• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Emmitt Smith

Max. Q

Capricorn
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Today, Emmitt Smith broke the late Walter Payton's NFL rushing record with 16,743 yards in the middle of his 13th career year. Walter Payton's record was 16,726.

Originally posted by davidjasondean
Emmit still plays??

LOL, yup sure does. The way he looks and performs I don't think he's even thinking about retiring, probably has at least two more seasons in him.

they still lost though that should be more important

Originally posted by Max. Q
Today, Emmitt Smith broke the late Walter Payton's NFL rushing record with 16,743 yards in the middle of his 13th career year. Walter Payton's record was 16,726.

Payton was "Sweetness". Wonder what Emmitt's is going to be?

DJ ... Dallas still :)

I've never been a huge Emmitt fan, but I do respect his talent. No doubt this is an impressive record.

I still like Barry Sanders better. :)

me neither ... although like IAB said, you have to respect his talent. I'm a huge Sweetness fan. He wasn't as big as he thought he was, but he was a back who could do it all. When he needed to turn the jets on to outrun, he could. If he needed to be shifty to dodge you, he could. If you gave him no choice but to run over you, he would.

Sweetness was the best with the stiff arm. He could knock a DB on his ass by laying a stiff arm into his chin.

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
I've never been a huge Emmitt fan, but I do respect his talent. No doubt this is an impressive record.

I still like Barry Sanders better. :)

I have a hard time calling what Emmitt has "talent". He's durable, for sure, but talented? I say he holds the record because he was running behind the greatest offensive line in history and one of the greatest full backs in history. Now if you had put a REALLY talented running back (Barry Sanders) behind that line you would have seen the first 2,500 or 3,000 yard season. My vote for the greatest RB of all time definitely goes to Barry. He's still in the top three in almost every RB record there is even though he ran behind a crappy offensive line almost his whole carreer.

Back