• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Who are you rooting for IBM's Watson or Mankind?

Who are your for?

• Mankind is da kine, yeah Brah

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • All Hail Supreme Overlord (now Watson hack into my bank and route 1 million to my account)

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

maniclion

Bohemian Extraordinaire
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
IBM has their new super-computer (Soon to be our OverLord?) Watson who can answer jeopardy like questions and is currently playing 3 days on the show right now...

YouTube Video

I think the human race will outsmart itself in the next 50 years or so, but I don't think it will be Watson that does us in.

It depends on what part of humanity we're talking about. I really doubt that it could defeat an explosive vest. :shrug:

I am rooting for Watson. I heard about this on NPR yesterday, and can't wait to see how Watson performs.

I am rooting for Watson. I heard about this on NPR yesterday, and can't wait to see how Watson performs.
I heard about it last Friday, yesterday was Round 1.

I thought it was funny that one of the Humans answered with a question "What is the 1920's" got it wrong and then Watson buzzed in and said the exact same thing. That's because the computer has no clue of whats been said already but I find it amazing to know that even our super fast minds get locked onto an answer that we make the same mistake and realize we're doing it at the same moment.

Watson is a huge machine the size of a trailer and our brains are tiny, and only what 50 years ago a computer that size could do some simple math computations and now it can break down nuances in language and try to find an answer. It took millions of years to build our brains and now our brains are synthesizing itself in maybe under 1000, if that....

It took millions of years to build our brains and now our brains are synthesizing itself in maybe under 1000, if that....

Hence my statement about outsmarting ourselves. We will create something that we shouldnt. Might have already created it. Could be the internet. :hmmm:

Fuckin Al Gore and his interweb.

Wasn't this the whole idea behind those Terminator movies ? :nail:

Mick Foley vs Watson? Lol

Holy cripes, I think the Jeopardy nerds will be tapping out any minute now.

Back