Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

protein breakdown? or what

Rep Points

protein breakdown? or what

so isnt it true your body can only break down 30 - 40 grams of protein at a time..................... than why do i see people posting up one of there meals being breakfast for example eating 8 egg whites which has 40 grams of protein in it right there plus a protein shake, wouldnt the protein shake be useless and a waste of protein powder, can someone explain this

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

It's not true. I ate a can of tuna, 200g of cottage cheese and a protein shake for breakfast. 100g of protein.
    Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started.

Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...
    (Now you can find out why... in Hebrew!)

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Pulsated Pec View Post
    so isnt it true your body can only break down 30 - 40 grams of protein at a time..................... than why do i see people posting up one of there meals being breakfast for example eating 8 egg whites which has 40 grams of protein in it right there plus a protein shake, wouldnt the protein shake be useless and a waste of protein powder, can someone explain this
    shit bro i dont know where you get eggwhites with 5 grams of protein. Unless you are eating ostrich eggs. Large Eggwhites have about 3.6 grams of protein, that's if you get it raw and you don't miss any of it. Assuming some of it gets lost while cooking I would say 3 grams or less. Therefore 8 eggs would only have 24 grams of protein. I can see how taking a protein sake with 22grams of protein would add to 46grams. If youre on gear I would assume your body would be absorbing on the upper end of the scale and I rather get close to the max. 46 is good enough and you might benefit from the extra calories too. That's if you're bulking. I like to keep my meals with about 40 grams of protein each. I rather waste some protein and use it as energy than not eat enough than my max capacity. In which I would be wasting opportunity to grow. I would say don't overkill it with anything over 60 grams of protein but 40-50 is alright.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Built View Post
    It's not true. I ate a can of tuna, 200g of cottage cheese and a protein shake for breakfast. 100g of protein.
    After all excess protein is still used in the body for energy. Even if you don't break down the amino acids its still fuel for your body that you may need.

Rep Points

ok that is good stronger4ever