• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

advice

djones1

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
just looking for some advice on my new routine:

day 1
squat 4 x 5-7
bench 4 x 5-7
military press 4 x 5-7
french press 3 x 5-7

day 2
rest

day 3
romanian deadlift 4 x 5-7
pull up 4 sets as many as i can do
db row 4 x 5-7
db hammer 3 x 5-7

day 4
rest

day 5
repeat from day 1

day 6 rest

day 7
repeat day 2

etc

focusing on heavy weights in the 5-7 range, lots of compound movements and each muscle group trained every 4 days. natural lifter about 11 stone, 5 foot 9 with about 13% bf.

Looks alright if it was me I would replace Romanian reads with regular deadlifts and weighted pull ups instead of body weight I would get dips in their too

i will eventually replace pull ups with weighted ones but at the minute i cant do loads with just body weight when i can do 10 with good form just body weight i'll start adding weight. as for dips i cant put them on the push day my arms will be dead from the bench and mil press.

I kinda like this. I would add some dips like pete26 said. if your pull ups are in the 5-8 rep range i wouldn't worry about adding weight to them just yet but if you are doing something like 4x10 then yea add some weight.

what about squat, bench, dips, mil press and leave out the french press, dips will do more for your triceps then french press anyways

If you're lifting heavy I think you'll be over training. Unless you are just starting? db hammer 3 x 5-7 - You're referring to the hammer bicep exercise right? I think something like this might be more beneficial: Day 1 Squat 3 x 5-7 Lunges 3 x 8-10 Hack Squats 3 x 10-12 (Might take these out) Romanian deadlift 3 x 8-10 Might throw some calf in here? day 2 rest day 3 Bench 3 x 6-8 Incline Bench (Moving this first might be a better idea) 3 x 8-10 Dips 3 x 8-10 BW (Or add a few plates) French press 3 x 5-7 day 4 off day 5 Deadlift 3 x 5-6 Pull up 4 x 6-8 DB row 3 x 8-10 Lat Pulldowns (Narrow Grip [Bicep exercise at this point]) 3 x 8-10 day 6 off day 7 Military press 3 x 6-8 Arnolds s.s. w/rear laterals 3 x 8-10 Just a quick glance over that, it isn't refined.. Just think you'd be overttraing shoulders and chest doing them twice a week. Legs can generally take it. Sorry thats not spaced out FF won't do returns for some reason..

I would do Front Squats in place of Squats and SLDL in place of DLs.

I would do Front Squats in place of Squats and SLDL in place of DLs.

Why?

The two exercises you have suggested taking out are probobly the best overall mass builders out there. your suggestions are just variations of these and should IMO only be incorparated aswell as or as a change every few week or so.

Im not knocking the two exercises especialy front squats but IMO the Standard Squat and Standard DL should be the staple of any workout

If you're lifting heavy I think you'll be over training. Unless you are just starting? db hammer 3 x 5-7 - You're referring to the hammer bicep exercise right? I think something like this might be more beneficial: Day 1 Squat 3 x 5-7 Lunges 3 x 8-10 Hack Squats 3 x 10-12 (Might take these out) Romanian deadlift 3 x 8-10 Might throw some calf in here? day 2 rest day 3 Bench 3 x 6-8 Incline Bench (Moving this first might be a better idea) 3 x 8-10 Dips 3 x 8-10 BW (Or add a few plates) French press 3 x 5-7 day 4 off day 5 Deadlift 3 x 5-6 Pull up 4 x 6-8 DB row 3 x 8-10 Lat Pulldowns (Narrow Grip [Bicep exercise at this point]) 3 x 8-10 day 6 off day 7 Military press 3 x 6-8 Arnolds s.s. w/rear laterals 3 x 8-10 Just a quick glance over that, it isn't refined.. Just think you'd be overttraing shoulders and chest doing them twice a week. Legs can generally take it. Sorry thats not spaced out FF won't do returns for some reason..

that looks like each muscle group once a week sort of like push/pull/legs, i want to get away from that, from what ive read, the once a week mentality only became popular when steroids were invented, ie if you go back to the 50's 60's etc people trained 3 full body workouts or upper/lower split, the anabolic state generally lasts 48 hours (although cns takes longer to recover i dont doubt that) if your on steroids you can do one muscle group per week and destroy it as the steroids will keep it in an anabolic state for much longer than 48 hours, or if your extremely advanced and lift such heavy weights you need a full week, im neither of these and from advice from the majority of people and research studies ive read they suggest 3 full body workouts for absolute beginners or muscle groups twice a week for people who have been working out for 6 or more months, ive been working out for about 9 or so.

ww w.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9252485

thats one study there are more but they arent the easiest to search out

ww w.aworkoutroutine.co m/training-each-muscle-group-once-per-week/

ww w.intense-workout.c om/workout_frequency.h tml
a few webpages to read about it

If you're on steroids you can workout a muscle group twice per week because you recover faster. You don't decrease volume on steroids, you increase. You decrease volume off of steroids. If you want to do four full body workouts a week that's fine but you're not going to be pushing much weight. If you do push a lot of weight and train your ass off then you'll be over training very soon.

If you want to grow you need to lift heavy. If you lift heavy you need to take time off to recover. Working your chest twice a week isn't going to give you that recovery unless you're on something. Nor do I understand why you're doing four sets for every exercise. Why not just do a 5x5? A 5x5 full body is something Reg Park wrote about in the 60's.

IML Gear Cream!
i understand what your saying but it doesnt seem to agree with any of the actual researchers, go back and look at the routines people in the 50's and 60's used, NONE of them used a once a week mentality, nor have i ever found any research that supports a once a week mentality, im not saying it doesnt work it just from what ive read isnt optimal, look at starting strength, west side for skinny bastards bill starr 5 x 5 NONE of them are once a week and most people say those routines are the best for natural athletes.

again im not saying to do 3 full body workouts as i wouldn;t be able to recover, the muscle stops growing after 48 hours approximately thats proven but the cns takes longer to recover, twice a week is a good compromise and a lot of programs are built around that. steroids will keep the muscle growing for much longer than 48 hours, hence why once a week you can do a ridiculous number of sets per bodypart then wait a week while the steroids keep the muscle growing and repeat. for natural trainers no matter what they do most muscle synthesis is base line after 48 hours so waiting another 5 days seems a little odd

i understand what your saying but it doesnt seem to agree with any of the actual researchers, go back and look at the routines people in the 50's and 60's used, NONE of them used a once a week mentality, nor have i ever found any research that supports a once a week mentality, im not saying it doesnt work it just from what ive read isnt optimal, look at starting strength, west side for skinny bastards bill starr 5 x 5 NONE of them are once a week and most people say those routines are the best for natural athletes.

The difference is those routines are for beginners. I'm not sure how hard you have been training but those programs work great because people are just beginning on them. Your greatest potential is when you first start. You've been at it nine months. If you did change something to your workout though I'd add conventional dead lifts on day 3 then do the pull ups then do Romanian. While Romanian's will hit your back, it won't be anything like conventional deads.

what type of routine do you use out of interest? and have you had good results from it, i take it you are natural as well?

I do a 5/3/1 routine, four day split. I've had excellent results from it, as good as I did when I first started I'd say and I've been at it for three-four years now. Over the summer I'll be running Built's Baby Got Back routine for my cut.

care to post up the routine you use? what supplements you using? im just using whey protein.

5/3/1 Deadlifts
3x10 Good Mornings
3x10 Pull Throughs
3x24 Standing Calf

5/3/1 Flat Bench
2x8-10 Incline DB (Alternating BB)
2x8-10 Dips
2x8-10 Behind the head tricep extensions

5/3/1 Squats
3x10 Front Squats
3x20 Lunges
3x15 Standing Calf Raise

5/3/1 Military Press
5x8-10 Chinups
3x8-10 Arnolds s.s.
3x8-10 Rear Shoulder Raises s.s
2x8-10 Incline DB Curls

With 5/3/1 you do 3x5 one week, 3x3 next week, then 5x1+3x1+1x1. After that you take a deload week where you lift 60% on everything. Then you start over and add 5-10lbs to your max.

Why?

The two exercises you have suggested taking out are probobly the best overall mass builders out there. your suggestions are just variations of these and should IMO only be incorparated aswell as or as a change every few week or so.

Im not knocking the two exercises especialy front squats but IMO the Standard Squat and Standard DL should be the staple of any workout

Yes you are correct !
That is just the way I like them.:ohyeah:

Back