• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Bench Pressing

gettinstarted18

Vin Deisel is Great
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
How much are you bench pressing? I've only just started, (well a few months ago) and i wanted 2 know how i was doing. My 1 rep max is now 180lbs how am i doing?

At the moment I am benching 295 pounds in my fourth and final set , 6 reps.

The general rule i have been told is - if you can bench press your body weight for 3x10 reps then your doing very well !

Originally posted by peetrips

:eek: Thats fuqin good Scotty !~! :thumb:

Thanks, I switch to DB a while back cause the BB was hurting my sholders.

Originally posted by Scotty the Body
110's DB for 4 reps, last set.

I have to second pee trips comment, very impressive scotty :D

IML Gear Cream!
you get past the shoulder pain.
i do
225x12 warmup
315x9-10
275-12
315-8-9
275-10
315-7-8
275-8
etc. you get the picutre. i do this on mondays until i cant do any more all the way down to 0 reps

Isn't that way too many sets? :scratch:

I am probably one of only a few who are regularly below 6 sets (for flat benching) but I see he keeps on going, to me that would be way too many sets. Thats a nice 410 max or so though.

gettinstarted18 said:
How much are you bench pressing? I've only just started, (well a few months ago) and i wanted 2 know how i was doing. My 1 rep max is now 180lbs how am i doing?

As long as you keep progressing you are doing great!! Don't compare yourself to others...only yourself.

hey gopro, why dont you have any pics in your gallery? your looking huge on the avatar.

GIZmo_Timme said:
hey gopro, why dont you have any pics in your gallery? your looking huge on the avatar.

I don't have any recent pics. I rarely ever take pics unless I am getting ready for a competition.

Trap-isaurus said:
I have to second pee trips comment, very impressive scotty :D
My first post. But I am using 130lb. DB for 8 reps.

im 6'3 250lbs and bench 450 but some days im very inconsistant and i cant lift anything due to left shoulder pain. You would think i would be pain free because my girlfriend has a doctrait of physical therepy. Very weird! Oh and having long ass arms for bench press sucks i want a 5'7" guys arms on my body id be able to do a ton more:rocker:

Back