Sushi?

Thread: Sushi?

Bearded Attacker

Rep Points

Sushi?

Ok guys...I have never tried sushi before, but I might tonight. This girl I'm friends with loves it and wants me to go with her cuz there's this place here in Orlando where you can get it for $2 a roll. So, nutrionally, is it bad? I know fish has good protein in it....or is there stuff in it I should stay away from? Also, is it as yummy as everyone freakin' makes it out to be? I hope so!

Capricorn

Rep Points

I like to stay simple with the sushi. My favorites are: salmon w/ avocado, tuna shashimi and what I believe is called Maki (tuna roll). Watch the amount of soy sauce you use.

By the way, a California roll doesn't have any raw fish, it contains imitation crab meat which means it's full of carbs. The Philadelphia roll is raw salmon/tuna with cream cheese, avocado etc... Those two would probably be a good beginner sushi, but beware of the carbs.
    Last edited by Max. Q; 10-10-2002 at 03:36 PM.
    MAX. Q
    by Howard Balzer

"Roughly one minute after the space shuttle launches, it must withstand a condition of extreme force known as Max Q. Mission success demands that all systems perform at the highest level.

In life, Max Q demands the same commitment to success. It requires choosing greatness, personally as well as professionally. It depends on balance, passion and courage and the wisdom gained from adversity. It is an outcome as well as an attitude."

Bearded Attacker

Rep Points

yeah, the salmon and tuna ones sound good...I love those two types of fish. I'm not going to stuff myself on it either, although at $2 a roll, it's tempting lol

Bearded Attacker

Rep Points

Oh ok. Well, I didn't go anyways...possibly tomorrow night. This girl is HOT also. Umm, well, if I eat it, it'll have to be my "cheat". Although I don't eat that great anyway....had a grilled burger pattie tonight hehe...no bun though, just did it like a steak.

Amor Fati

Rep Points

Be sure to try a dragon roll, and salmon skin roll, and a shrimp tempura roll.

Sushi = not so great 'bodybuilding food' but great re-feed food.
    "The greatest obstacle to knowledge is not ignorance but the illusion of knowledge." -Barry Marshall, Nobel Laureate

Bearded Attacker

Rep Points

not so great body building food. but hell, it's gotta be better than other crap..say, like pizza? or pie? or cake? or giner? oops..no, nothing's better than giner! hope y'all got that

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

just remember that the digestion times of raw fish are very low, about 30 minutes. plan your meals accordingly as you will need to eat again several hours later...
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Pumpkin karver

Rep Points

Originally posted by LAM
    just remember that the digestion times of raw fish are very low, about 30 minutes. plan your meals accordingly as you will need to eat again several hours later...
    Hey LAM good to see you!!

I'd stay away from Boston, philidelphia, and Seatle rolls. they all have mayo or cream cheese on them. If your scared of the carbs from the rice, try the sashimi. And yes, it IS that good.

Personal Favs; Unagi (eel), Hamanachi (Yellow fin tuna), salmon skin roll, and california roll.

La'
    Redsol1
    The dead are merely the countrymen of my future.

Ghosts from the past should return to the darkness from which they came.