Has anyone been to Houston?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Registered User
    david's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    SOUTH FLORIDA
    Posts
    26,316

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    78930113


    Has anyone been to Houston?

    I'm thinking about a day trip or overnight trip this weekend. I'm more thinking of sight seeing and a good restaurant. No night clubs because I may not stay over or have time for it!!

    Any help would be great!! Thanks!!

  2. #2
    No Rest for the Wicked
    Work IN Progress's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,683

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    395778022


    Houston Texas?
    Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift this heavy ass weight. R.C.

  3. #3
    Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER
    maniclion's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Mēns Incognita
    Age
    39
    Posts
    27,178

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    1048643182


    I lived there for 10 years....stay away from Montrose thats the Min0 Lee side of town...
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

  4. #4
    Registered User
    david's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    SOUTH FLORIDA
    Posts
    26,316

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    78930113


    Yes, Houston, TX and Maniclion.... noted!!! LMAO!

  5. #5
    Registered User
    persianprince23's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    houston
    Posts
    660

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    47344273

    yea no montrose for sure i live in houston now galleria or uptown area is the best depending on what kind of food u r interested in, variety of ethnicity here so loys to choose from what part have u been thinkin about going to ?

  6. #6
    Registered User
    david's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    SOUTH FLORIDA
    Posts
    26,316

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    78930113


    Quote Originally Posted by persianprince23 View Post
    yea no montrose for sure i live in houston now galleria or uptown area is the best depending on what kind of food u r interested in, variety of ethnicity here so loys to choose from what part have u been thinkin about going to ?
    Ideally, I would love a mall closest to the IAH that might also have a decent restaurant! I would love a steak (not from a Chain restaurant such as Ruth Chris) and I hear Mexican food is a staple to Houston's culture! Any suggestions from that would be great!! Thanks, Persianprince for your response!!!

  7. #7
    Registered User
    persianprince23's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    houston
    Posts
    660

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    47344273

    Houston best top restaurants guide, reviews, links. Fine dining in Houston, Texas

    Houston Attractions: Tourist & Visitor Attractions in Houston, Texas

    heres a few things to look at with reviews that may help you if you do decide to go to a mall i would suggest galleria which is not for from bush airport as well as woodlands mall thats the north suburb of houston i myself am persian so i can recommend good persian food or middle eastern food, and yes there r plenty of mexican restaurants all over with texmex food la finca, lupe tortilla, and lopez to name a few

  8. #8
    Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER
    maniclion's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Mēns Incognita
    Age
    39
    Posts
    27,178

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    1048643182


    Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Ideally, I would love a mall closest to the IAH that might also have a decent restaurant! I would love a steak (not from a Chain restaurant such as Ruth Chris) and I hear Mexican food is a staple to Houston's culture! Any suggestions from that would be great!! Thanks, Persianprince for your response!!!
    You wanna research Tex-Mex joints where you can get a steak that hangs off 2 platters and Mexican food....
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

  9. #9
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    147

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    7092474

    try Cafe Adobe its a pretty good restraunt

  10. #10
    Registered User
    david's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    SOUTH FLORIDA
    Posts
    26,316

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    78930113


    Quote Originally Posted by persianprince23 View Post
    Houston best top restaurants guide, reviews, links. Fine dining in Houston, Texas

    Houston Attractions: Tourist & Visitor Attractions in Houston, Texas

    heres a few things to look at with reviews that may help you if you do decide to go to a mall i would suggest galleria which is not for from bush airport as well as woodlands mall thats the north suburb of houston i myself am persian so i can recommend good persian food or middle eastern food, and yes there r plenty of mexican restaurants all over with texmex food la finca, lupe tortilla, and lopez to name a few
    Thanks for the links! I will check it out! I hear the weather isn't going to be so wonderful but, that's OK, I live in SFLA!! It will be a nice change!

  11. #11
    Registered User
    david's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    SOUTH FLORIDA
    Posts
    26,316

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    78930113


    Quote Originally Posted by maniclion View Post
    You wanna research Tex-Mex joints where you can get a steak that hangs off 2 platters and Mexican food....
    I don't know if I can eat that much and you know those airports won't let you bring food through the gate!! LOL!!

  12. #12
    Registered User
    david's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    SOUTH FLORIDA
    Posts
    26,316

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    78930113


    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac6969 View Post
    try Cafe Adobe its a pretty good restraunt
    Considered!

  13. #13
    Amateur Gynecologist
    ELITE MEMBER
    vortrit's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Show Me State
    Posts
    11,181

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    959120246


    I've only been through there. I have family in Corpus Christi.
    DRSE Reconnaissance


  14. #14
    Registered User
    oufinny's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,158

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    436235045


    Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Considered!
    Go up to the Woodlands if you are going to be at IAH. There or you could try Kingwood, both are equidistant from the airport and have great restaurants. I don't live up there but I do live in Houston and know you can't go wrong in either place. Here is the catch, you could drive to downtown from the airport in the same time it would take to go to either place. Pappa's Steakhouse is pretty much as local as you can get and one of the top 3 in Houston. Take a look at that. PM me if you have any more questions.
    AY Fan Club President.

    "Damn, sometimes I think you guys make being stupid seem like a skill set." - Troubador

  15. #15
    Registered User
    david's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    SOUTH FLORIDA
    Posts
    26,316

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    78930113


    Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    Go up to the Woodlands if you are going to be at IAH. There or you could try Kingwood, both are equidistant from the airport and have great restaurants. I don't live up there but I do live in Houston and know you can't go wrong in either place. Here is the catch, you could drive to downtown from the airport in the same time it would take to go to either place. Pappa's Steakhouse is pretty much as local as you can get and one of the top 3 in Houston. Take a look at that. PM me if you have any more questions.
    Funny you said that. I was just looking at that area. The qestion is, the mall is where in relation to what you were describing. Even if it's a Walmart!!

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone been to the Houston eye center?
    By monixdenix in forum General Health & Awareness
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 09:27 PM
  2. My Houston Astros!!!
    By AnnaDTX in forum Sports
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-25-2005, 06:51 AM
  3. Anyone else have family in Houston? Tx
    By myCATpowerlifts in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-24-2005, 09:50 AM
  4. Howdy From Houston!!!
    By GhostRider in forum New Members
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-25-2003, 08:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2001-2017 IronMag® Bodybuilding Forums