Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Eating right while deployed??

Rep Points

Eating right while deployed??

I asked for advise on takeing a cycle and was told I needed to get my diet in check 1st. I am in Northern Iraq,we get 3 square meals a day at the d-fac and the PX has tuna,beef jerky,trail mix ,etc., allot of supplements too. I'm 42yrs old,6'3", 290lbs . I lift 2on,1off constantly. I try to do cardio on the 1off or when I can but allot of times the Hodgi's here have other ideas and we have to go stop them..
    I think lifting is the most important part(to me) so I always put on my Head Banging music and love to lift no matter what but cardio falls 2nd..
    Diet: 07:00 =meal supplement shake,multi vitamin,calcium
    MT cryotest, Amino Fuel
    09/10:00= trail mix, beef/chicken jerkey,water/diet soda
    12:00 = 2chicken breast, refried beans ,allot of basic salad,a
    little sour cream & salsa
    what ever vegi they have and 2x diet cokes
    14:00= MT leukic ,Lift 1.5/2hrs , MT creakic ,whey protein

shake
    15:00= Jerkey again,trailmix,water/diet soda

18:00= usually same as lunch or some thing comparable?
    20:00= snack on who's ever care package I can find that
    got left un attended!!hahaha..
    The Cycle that was recomended to me was Clen,T3,Anavar & Winni.
    I already have the gear just don't know how to regulate takeing them with eating right. I love being a freak I would just like to be a well defined freak once in my life!!
    Thanks for the advise....Rock of the Marne

P.S. sorry about the bad spelling

Rep Points

So when do you work out? Can you eat as much as you want at the d-fac? I'm a firm believer in intermittent fasting and you have everything you need to do it from what I see. So if you can suffer a few days we can try that out and see how it works for you. Your body will take some time to adjust but I swear by it now.

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

IF is indeed an excellent options. I'm doing that now with three meals daily, all eaten within a 10 hour window and it's very comfortable for dieting - MUCH better than the old frequent small meals thing. Look up Martin Berkhan's leangains site.
    Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started.

Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...
    (Now you can find out why... in Hebrew!)

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

Ya,we can eat as much as we want but the trick is getting there 5-6x a day. Between rollin out on mission ,and lifting ,and going to the d-fac, some times you have to choose. That's why I take supplements and shakes to make up for the missed meals. Don't get me wrong,it is made sure we always have SOMETHING to eat. The MRE's we have are diffinetly made for people that are not trying to cut down. They are high in protein ,carbs & fat but if you only eat 1 a day cause your out side the wire or something , your good to go.
    I have always been taught to eat alot of small meals as apose to 3 square if your trying to cut down. But if your saying 3 a day will do the job, sure I'm willing to try anything.. Should I still keep up my prorein shakes too and do you think I'm good to go on the supplements I mentioned?
    Thanks for your help & advise!!!
    The internet is to slow here to down load spell check so, sorry about the spelling......

Rep Points

Real food will always be superior to shakes. Shakes however are great for dieting and being lazy (I'm super lazy :P). The multiple meals a day theory has been shot and killed but it is still haunting nutritional theory from beyond the grave. It is ultimately a matter of what you are more comfortable with. Multiple small meals or two-three large meals. This is the general breakdown of how intermittent fasting works:

•You fast for 12-14 hours. I usually fast from 8PM-12 (14 hours) then eat from 12-8.

•On days that you work out you should focus on carbs and fats and eat as much as you want (This doesn't mean go crazy, keep it within some sensible limits). You still need to be downing 1-1.5g/lb body weight of protein on these days.

•On days that you do not workout (Cardio days or not) you go keto or low carb. So focus on mostly proteins on these days. Generally this shakes out to 2g/lb body weight on low carb days.

•For added fat burning effect you can add in ephedrine, caffeine, yohimbe, ect.. while you are fasting and you can increase the fasting window on low carb days.

Give this a shot I know it sounds odd but you will find yourself much more focused during the fasting periods and find that over time your body will respond much better to training. This has been my experience and the experience of those I have convinced to try it. Since you are out there risking your life maybe low carb days aren't the perfect idea for you unless they are directly in between high carb days. i.e. H/L/H/L/H. Two low carb days back to back will make you mentally sluggish and this would be a bad idea.

Rep Points

Hell ya I'll try it.. That's really not fasting to me,I do that allot any way with out knowing(work and all). I thought(shit here it comes!) when you said fasting,talk about dodging a bullet!! Will do,to easy! I'll let you know how it's going in a few weeks. If ya want to see what I'm working with there's a pict of me on my profile at FOB Worrier,Northern Iraq. If ya hit me up on face book too there's a crap load of picts of where I've been over here stuff I've done..
    Any ways,thanks so much for the input!

GMO sent me some points for"Protecting Our Freedom". I tried to send him a thank you message but it said I didn't have enough posts yet?? I'm still figuring out this web site ,points,and how every thing else works..so if ya read this ... Thanks Man!!

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Life View Post
    Real food will always be superior to shakes. Shakes however are great for dieting and being lazy
    post workout protein shakes and/or AAs are superior to whole food sources due to the rate of digestion and the time it actually takes nutrients to reach the portal bloodstream.
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    post workout protein shakes and/or AAs are superior to whole food sources due to the rate of digestion and the time it actually takes nutrients to reach the portal bloodstream.
    Yeah I thought I put that caveat in there. Guess I didn't.