• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!
    Thanks! 💪

Stimulant Induced Hair Loss

r_albans

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I know there have been other threads on this topic but I have not found any which address effective solutions to this problem. Also if you are wondering how I know for sure that this is what is causing the hair loss it is because I have stopped taking the medication on several occasions for a couple of months at a time during breaks in college. My hair loss totally stops within a week and is growing back considerably within two... and starts shedding again within a week of starting back up. I am now a 23 year old male who is otherwise healthy.

I have tried switching medications because of this and some cause more shedding than adderall such as concerta and vyvanse. I notice about half as much hair loss on dexedrine but it does not make me concentrate as much as adderall. On other threads I saw one possible reason for the hair loss given was diet being affected. I have been able to gain weight and muscle since starting my meds and keep track of calorie intake so i know its not this.

My doctor suggested zinc and selenium because it helps with some other med inuced hair loss and this did not work. I saw another doctor for other reasons and brought this up to him and he said it was common and is similar to the reason people with thyroid issues lose hair. He also suggested trying propecia if I could not stop the meds. But I believe this would only work if it is hormonal problem perhaps it also helps with length of hair cycles or something... will do some research If anyone has found an effective solution to this problem I would greatly appreciate some feedback as this has been causing me a great deal of stress for some time now. Thanks in advance.

You wrote this back in 2011 so idk if you'll get this but your situation is exactly as mine but I'm a 45 yr old female (I know...). I've been dealing w/ this for 11 yrs, it was only 2 yrs ago my dr finally saw the hair loss that everyone thought was "in my head" and switched my Adderall to VyVance and my hair rapidly grew back in. But then I made the mistake of upping my dose to 50 mg and almost overnight my hair started falling out again. I've lowered my dose to 20-30 mg and have noticed some reduction in hair loss but not much. Did you ever find anything that helped besides discontinuing the stimulant altogether? I tried that and I'm gaining a lot of weight. I'm worried it's coming down to Fat or Bald. Anything you've learned, please let me know and thanks.

Back