IronMagLabs

Resveratrol supplementation improves vasodialation in overweight/obese

DRSE - The Connoisseur
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Resveratrol supplementation improves vasodialation in overweight/obese

Acute resveratrol supplementation improves flow-me... [Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2010] - PubMed result

Acute resveratrol supplementation improves flow-mediated dilatation in overweight/obese individuals with mildly elevated blood pressure.

Wong RH, Howe PR, Buckley JD, Coates AM, Kunz I, Berry NM.

Nutritional Physiology Research Centre, University of South Australia, GPO Box 2471, Adelaide, South Australia 5001, Australia.
    Abstract

BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Flow-mediated dilatation of the brachial artery (FMD) is a biomarker of endothelial function and cardiovascular health. Impaired FMD is associated with several cardiovascular risk factors including hypertension and obesity. Various food ingredients such as polyphenols have been shown to improve FMD. We investigated whether consuming resveratrol, a polyphenol found in red wine, can enhance FMD acutely and whether there is a dose-response relationship for this effect.

METHODS AND RESULTS: 19 overweight/obese (BMI 25-35 kg m(-2)) men or post-menopausal women with untreated borderline hypertension (systolic BP: 130-160 mmHg or diastolic BP: 85-100 mmHg) consumed three doses of resveratrol (resVida 30, 90 and 270 mg) and a placebo at weekly intervals in a double-blind, randomized crossover comparison. One hour after consumption of the supplement, plasma resveratrol and FMD were measured. Data were analyzed by linear regression versus log(10) dose of resveratrol. 14 men and 5 women (age 55 +/- 2 years, BMI 28.7 +/- 0.5 kg m(-2), BP 141 +/- 2/89 +/- 1 mmHg) completed this study. There was a significant dose effect of resveratrol on plasma resveratrol concentration (P < 0.001) and on FMD (P < 0.01), which increased from 4.1 +/- 0.8% (placebo) to 7.7 +/- 1.5% after 270 mg resveratrol. FMD was also linearly related to log(10) plasma resveratrol concentration (P < 0.01).

CONCLUSION: Acute resveratrol consumption increased plasma resveratrol concentrations and FMD in a dose-related manner. This effect may contribute to the purported cardiovascular health benefits of grapes and red wine.
    Copyright © 2010 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
    -I know your words, just not together.

Primordial Performance
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Longer and harder erections
    PM me for Discounts! Send us a customer, and get $25 off your next purchase.
    Email referrals@primordialperformance.com

The Female Terminator

Rep Points

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Impaired FMD is associated with several cardiovascular risk factors including hypertension and obesity. Various food ingredients such as polyphenols have been shown to improve FMD. We investigated whether consuming resveratrol, a polyphenol found in red wine, can enhance FMD acutely and whether there is a dose-response relationship for this effect.
    If it's also helping the heart, I can't see people forgoing such a helpful product.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

This does not down regulate your own test production and it is all natural. So in theory, could one run this year round with no unwanted side effects?? ( I dont recomend running almost anything year round though ). But as for a general health supplement goes, this is very attractive. Im already using Toco 8 nearly year round for general health purposes.

I usually take a month off of everything 2 times a year btw.

Rep Points

I take 600mg trans-resveratrol a day, haven't noticed anything different (then again, I'm not obese either).

Nice study.

Primordial Performance
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Good Grip View Post
    This does not down regulate your own test production and it is all natural. So in theory, could one run this year round with no unwanted side effects?? ( I dont recomend running almost anything year round though ). But as for a general health supplement goes, this is very attractive. Im already using Toco 8 nearly year round for general health purposes.

I usually take a month off of everything 2 times a year btw.
    Yes, you could I would recommend 12 weeks on followed by a 2-4 weeks break.
    PM me for Discounts! Send us a customer, and get $25 off your next purchase.
    Email referrals@primordialperformance.com

AbaXen Pharmaceuticals
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

I would think ANYTHING would improve vasodilation in the obese.

Hell, walking would probably help too.

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/threads/200295-SFW-s-AbaXen-Journal-A-Summer-Blast
    $100 MINIMUM ORDER. FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $150! DISCOUNT CODE = freeship15
    ORDERS OVER $250 AUTOMATICALLY ENTERED TO WIN $250 IN FREE PRODUCTS!
    ANY ORDER CONTAINING 1 BOTTLE OF A BLEND GETS FREE SHIPPING!

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastico View Post
    I would think ANYTHING would improve vasodilation in the obese.

Hell, walking would probably help too.
    True I was wondering what the implications would be in healthy people. I hate these studies done on unhealthy people. I want healthy people studies... damn it!

I still think it shows resveratrol to atleast be active in certain parts of the body.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlackGuy View Post
    True I was wondering what the implications would be in healthy people. I hate these studies done on unhealthy people. I want healthy people studies... damn it!

I still think it shows resveratrol to atleast be active in certain parts of the body.
    I agree. Id like to see healthy, trained ( minimum amount of years ), lifters in these studies.

Rep Points

Because in the pharmacy mindset, the profit is in the unheathy. That is why many of these studies go down.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Because in the pharmacy mindset, the profit is in the unheathy. That is why many of these studies go down.
    True... and there are a lot of obese people in America anyway. Over 50% of a blind study are bound to be unhealthy

DRSE - The Connoisseur
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Over 50% of a blind study are bound to be unhealthy
    Using a blanket statement like 'unhealthy' it would vary by bias.

There are studies done on trained athletes. They are just much fewer and farther between than your typical application for a particular group of subjects.
    -I know your words, just not together.