• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Lifting while sore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vale Tudo

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
If I am sore at all in a certain body part, say my Tris for example, and my tri day comes up and I am still a little sore should I train them or give them another day to rest. I never know which i should do, i dont want to overtrain them, but sometime parts are still sore when their training day comes up. Which would be the most benificial for stregnth and size gains? To wait or train?
Thanks

I would let them rest.
A little light work would be ok to get blood running through them, it can help them to recover but you should let them heal back up before breaking them down again.

Yeah if you feel the need to hit them do it light light light.

You should not still be sore in a bodypart when its time to train it again. There may be something wrong with your training split or your ability to recover properly. What is your program right now?

Oooo good question.

You must now answer to Master Trainer Gopro!:p :D

Yeah, what Gopro said!!! I fugured you must be training them more than once a week if they're still sore by the next workout. :scratch:

Originally posted by gopro
You should not still be sore in a bodypart when its time to train it again.

But don't you think a little bit of soreness is okay? I mean, I always a little bit sore, but not like the OMG sore 2-4 days after leg day :p

Depends on the methods of training you employed for your last session and the methods you plan to employ for the pending session (i.e. relating to failure training).

I believe if you're training HST style then there is a chance that a body part is still (a bit) sore when the time to work on it again comes.

- Josh

Well I am using this split.
Mon: Chest/delts/calves
T: Back/Abs
W:Off(maybe abs, and light cardio)
Th: Quads/Hams/calves
Fri: Bis/Tris/Abs
S:eek:ff
My problem is that My tris are sometimes a little sore when my Chest day comes around. and since I am using them to some extent, I was just wondering if it is okay or not.
Any suggestions would be great.

Originally posted by Vale Tudo
Well I am using this split.
Mon: Chest/delts/calves
T: Back/Abs
W:Off(maybe abs, and light cardio)
Th: Quads/Hams/calves
Fri: Bis/Tris/Abs
My problem is that My tris are sometimes a little sore when my Chest day comes around. and since I am using them to some extent, I was just wondering if it is okay or not.
Any suggestions would be great.

If you want to stick to this type of program you may wish to switch Back to mon and Chest to tues. The biceps recover more quickly than the triceps.

Is it alright to train cardio while my legs are sore from my leg workouts?

active recovery principles can be used when lifting sore. but you MUST use less weight (like around 60-70%) than the previous training session for that body part.

Originally posted by miamiguns
Is it alright to train cardio while my legs are sore from my leg workouts?

You know your legs will be less sore after cardio because they will be warmed up! And after cardio is a perfect time to stretch those sore muscles!

Originally posted by twelvepercentt
Oh, and I would never do any cardio if I waited until my legs weren't sore! :p

Thanks 12%,

I usually do cardio when I'm still sore but I wanted to make sure.

I've been getting injured alot lately, first my right shoulder and then my upper hamstring. As I approach the big 40:( I've been prone to injury:cry: .

The fast and furious days are over for me.

Cardio while sore is ok if it is not very high intensity cardio. Light biking or treadmill walking for example, will help your legs to recover, but high incline treadmill walking or sprints would hinder recovery. We all need to find a balance based on our goals.

Cardio while sore is ok if it is not very high intensity cardio. Light biking or treadmill walking for example, will help your legs to recover, but high incline treadmill walking or sprints would hinder recovery. We all need to find a balance based on our goals.

I find the higher the intensity the faster I recover, especially in regards to legs, work the hell out of my legs and two days later when maximum soreness has kicked In Im on the tread or stat. bike after 10-15 mins of sheer agony i can up the intensity for the last half hour, could it also be said that we need to find a balance based on muscle group recovery according to the specific individual? :D

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by BjUaFyF

I find the higher the intensity the faster I recover, especially in regards to legs, work the hell out of my legs and two days later when maximum soreness has kicked In Im on the tread or stat. bike after 10-15 mins of sheer agony i can up the intensity for the last half hour, could it also be said that we need to find a balance based on muscle group recovery according to the specific individual? :D

While that type of activity can help alleviate soreness it does HINDER the recovery that is necessary for muscular growth to take place.

i guess im the exception :D:)

i guess im the exception :D:)

Hey, there are exceptions to EVERY rule ;)

Hey, there are exceptions to EVERY rule ;)

lol, yes this is true, I dunno it's more of a feeling than anything I could very well be hindering some recovery, but I have always found my legs to be my strongest, fastest recovering, easieast to gain on and shred muscle group, but like I say, for me it's just that feeling of driving the soreness away...........:D:D

lol, yes this is true, I dunno it's more of a feeling than anything I could very well be hindering some recovery, but I have always found my legs to be my strongest, fastest recovering, easieast to gain on and shred muscle group, but like I say, for me it's just that feeling of driving the soreness away...........:D:D

If your legs are a genetically superior bodypart than the "rules" of recovery may not apply to you for this particular area. The only thing I can say is that your legs MAY be even better if you let them recover more, but the only way you'd know is to see for yourself. Either way...bless you for having such good recovery ability in your legs! :)

and believe me when I say thats the only group in which I have good recovery, I think I'll leave em alone for awhile and see what happens ?? can't really say to much until I have compared :D

and believe me when I say thats the only group in which I have good recovery, I think I'll leave em alone for awhile and see what happens ?? can't really say to much until I have compared :D

I'll be interested to see what conclusion you come to! Keep me posted!

NP gopro, legs tommorow :D:)

Figures!

Anaerobic work such as sprints or even weight training with moderate weights and short rest intervals will not hinder recovery and may in fact improve it, as Bj is seeing.

It utilizes lactate metabolism yes (which is a good thing), but does not effect the structure of the muscle fiber itself (which is also a good thing).

There's no reason that form of work done without over-taxing the muscle group would hinder recovery. Bj isn't the only one that's noticed that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back