25% Off Black Friday Sale

Uneven muscle growth.

Rep Points

Uneven muscle growth.

My one pectoral muscle seems to be growing faster than the other, any idea what might cause this? How can I remedy this problem, should I try not working out the larger one, it's the stronger side thats smaller and it doesn't seem right to just work out the stronger smalller muscle?

Regular user

Rep Points

No if you dont work out the bigger muscle that also happens to be weaker it will become even more weaker than the other one. that would cause imbalance in strength which is worse than imbalance in size. i would tell you to focus on dumbells rather than barbell for the simple reason that with barbell the stronger muscle can compensate for the weaker. not telling you to ignore barbell by no means though.

my right pec is smaller than my left and the theory ive heard for this is that since my right side is dominant the muscles on that side are used to way more stimuli than the weaker side and therefor it takes it longer to respond to lyfting. dont know how true this is though. it took me a year of weights for it to even start catching up.

Rep Points

The theory makes sense to me. My weaker side is larger in general. The more you train and the larger you get the differences become less noticeable

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

I wish this was all i had to worry about in my training.

Don't sweat this sort of stuff, the only person who is ever really going to notice and/or care is you. Keep getting bigger and stronger and eventually you won't either.

My left arm has always been 1/2 inch smaller, my right lat doesn't insert the same way my left does so it looks a degree or two off centre, and my traps are slightly different shapes.

Don't worry about it. Nature isn't symmetrical. If you want a real mindfuck take a picture of your face straight on, and cut it into two halves in photoshop. Make two faces by mirroring each half so you have one face made of two right halves, and another face made out of two left halves. You'll shit bricks and just how different each side of your supposedly symmetrical face is.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

they will prob be slight different VIA Less toned slightly smaller, But if your like 5 reps weaker with your other side i can give you some info that would help