• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

WARNING for finesteride & dutasteride

I've been on it for years and have never had issues with getting a hard on.

I've been on it for years and have never had issues with getting a hard on.

I've also been on for a while (8 months) and it works but that article is scary. I'm wondering about the long term effects now.

Last edited:
The effects are going to be individual. Most people don't even report their erectile issues with these hair loss treatments. Again, if your DHT levels are high and you lower them to normal, you're golden as far as erectile function goes.

I'd take toco-8 for hair loss along with Nizoral (and I do this now, but more for hair loss prevention). Toco-8 is heart healthy and can increase testosterone along with other healthful benefits from tocotrienols. Nizoral is a mild DHT blocker and will definitely help out without causing DHT levels to drop too far.

This is a great post as I'm just about to do some shopping hair loss prevention products.

I don't have any signs yet but figure I'm best to start with prevention. :thinking:

No boner issues yet either - thank goodness!!! :)

I used finasteride since 12 years now dose is 2mg per day every morning and it works really good for hairloss...
evidence: I stopped for one and half month last summer and I could really see the difference on my hairloss, so I had to take it again and now after 5 months back on finasteride I get my hair back at the same amount I used to have just before stopping the medicine.
The only difference I can observe is that with finasteride I have very seldom the morningwood...very seldom, but for my sexual drive, beleive me there is no difference at all, I am always horny and I have very strong erections without any complement.
and regarding my ejaculations there is no difference neither.same amount

Thanks for the details guys - I'm taking notes from this thread as we go :)

I used finasteride since 12 years now dose is 2mg per day every morning and it works really good for hairloss...
evidence: I stopped for one and half month last summer and I could really see the difference on my hairloss, so I had to take it again and now after 5 months back on finasteride I get my hair back at the same amount I used to have just before stopping the medicine.
The only difference I can observe is that with finasteride I have very seldom the morningwood...very seldom, but for my sexual drive, beleive me there is no difference at all, I am always horny and I have very strong erections without any complement.
and regarding my ejaculations there is no difference neither.same amount

been on fin for about 3 weeks now. no problems. Had sex this morning when I woke up. No problem with morining wood:clapping:

Wow it looks like finistride is also very inexpensive!

I've found 1mg and 5 mg tabs - it looks like the 1 mg tabs so far would be best.

I've just turned 44 with no balding and want to keep it that way as long as possible :)

Do you guys think finistride alone is enough?

Like BBG mentions toco-8 has been well advised.

IML Gear Cream!
I've been on propecia for 13.5 years. My c@ck works great and it gets a LOT of exercise. And of course, my hair is in pretty decent shape, while the rest of the boys in my fam are totally bald. I can tell it's still slllooooowly receding, but it went from 100 - .0001mph with finast. Actually gonna see the doc about switching me over to dutastride tomorrow. See what he thinks about it...

I've been on propecia for 13.5 years. My c@ck works great and it gets a LOT of exercise. And of course, my hair is in pretty decent shape, while the rest of the boys in my fam are totally bald. I can tell it's still slllooooowly receding, but it went from 100 - .0001mph with finast. Actually gonna see the doc about switching me over to dutastride tomorrow. See what he thinks about it...

Let me know what he says brando. I just saw my doc a few weeks ago and he said propecia was the best thing out there. I would like to hear a second opinion.

UPDATE: So I went to two separate dermatologists in LA and one hair-transplant surgeon to get the skinny on this dutasteride business.

None of them would RX it to me, but not for any nefarious reasons. The following is information essentially repeated by all three doctors:

1. The phase III trials of dutasteride were halted by Glaxo because the product demonstrated no marked difference in affinity for follicular DHT receptors than that of finasteride. Meaning, it lowers type I and type II alpha-5 reductase levels, **BUT** for reasons not well understood, this had no difference in affinity to hair follicle DHT receptors from existing finasteride.

2. Being that Merck has made hundreds of billions of dollars off propecia, it would make sense that their chief rival, GlaxoSmithKline, would go to all ends to create a competing product. The fact that they ended up folding on the trial validates the results, that dutasteride does not stop follicular miniaturization better than finasteride.
(in fact, it was the opinion of all three doctors, that dutasteride worked LESS WELL than finasteride for male pattern baldness.)

3. The 3 doctors, all of whom were balding men on MPB treatment, concurred that the best, most effective and subsequently, ONLY treatment is propecia (or 1.25mg finasteride/day) combined with rogaine foam. All three likewise confirmed that there are no other shampoos, lasers or snake oil that provide any scientifically measurable results for hair loss.

*4. They mentioned a new drug that is out for growing eye-lashes. LATISSE was created for glaucoma, but scientists quickly realized it grew out eyelashes like you wouldn't believe. It's about $100/month right now for an eye-dropper sized bottle, but it is currently about to go into testing for scalp hair and represents the next side-effectless frontier of hair loss.

Hope this helps all guys who want to have hair.

Last edited:
This is a great post as I'm just about to do some shopping hair loss prevention products.

I don't have any signs yet but figure I'm best to start with prevention. :thinking:

No boner issues yet either - thank goodness!!! :)

Prevention is the best. It's very hard to restore lost hair.

Toco-8, Nizoral, low-dose finasteride, minoxidil

Would be a killed stack. So long as you don't let the DHT drop too low.

thanks for the update brando. My doc pretty much said the same thing. My friends wife is taking latisse right now for her lashes.

The effects are going to be individual. Most people don't even report their erectile issues with these hair loss treatments. Again, if your DHT levels are high and you lower them to normal, you're golden as far as erectile function goes.

I'd take toco-8 for hair loss along with Nizoral (and I do this now, but more for hair loss prevention). Toco-8 is heart healthy and can increase testosterone along with other healthful benefits from tocotrienols. Nizoral is a mild DHT blocker and will definitely help out without causing DHT levels to drop too far.
Agreed.

I have read many many experiences from people having serious HPTA issues from Finasteride use - actually there are some forums dedicated for it's side effects.

Agreed.

I have read many many experiences from people having serious HPTA issues from Finasteride use - actually there are some forums dedicated for it's side effects.

only like 1% of ppl. I have been on for 6 month's and no ED or HPTA problem's.

Back