• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Here are six steps to a six pack.

stone 69

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!

1. First off, train them! Many people complain about their unsightly midsections. But when you ask them what kind of training they do for them, they shrug. You have to train a muscle to make it grow. Train the abs 3 to 5 times per week, using 8 to 12 sets.
2. Do your cardio. It doesn???t matter if you have a set of world-class abs, if you can???t see them because they???re covered in fat. If you do no cardio, start slow. Four brisk walks of 30 to 45 minutes per week. This will raise your metabolism and allow your midsection to start taking shape.
3. Watch what you eat. This goes hand in hand with #2 above. Fewer calories mean your body burns body fat for fuel. One warning ??? Don???t go overboard and starve yourself, or your metabolism will drop and you???ll actually GAIN weight. Ideally, you???ll want to eat six to eight small meals each day. Emphasize protein, fruit, and vegetables.
4. Water & Green Tea. Aside from being probably the two healthiest beverages, they work to prevent any drops in metabolism which are brought on by so many other causes in our lives.
5. Consume low insulin, high protein foods. Get your healthy fats. Replace all processed carbs with healthy fats. For example, skip the 200 calories of pretzels and get those same 200 calories from almonds instead.
6. Avoid alcohol. Aside from adding calories quickly, it also drops testosterone levels. In a sport where testosterone is everything, alcohol is a no-no.

1. First off, train them! Many people complain about their unsightly midsections. But when you ask them what kind of training they do for them, they shrug. You have to train a muscle to make it grow. Train the abs 3 to 5 times per week, using 8 to 12 sets.
2. Do your cardio. It doesn???t matter if you have a set of world-class abs, if you can???t see them because they???re covered in fat. If you do no cardio, start slow. Four brisk walks of 30 to 45 minutes per week. This will raise your metabolism and allow your midsection to start taking shape.
3. Watch what you eat. This goes hand in hand with #2 above. Fewer calories mean your body burns body fat for fuel. One warning ??? Don???t go overboard and starve yourself, or your metabolism will drop and you???ll actually GAIN weight. Ideally, you???ll want to eat six to eight small meals each day. Emphasize protein, fruit, and vegetables.
4. Water & Green Tea. Aside from being probably the two healthiest beverages, they work to prevent any drops in metabolism which are brought on by so many other causes in our lives.
5. Consume low insulin, high protein foods. Get your healthy fats. Replace all processed carbs with healthy fats. For example, skip the 200 calories of pretzels and get those same 200 calories from almonds instead.
6. Avoid alcohol. Aside from adding calories quickly, it also drops testosterone levels. In a sport where testosterone is everything, alcohol is a no-no.

You had me until #6, darn it. :lol: Great tips. I guess I could work on #6 as part of the transformation

A 5 oz glass or two of dry red wine a day won't hurt your progress, and is actually good for you as long as you figure the calories into your macros. Several beers on the otherhand ain't gonna work!

i like the beer kind of 6 pack better.... someone had to say it!

i like the beer kind of 6 pack better.... someone had to say it!

Agreed, but I guess there comes a point in time where enough is enough :(

I do know red wine is good for you, but dang I think it tastes nasty

In a sport where testosterone is everything, alcohol is a no-no.

Favorite part of the post. It amazes me how people can have such discipline when it comes to training and diet, yet if you rob them of their friday and saturday nights, their God given times to kill brain cells and act like idiots, all bets are off.

IML Gear Cream!
O shit my bad it didnt show up LOL
Can u add it for me?
Im not a Fing rip off im on many other boards and am know threw out them!!!!!!
I high lighted his name when i was copying and pasteing dnt no why it didnt show up!!!LMAO

Can u add it for me?
I high lighted his name when i was copying and pasteing dnt no why it didnt show up!!!LMAO

Even bodybuilding.com is more legit than ezine articles -- and that's saying a lot.

I wouldn't go to either for training information, even for a topic as trivial as how to get a six pack.

Here's how:

(1.) Train hard and smart -- periodize your sessions to achieve a goal

(2.) Use primarily or solely major compound movements like squats, deadlifts, bench press, rows, etc. (all involve the abs heavily)

(3.) Add weight to the bar over time...get stronger

(4.) Eat plenty and eat well. Carbs are good but non essential. Get plenty of fat in your diet with an emphasis on monounsaturated to help boost test. Protein 1-1.5g per lb LBM. Fat is MINIMUM 0.5g...

(5.) Rest plenty. Workout 3-4 days tops. Cardio is good in moderation for general health but it's not mandatory for "abs".

(6.) After a period of this, go on a cutting diet and shed bodyfat down until you can see a six pack...or whatever you'll end up with.

Note that just because a muscle is there you don't necessarily need to train it directly. I stopped doing arm curls a year and a half ago -- along with all other isolation except some minor calf work -- and my arms are much bigger now than then because I've gotten stronger on compound movements. Abs are no different. They get plenty of stimulation from stabilizing the torso when you have a shit ton of weight across your shoulders in a squat, for example. They don't need all those situps and whatnot. Absolute waste of time.

I'd like to see some actual data for #3. All the studies I've ever seen didn't support the idea that more frequent meals aided fat-loss; only total calories consumed affected weight.

I'd like to see some actual data for #3. All the studies I've ever seen didn't support the idea that more frequent meals aided fat-loss; only total calories consumed affected weight.

There's little evidence to support half of the points outlined in the OP.

Can u add it for me?

Like you didn't rip off the thread about 25 tips for muscle gain? Or are you going to say that you are Greg the Trainer too?

There's little evidence to support half of the points outlined in the OP.

Very true. Point 3 is just the one that's always touted and kinda gets under my skin.

Back