• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

A Few Questions for those in Shows

Nightowl

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
1. Do you wear makeup for a competition? If so what type of makeup? Something like TV and Stage (Kryolan)?

2. The base tan spray is different than that of what normal spray tans are done, how or who selects your color?

3. Your suits, are they custom or do you have a place that you get your costumes designed?

4. Can we hear of what the typical day consists of with your competitions? Pre contest to that of Post contest.

5. At what point can you switch, or can you go from NPC to that of the likes of IFBB or whatever is considered that level, for women?

6. When did you begin your BBing, at what age?

7. Did family make an impact for you to start BBing?

8. If you could change something with shows, what would that be?

I am curious:nerd:

1. Do you wear makeup for a competition? If so what type of makeup? Something like TV and Stage (Kryolan)?

2. The base tan spray is different than that of what normal spray tans are done, how or who selects your color?

3. Your suits, are they custom or do you have a place that you get your costumes designed?

4. Can we hear of what the typical day consists of with your competitions? Pre contest to that of Post contest.

5. At what point can you switch, or can you go from NPC to that of the likes of IFBB or whatever is considered that level, for women?

I am curious:nerd:

1- yes stage makeup I love MAC.

2- yes it is, totally different & darker. Protan or Jantana is what I have used.

3- I've always had my custom made. There are tons of designers if you google them, easy to find that best suits your likes.

4- my days are pretty much the same precomp and offseason- except more cardio precomp

5- not sure what you are asking...you have to earn your pro card to be an IFBB pro- meaning winning overall at a pro qualifer with the NPC or CBBF (Usa/Canada) there are other federations as well.

6- age 16

7- family has always been very supportive

8- more mirrors for us gals backstage LOL

1. Do you wear makeup for a competition? If so what type of makeup? Something like TV and Stage (Kryolan)?[/FONT]
>> I aslo prefer MAC - you have to do like theater / stage makeup (or at least that level of contrast & drama) to stand out against the dark tan & under the lights. Light makeup will wash you out and bad makeup just looks bad and stands out.

>> For 'base' color I do about 3 weeks of tanning booth - I'm very fair-skinned and don't maintain a tan all year round (only when I lived in FL), but I know plenty of women who don't get any tan (w/ consideration to potential of skin cancer) and just get a couple layers of spray-on. "Competition Tan" products are Jan Tana, ProTan and a more recent one, LiquidRayz - all are good. I've used Protan when I did my own tanning but I much prefer paying the moeny for the tanning service offered at the show. Jan Tana does an amazing job - 1 base coat the night before (~ 30 min to spray & dry), sleep in long sleeves to let it dry, and then get a touch up layer before prejudge.

Just like makeup, IMO it is critically important to have a good tan job - it stands out like a sore thumb if you are too light or the coat is splotchy, and also if your coverage isn't even between face & body - then you just look two-toned and the lighter color will wash you out. It can be the difference in a placing if your color is bad. Note judges are also judging on how "prepared" you are for a show -even for newbs, if you have no idea "how" to do a show, it will show and may result in a lower placing. They expect you to be informed. If you have questions, IMO never hesitate to contact your show's promoter and ask your questions or ask to be directe to someone who can answer your questions. No question is dumb because everyone has had the same question at least once. You gotta start somewhere.

As noted, there are several custom suiit designers as well as you can buy a plain custom suit and stone it yourself if you're crafty. You can also get used suits - either by word of mouth / other competitors, some designers sell used suits, or also check DivaExchange.com or some of the other muscle boards that have a suit exchange forum. If you go w/a custom suit, do your research to get an idea of the designer's reputation - every now & then there is a shady operation - but for the most part, the ones who are out there are very good.

>>Its hard to answer in a sentence or two, but generally your day will go as:
1) get up ultra early to do your hair / makeup / tanning / prepare for the show

2) pack everything you could possibly need or that might get fucked up over the course of the day (you never know when you can leave the venue, if teh schedule changes, you need something or whatever - I make sure I'm completely self-sufficient the whole day. This includes food, spare suit, or shoes if you are using them, makeup, touch up tan (unless you're using the competition service), a towel, oil, toothpaste / toothbrush, water, etc.) and also your federation card & your entry fee already paid, you may need a birth certificate or an ID as well. (All of this info should beon your entry form).

3) Show up for Pre-judge competitors' meeting - this is for weigh-in, class assignement, check-in, instructions.

4) wait for your class to do Prejudge

5) lunch / afternoon break - great time to get a nap in , touch up your posing, your tan, makeup. Sometimes you can sneak in a photoshoot

6) Arrive back for night show

7) When its all over go sit w/ family to watch the rest or go out and enjoy (but don't gorge on food - enjoy the company and the thrill of the show experience- don't fixate on the food)

8) Next day - recover and set your mind to ease back into your regular / maintenance diet instead of diving into the food binge so you can rebound & blow up 20 lb in 5 days

>> NPC - you can enter any show you meet the qualifications for (e.g .might be state or US citizenship requirement). To compete in a national level (pro-qualifier) show, you need to compete and win or top place in a national-qualifying show. The level of show will be advertised on your entry fee. To win a pro card, you need to win a national show, within the criteria for that specific show (different ones have different pro-card winner criteria)

>> If you win a national qualifier in your category, you are qualified to compete in a national show for the remainder of the current season and the following year. After that you'd need to requalify unless you placed in top 3(or whatever it is) at a national show. Then I believe you're good for the next 1-2 yrs.

Lifting = age 15, competitin = age 35

They don't like it in general, but I've never competed when I've lived anywhere near family so they haven't been around for my shows or the gory details of the prep phase.

More consistent judging, put the bodybuilders (male & female) AHEAD of the figure & bikini competitors- timing of water manipulation is significantly more important for BBs and being the most depleted of the whole set of competitors, IMO its sick to make them wait around half a day to compete. (This is somethign that has been happening the last year or two as they've introduced Bikini into shows making the judging significantly longer than it was previously.)

I am curious:nerd:[/QUOTE]

Yes. MAC

I use Jan Tana only!!!

Passion Fruit Designe

Hard to sleep. hungry and exited!

NPC is first step to IFBB

My mom said that "I will look like a man"Lol

Thank you, for the input. I am very happy to have more of an idea of what your lives are like with these competitions.

My gosh, it is so very different with the ideas of make up and such...kinda a body building beauty pageant. :daydream: I have to attend one some day, for the face to face experience.

Thank you, for the input. I am very happy to have more of an idea of what your lives are like with these competitions.

My gosh, it is so very different with the ideas of make up and such...kinda a body building beauty pageant. :daydream: I have to attend one some day, for the face to face experience.

One part is of necessity - you're under very bright stage lights - it kinda feels like dressing up in drag for a stage show LOL! Your tan has to be dark and even whether you're male or female, but further for women, because of the ever-present "feminine" factor, of course you're going to be looking to use makeup. But because of the dark tan you need to have good contrast, because you're on stage and a bit away from the audience, you sorta need to go big & bold, but still have to have stuff that looks good under the lights.

And because you're under the lights, bad makeup really stands out.

Back