ON making me sick!

"King of Cheat Meals"

Rep Points

ON making me sick!

Ok I've been using ON chocolate for the past half a year maybe. Great taste. I just last week switched to Vanilla to try to break the monotony a little. I can't drink this shit! I mean it makes my stomach knot up, I feel sick and my head starts to hurt a little. Now I would kinda get some brief weird feelings on chocolate but just figured it was a little bump, nothing big. I mean now, I'm barely able to go out to the gym. I'm definitely switching brands and thinking about going with some "organic" or "wellness" type of product. Last week I was fucked up for 6 hours and had to skip the gym all together. That NEVER has happened ever after drinking a freaking protein shake. I hate that I'm wasting the 30 bucks or so I just spent. I felt totally fine on both days and within minutes of drinking my preworkout shake I'm feeling like I've got the goddam flu!

what do you think? Anyone else ever have this kind of deal and if so let me know what brand so I don't buy it.
    Ban 2 1/2 's !!!!!!
    --------------------------------------------
    Some Oooold Pics. All Natural. More to come soon...Still all natural

Rep Points

I witnessed this with Gaspari and believe it is due to the "additives" to the ingredients and chemicals they use. But I switch to NTBM whey thats call "Whey To Build Muscle" and havent had a problem. The flavors are much richer and smoother than others I have tried.

Amateur Gynecologist
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Vanilla is the worse ON flavor I've tried them all and it makes me feel sick as well. Two flavor to avoid are vanilla and tropical punch. The rest of the flavors are not bad although I prefer Extreme Chocolate Milk over them all.
    DRSE Reconnaissance

Rep Points

I happen to like LG Lipo protein and have tried some of the NTBM proteins and they are very good as well. TruScience makes some of the best proteins I have tried to be honest but they are not cheap.

"King of Cheat Meals"

Rep Points

Yea I really liked the Chocolate and it made for a good "dessert" at times when I was trying to cut back on crap late at night. I was also thinking about this: My oat meal is over a year old that I'm putting in sometimes and I was thinking it might have a mold or something in it, as it tasted a bit bitter when I put it in my last shake last week and felt sick. Never really got a bitter taste from my oatmeal before. However I'm still leaning towards the ON. I know I've heard of people doing studies on old flour and meal and how people will have this stuff sitting in their cabinets for ages and when they tested them it would have some less than great growth taking place in it.
    Ban 2 1/2 's !!!!!!

Rep Points

I've been using ON for 9 months and haven't had any issues. I did decide to try their natural whey in an effort to get away from additives and have been pleased thus far.

It's not as tasty as some of the other 100% whey flavors but it's all natural and I like the idea of not putting man made junk my body when I don't have to.

Amateur Gynecologist
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Merkaba View Post
    Yea I really liked the Chocolate and it made for a good "dessert" at times when I was trying to cut back on crap late at night. I was also thinking about this: My oat meal is over a year old that I'm putting in sometimes and I was thinking it might have a mold or something in it, as it tasted a bit bitter when I put it in my last shake last week and felt sick. Never really got a bitter taste from my oatmeal before. However I'm still leaning towards the ON. I know I've heard of people doing studies on old flour and meal and how people will have this stuff sitting in their cabinets for ages and when they tested them it would have some less than great growth taking place in it.
    A year old? Are you serious? Regardless of popular belief things do have expiration dates on them for a damn good reason!
    DRSE Reconnaissance

"King of Cheat Meals"

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by vortrit View Post
    A year old? Are you serious? Regardless of popular belief things do have expiration dates on them for a damn good reason!
    ...probably longer....
    Ban 2 1/2 's !!!!!!

Amateur Gynecologist
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

...probably longer....
    That's not good. I've got a strange phobia of eating expired food, and that may be a good thing.
    DRSE Reconnaissance

"King of Cheat Meals"

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by vortrit View Post
    That's not good. I've got a strange phobia of eating expired food, and that may be a good thing.
    Yea normally I do but with dry goods I tend to get slack. It won't happen again. Just bought some more oats tonight.
    Ban 2 1/2 's !!!!!!

Amateur Gynecologist
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Yea normally I do but with dry goods I tend to get slack. It won't happen again. Just bought some more oats tonight.
    Good thing. I always liked oat bran in my shakes instead of oats anyway because it's more fine and easier to mix.
    DRSE Reconnaissance