• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Need a little advice.....

tatdawg

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've been in the gym training for about 4 months now. My elbow starting hurting lately and I saw my M.D. and he said it was probably a tendon. So the obvious thing to do is to stop training until it heals. I've been out of the gym for a week and a half and it seems to be getting better slowly. My question is this: about how long does it take for this type of injury to heal and is there anything I can do to speed up the process? I don't want to lose the gains I've made and being out of the gym is making me a little nuts. Any feedback, suggestions, or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Not much to help it heal. I assume you can still do some exercises like squats and deadlifts. But if not don't worry about it. I the good thing about coming back to the gym is you gain your strength and weight back way faster. I trained for a few years and I quit. I'm back about 1 month now and I've made crazy gains, almost back to were I was when I left off.

Sounds like tennis elbow and there isn't really anything that will make it better other then completely stopping. I'm dealing with it too just grin and bear it.

I've been in the gym training for about 4 months now. My elbow starting hurting lately and I saw my M.D. and he said it was probably a tendon. So the obvious thing to do is to stop training until it heals. I've been out of the gym for a week and a half and it seems to be getting better slowly. My question is this: about how long does it take for this type of injury to heal and is there anything I can do to speed up the process? I don't want to lose the gains I've made and being out of the gym is making me a little nuts. Any feedback, suggestions, or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Get a pair of elbow sleeves, they help out. Watch your angled movements, dips, especially Hammerstrength equipment. Hammerstrength puts way to much stress on my joints. I would rest your elbows for a few more weeks! Pay strict attention to your form when doing movements. It sucks, I know, Ive dealt with this in the past. All I can advise is to rest it up for a while. good luck!!!!

Not much to help it heal. I assume you can still do some exercises like squats and deadlifts. But if not don't worry about it. I the good thing about coming back to the gym is you gain your strength and weight back way faster. I trained for a few years and I quit. I'm back about 1 month now and I've made crazy gains, almost back to were I was when I left off.

Muscle memory is great thing, ain't it? :winkfinger:

I agree, do squats and other lower body exercises just so you don't feel guilty not going to the gym and making progress. Imagine the gains you will make concentrating only on leg exercises! Its the complete opposite of those brolic gym rats with no legs.

Avoid exercises that cause the elbow pain, I assume those would be mostly isolation lifts. Focus on compound lifts only, not only should you be able to maintain your gains this way but further them significantly. Even doing heavy squats three times a week will not only maintain your gains but you can actually develop your upper body by proper heavy squatting. Stick to what you can do and never cut out squats and you should be fine.

Thanks for all the support guys, I appreciate it. Letting the elbow heal and concentrating on stomach and legs sounds like a plan. Hopefully it will heal in a couple of weeks. Much respect and thanks again.

i had the same issue a few weeks ago i cut out basicaly all upperbody pressing for a week and it got better but it sounds like your problem is more serious

Hang in there, in time it will go away. Just don't make it worse by trying to work through the pain.

Probably the best natural solution that I use at 48yrs old. It's called Glutathoine Accelerator which fact effects all free radicals that are created from the stress of working out. My recovery a so quick within 24 hours for me. The benefits are Better workouts,faster recovery times,and improved athletic performances and just some of the benefits.

Exercise increases our bodies need for more glutathione. During a workout, the increased oxygen produces more free radicals which is because of the oxygen and what's in our environment creates rust like water to a metal pipe. So glutathione is a key molecule that is important to our recovery time.

IML Gear Cream!
I had the same thing before from doing skullcrushers and dips. Doctor gave me a brace to put around the forearm on the elbow that was hurting. He also gave me some pain killers. It eventually went away but was really irritating when I had it.

I have found that going through the motion with LOW weight, even JOKE weight if you have to, helps.

My thinking is you don't want it to heal, being unable to move in the motion required, and may possible rip again if you don't stretch it as it heals. LIke Physical therapists do.

Back