Builder to Runner

Body Lines
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Builder to Runner

Hey Guy's & Gal's,

Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone on IM. I'm soon to be 38 years old and had competed in many power lifting and amateur bodybuilding contests in my late teens and early twenties. Since that time, I have become obsessed with running mountain trails and competing in sprints (5k's and 10k's). Needless to say, my body has changed dramatically, but it has been a welcomed transformation. Interesting enough, I have applied so many lessons I learned as a bodybuilder with regards to diet, discipline and training. I think this gives me an advantage over some of my friends who run very well, but don’t know how to “train”.

I’ve been an athlete all my life playing baseball, football and running track. It’s so amazing to look back at each experience and see how each sport has played an integral part in the passions that I have today. For the last ten years, I have been training natural and each year made gains that would rival any mid 20 year old runner. That said, I’m now feeling the pains of being banged up from football and years of heavy lifting, but that hasn’t stopped me. Today, I train smarter than ever and most importantly allow adequate time to recover. Unfortunately, I’ve hit the wall and my days of lifting heavy weights and being banged up on the field has taken its toll. Truthfully, I’m starting to feel my age L
    Long story short, I’ve been sitting on the idea of using gear for the last few years to keep my training on target by increasing strength and aiding in recovery. Wouldn’t you know it…Finally, got the courage and placed an order with that “Gen” CD company. What a debacle!!! Moved on to another source and hoping my music arrives soon!
    I realize that a “runner” on what seems to be a predominantly BB forum is a bit unorthodox, but I did my research and have been reading the posts and what can I say…Feels like home.
    Looking forward to virtually meeting you all and trading work-out secrets! I'll update my profile to with an avatar soon!
    Kind regards,
    Runner22

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Welcome to our bodybuilding & fitness community

Runner22 welcome to IM!

FYI - this forum is for new member introductions, please post specific questions in the appropriate forums, thanks!

Forums:

Please join our Free newsletter: sign-up here!

Check out all of the benefits of becoming an Elite Member

Note: This is an automated message.

BOARD REP

Rep Points