesting religious comparative history that is all, you must be having a terrible christmas.
    Official Race Member of the Crank Crushing Rednecks

    Eat more mud, mountain bike until you die!

    XX Feminine power

  4. #4
    Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Posts
    32,686
    Rep Points
    1862244849

    Quote Originally Posted by bandaidwoman View Post
    not denigrating christianity, just thought this was a interesting religious comparative history that is all, you must be having a terrible christmas.
    Yes, because you're attitude towards Western ideas and civilization has been so...positive, that it makes sense that you would start a thread about it on one of the foremost Christian days because you find it "interesting."

    My Christmas has been great, but it doesn't mean that I have to put be nice to you about your passive aggressive attitude towards the West/White.


  5. #5
    inadvertant tree hugger
    ELITE MEMBER
    bandaidwoman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    1,440
    Rep Points
    59565640

    Quote Originally Posted by DOMS View Post
    Yes, because you're attitude towards Western ideas and civilization has been so...positive, that it makes sense that you would start a thread about it on one of the foremost Christian days because you find it "interesting."

    My Christmas has been great, but it doesn't mean that I have to put be nice to you about your passive aggressive attitude towards the West/White.
    This why religion makes people emotionally illogical, you are reacting emotionally because it affronts you that jesus didn't have the monopoly on the whole virgin birth and rose from the dead gig going. (Since you want to play bedside psycologist). It's strange, when I engage in non-shouting, non ad -hominem attack like discourse, it is being passive aggressive. Or is being civilized no longer fashionable?
    Official Race Member of the Crank Crushing Rednecks

    Eat more mud, mountain bike until you die!

    XX Feminine power

  6. #6
    Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Posts
    32,686
    Rep Points
    1862244849

    Quote Originally Posted by bandaidwoman View Post
    This why religion makes people emotionally illogical, you are reacting emotionally because it affronts you that jesus didn't have the monopoly on the whole virgin birth and rose from the dead gig going. (Since you want to play bedside psycologist)
    Right, because non-religious people are Vulcans.

    No, it's your continual passive aggressive attitude towards all things Western and White. "Oh, but no! I've said that I like those things!" Only when someone has called you on it. That's the "passive" side of passive aggressive.


  7. #7
    RDRSE Ghost Assassin
    ELITE MEMBER
    Dark Geared God's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    9,175
    Rep Points
    559889443

    well christian bashing is so in now, and most don't say a thing...Doms just has a vaild point of view. the west provides money education and more money to people that hate us and well we should asa nation quit education people overseas and in 3rd world nations, well because hey hate the USA ..just a thought
    If you strike me down(ban me)I'll become more powerful than ever.. Don't say i don't warn you.


  8. #8
    Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Posts
    32,686
    Rep Points
    1862244849

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Geared God View Post
    well christian bashing is so in now, and most don't say a thing...Doms just has a vaild point of view. the west provides money education and more money to people that hate us and well we should asa nation quit education people overseas and in 3rd world nations, well because hey hate the USA ..just a thought
    Well put! It's about time we stop the handouts. Stop the money, the education, and the policing. Let them complain about that! Let them complain as they starve to death (North Korea and parts of Africa) and blow each other to bits (the Middle East).

    It's a complete waste.


  9. #9
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    1
    Rep Points
    10

    Merry Christmas for all of you!!

  10. #10
    RDRSE Ghost Assassin
    ELITE MEMBER
    Dark Geared God's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    9,175
    Rep Points
    559889443

    If you strike me down(ban me)I'll become more powerful than ever.. Don't say i don't warn you.


  11. #11
    Team RamRod
    MODERATOR
    OfficerFarva's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Dunkin' Donuts
    Posts
    4,781
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Meh, I dislike all organized religion.

    http://ironmagresearch.com

    Canadian Rep for IMR. Use code Farva15 for a 15% discount!

  12. #12
    RDRSE Ghost Assassin
    ELITE MEMBER
    Dark Geared God's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    9,175
    Rep Points
    559889443

    Quote Originally Posted by OfficerFarva View Post
    Meh, I dislike all organized religion.
    waiting on xbox to destroy you
    If you strike me down(ban me)I'll become more powerful than ever.. Don't say i don't warn you.


  13. #13
    Team RamRod
    MODERATOR
    OfficerFarva's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Dunkin' Donuts
    Posts
    4,781
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Geared God View Post
    waiting on xbox to destroy you
    And I'm still waiting on SC2 to destroy you haha. I hate playing most games on consoles, I just stick with my PC.

    http://ironmagresearch.com

    Canadian Rep for IMR. Use code Farva15 for a 15% discount!

  14. #14
    inadvertant tree hugger
    ELITE MEMBER
    bandaidwoman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    1,440
    Rep Points
    59565640

    Quote Originally Posted by OfficerFarva View Post
    Meh, I dislike all organized religion.
    I think if done right, they are a powerful tool for charity organizations. Not that non -organized religious societies can't ( red cross and doctors without borders are secular) but for the most part, in this country, it is.
    Official Race Member of the Crank Crushing Rednecks

    Eat more mud, mountain bike until you die!

    XX Feminine power

  15. #15
    AbaXen Pharmaceuticals
    BOARD REP
    SFW's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    w/Geared Jesus ♂
    Posts
    9,278
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Bandaid, its no conincidence. Its also no coincidence that we once worshipped the "sun"...and now we worship the "son"

    Its morphed paganism.

    Its all Trick knowledge.

    There are trillions of God. Ours is 93 million miles away. Goes by the name of RA!

  16. #16
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    540
    Rep Points
    82414945

    Who gives a shit? I'm too busy recuperating from blasting my back last night.

  17. #17
    RDRSE Ghost Assassin
    ELITE MEMBER
    Dark Geared God's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    9,175
    Rep Points
    559889443

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastico View Post
    Bandaid, its no conincidence. Its also no coincidence that we once worshipped the "sun"...and now we worship the "son"

    Its morphed paganism.

    Its all Trick knowledge.

    There are trillions of God. Ours is 93 million miles away. Goes by the name of RA!
    And i am one of them.. now go worship your monkey or goat
    If you strike me down(ban me)I'll become more powerful than ever.. Don't say i don't warn you.


  18. #18
    AbaXen Pharmaceuticals
    BOARD REP
    SFW's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    w/Geared Jesus ♂
    Posts
    9,278
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    You're an angry, angry man, Mr. Gonzalez.

  19. #19
    Windy City
    ELITE MEMBER
    Big Smoothy's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    5,611
    Rep Points
    235125658

    Quote Originally Posted by bandaidwoman View Post
    MITHRAS = CHRISTIANITY

    Just very interesting how this shows religions borrow from each other. Mithras was born dec 25th, virgin mother, 12 disciples, died and rose three days later from a stone tomb, ( may have even been crucified), was a wondering teacher, celibate, had three wise men attend his birth, a physician friend of mine who used to be a theologan told me that some sects of christianity consider Mithras to be Jesus centuries earlier than his visit to the gentiles.
    Thanks for the info Bandaid women.

    I'm interested in this these topics from time to time.

    Also, for the concept of the "virgin births" there were over a dozen virgin births before the Christian concept of the virgin birth or "Immaculate Conception."

    This concept, was lifted.
    It's an accurate statement that our current spending will not be increasing the debt We've stopped spending money that we don't have.

    -- Jack Lew, then director of the Office of Management and Budget, in Feb. 16, 2011 testimony before the Senate Budget Committee.

  20. #20
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Mudge's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    24,494
    Rep Points
    121800058

    I was raised catholic, but there are MANY stories similar to this where dates/situations are very similar.

    However, it is hard to know if a couple are sprinkled in for effect, there are plenty of liars and opportunists out there.

Similar Threads

  1. Merry Christmas
    By bknoxx in forum Anabolic Zone
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-25-2010, 12:24 AM
  2. Merry Thanksgiving...
    By ROID in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-25-2010, 08:48 AM
  3. Merry XXXmas
    By min0 lee in forum Anything Goes
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-25-2009, 07:43 PM
  4. Merry Christmas!
    By Prince in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-25-2009, 03:58 AM
  5. Merry
    By BabsieGirl in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-21-2003, 10:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->