TENS unit. (EMS Electric Shock) for abdominal fat burning.

Rep Points

TENS unit. (EMS Electric Shock) for abdominal fat burning.

I would just like to report to anyone looking to use this soley for the purpose of burning fat, NOT gaining muscle, or gaining strength, it works.

I have been out of the gym for the past 3 days with a pinched nerve in my right shoulder. I have not had the luxury of doing my core work, but I did have this TENS unit laying around, and decided to give it a try.

Over the course of the past 3 days I have used if for an average of 3 hours a day, fully cranked. One hour on the lower abs, one hour on the upper abs, one hour on the lovehandles.

I am noticeably more tight everywhere in my midsection in just 3 days.

Keep in mind, I have been on 10iu's of HGH per day in those areas, along with 200mg of Test E/week.

Thanks guys, just wanted to share my experience.

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Thanks for posting. Those machines still don't work, though, sadly.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

HI-Tech Redneck

Rep Points

my g/f has one of those units for a back problem. i had the same idea and tried it on my abs.

1 - it doesn't do shit
    2 - NO way you had it cranked all the way up. that shit hurts.

Rep Points

yeh i have a friend who attached the TENS unit to his male organ and had to go to the ER. boy was that scary. other than that i dont believe this machine works.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by pask3r View Post
    I would just like to report to anyone looking to use this soley for the purpose of burning fat, NOT gaining muscle, or gaining strength, it works.

I have been out of the gym for the past 3 days with a pinched nerve in my right shoulder. I have not had the luxury of doing my core work, but I did have this TENS unit laying around, and decided to give it a try.

Over the course of the past 3 days I have used if for an average of 3 hours a day, fully cranked. One hour on the lower abs, one hour on the upper abs, one hour on the lovehandles.

I am noticeably more tight everywhere in my midsection in just 3 days.

Keep in mind, I have been on 10iu's of HGH per day in those areas, along with 200mg of Test E/week.

Thanks guys, just wanted to share my experience.
    EMS has no effect on lipolysis. and there are no upper or lower abdominals
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

"King of Cheat Meals"

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    hahaha...what's wrong with people?

And even if it did work, why would you want something "hooked up"to your abs for 3 hours a day. lmfao....

Oh yea...and by the way I was also taking HGH and test.... well I would buy that you might have had some hypertrophy or change in composition. But if you did it wasn't from the tens
    Ban 2 1/2 's !!!!!!
    --------------------------------------------
    Some Oooold Pics. All Natural. More to come soon...Still all natural

Regular user

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gazhole View Post
    Thanks for posting. Those machines still don't work, though, sadly.
    what he said

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by klc9100 View Post
    my g/f has one of those units for a back problem. i had the same idea and tried it on my abs.

1 - it doesn't do shit
    2 - NO way you had it cranked all the way up. that shit hurts.
    I swear bro! Haha.

You have to get used to it. It took me about 30mins to crank it up to full blast. Then it just burns/gets numb and rocks your whole body around. It's nuts.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by jlacap View Post
    yeh i have a friend who attached the TENS unit to his male organ and had to go to the ER. boy was that scary. other than that i dont believe this machine works.
    Dude.. dude.. dude..

That's totally not cool. But really f**kin' funny.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    What is lipolysis sir? That is over my head.

I put two on portion of abs, then upper portion of abs, I don't know how else to describe.

Use Google!!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Sorry bro but that machine doesnt work for tightening muscles it actually only works to stimulate and relax the muscle group its applied to unless you do have it cranked up all the way then your muscles are jumping all over the place

No Rest for the Wicked
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I put a shock collar on my taint at a party a few years ago. Im positive that im the only one that didnt enjoy it and no, it did not tone my taint. I dont think anyway.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by pask3r View Post
    What is lipolysis sir? That is over my head.

I put two on portion of abs, then upper portion of abs, I don't know how else to describe.
    lipolysis is the biological process where fatty acids are broken down into the various components. fat cells are called lipocytes and muscle cells are myocytes, the 2 are completely different cell structures, think of the muscle cell as the engine and the fat cell as the gas tank.

the rectus abdominis (RA) is a single paired muscle that runs vertically on the anterior wall of the abdomen. the two pairs are separated by connective tissue. sometimes the two pairs are not perfectly lined up and one side will be higher/lower than the other. this is very common most don't know because they have too much body fat to every see the entire RA in detail. in bodybuilders with low body fat you see it all the time.

muscles either contract as a whole or they do not contract and because of this it is physiologically impossible to target part of a muscle. to effectively exercise any muscle you must operate/exercise that muscle over it's entire range of motion.

Rectus Abdominis
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

The only benefit of these machines that i've read in research papers is that they can increase the strength of the rectus abdominis when contracting. Unfortunately you don't really want that if you want to keep a healthy lower back.

Have never seen any significant localized fat reduction. They just don't work, because the idea behind them is based off a flawed premise.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

Whatever happened to dieting and doing cardio? In just saying stick to things that are proven to work now weird gizmos just my 2 cents.

Rep Points

Talking It does work

Everyone on her saying it doesn't work are all opinions and not of those who have used it. Did you guys know that Bruce Lee used tens units every day to tone his mucscle. You will be hard pressed to ever find anyone as cut as he was without juice. I use one for my back pain, and after reading about Bruce Lee in an autobiography decided to use on my abs. After a week of using it, my abs were noticably trim. I don't have an explanation for it other than it did work.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBLUECHEVELLE View Post
    Whatever happened to dieting and doing cardio? In just saying stick to things that are proven to work now weird gizmos just my 2 cents.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Bruce lee used the tens to develop power and speed in his punches, and when he did use it for other purposes like muscle building it was in conjunction with body weight exercises. He basically forced his muscles against the tens unit.

Oh and by the way, he did use dumbbells and barbells in other words he lifted weights.
    Come on over we love to have you: www.anabolicsteroidforums.com

Anabolic Whore
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by willbrown View Post
    Everyone on her saying it doesn't work are all opinions and not of those who have used it. Did you guys know that Bruce Lee used tens units every day to tone his mucscle. You will be hard pressed to ever find anyone as cut as he was without juice. I use one for my back pain, and after reading about Bruce Lee in an autobiography decided to use on my abs. After a week of using it, my abs were noticably trim. I don't have an explanation for it other than it did work.
    How the fuck do you trolls find this shit? Negged.
    Disclaimer: All information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. Everything posted is for entertainment purposes only. ANIMALHOUSE is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way use, encourage, nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBLUECHEVELLE View Post
    I have to agree. It's been proven time and time again. I'm afraid the only way you're going to lose ab fat from electric shock is if you get hit in the stomach with a lightning bolt during a thunderstorm or belly up to a 440 control panel.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo View Post
    Bruce lee used the tens to develop power and speed in his punches, and when he did use it for other purposes like muscle building it was in conjunction with body weight exercises. He basically forced his muscles against the tens unit.

Oh and by the way, he did use dumbbells and barbells in other words he lifted weights.
    He was obviously very meticulous with his nutrition also.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by willbrown View Post
    If you noticed difference using a tens unit on your abs, that's great news for you. Congrats.

In my experience, my tens unit didn't work for abs but it has been wonderful for helping to rehab muscle strains, pulls and injuries.

Shock and Awe
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

My tens unit has been a god send since my back surgery.....but that's the only place I would use it

"Go hard or go home"

Rep Points

Well do you really prefer this kind of fat burning?You need to know the best technique exercises on how to loose you tummy
    fat i found one on How to get six pack abs quick .Hope this will help you much rather than your ems electric shock