recommend me a workout

Rep Points

recommend me a workout

i need a workout where i will grow some good muscle mass. im eating everything i can, just wondering whats a good workout type, push.pull.legs or full body twice a week, just a little confused!

was thinking about giving this a go:

http://getlifting.info/?p=161
    Last edited by dteller1; 02-07-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Rep Points

read the sticky threads

Rep Points

i have, but there are more workouts than the ones mentioned in there, i have been doing a similar workout to cowpimps one, i want to try something a bit different

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Both you mentioned are fine splits, The link you posted has a good point but summed up it just says to train with very high intensity which you should do. Any program you do just work as hard as you can each set while maintaining good form and don't over train, you'll get bigger.

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

20 Rep Squats is a great program for adding mass. Just remember two key points:

1. Don't go mad on accessory work.
    2. Eat for two people.

I just put an article up on GetLifting about bulking so go take a look at it.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by dteller1 View Post
    i need a workout where i will grow some good muscle mass. im eating everything i can, just wondering whats a good workout type, push.pull.legs or full body twice a week, just a little confused!

was thinking about giving this a go:

getlifting.info ยป The 20 Rep Squat Program
    I've read that article before, but I've never tried it. I would love to see someone do it and document it in the journal section, so I change my vote to doing that.

Rep Points

The exercises you hate and fear....do them.

Rep Points

i may just give it a go, this kind of split ok?

day 1
    1 x 20 squat
    3 x bench press
    3 x military press
    3 x french press

day 2 rest

day 3
    1 x 20 squat
    3 x pull ups
    3 x bent over row
    3 x db hammer curl

day 4 rest

day 5
    1 x 20 rep squat
    3 x deadlift
    3 x hamstring curl
    3 x calf raise

day 6 rest

day 7 start from day 1

how does that look?

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I'd rest that 7th day like the program says. Log your progress too.

Rep Points

Go to your gym, find something heavy, pick it up, rinse & repeat.

GICH!

Rep Points

where is gaz when you need him to comment...

Rep Points

squats, dead lifts, bench, a lot of people don't mention but pull ups. or if you can do those easy add weighted belt

Rep Points

the routine was on gaz's website so hopefully he can post a comment if its ok

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Looks fine. By the end of the program you will have dropped all the accessory work anyway. The last two weeks i just did my squats and went home, lol.

Just make sure you're getting enough calories in, and don't sweat the accessory too much. Remember to superset the set of squats with light pullovers, too.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

would you say this is one of the most effective workouts for a natural lifter? i want all over growth and as much as possible (doesn't everyone....!)
    Last edited by dteller1; 02-09-2011 at 03:13 AM.

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by dteller1 View Post
    would you say this is one of the most effective workouts for a natural lifter? i want all over growth and as much as possible (doesn't everyone....!)
    It's been able to pack muscle on people pretty consistently for about 50 years at least, so even it's not the best its a pretty safe bet. I can't stress the eating enough though, really. If you don't eat enough not only will you not gain anything, but you'll probably quit half way through.

3-4 big meals a day, and 6 pints of milk (at least) on top of that is pretty standard. You might want to buy some lactase enzyme tablets if you're not really tolerant to that much dairy.

Don't choose a starting weight thats too heavy, either. You can always jump by adding extra weight if it's too light, but its a pisser for motivation doing it the other way around.

Its a great program that i think everybody should do once for the perspective it gives you. Very little has phased me in training since the horror of those final few 20 rep sets.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gazhole View Post
    20 Rep Squats is a great program for adding mass. Just remember two key points:

1. Don't go mad on accessory work.
    2. Eat for two people.

I just put an article up on GetLifting about bulking so go take a look at it.

Just read this article and have to say it looks a top program (challenging), cant wait to give it a go on my next bulk! Will give my pussy training partner something to realy cry about