Bushmaster ACR

Thread: Bushmaster ACR

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Bushmaster ACR

I know what I'm getting myself for Christmas this year, this weapons platform gives me chub..

Bushmaster Presents - ACR
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Sancho

I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more
    Rep Points

Sweet

I have my eye on one of these Ruger® SR-556® Autoloading Rifle

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pimpin View Post
    Sweet

I have my eye on one of these Ruger® SR-556® Autoloading Rifle
    I looked at that model also, the reason why I favor the Bushmaster as you can change the internals and barrel to accommodate the 6.8SPC round but of course that comes with a higher price tag.
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Sweet!

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Sancho

I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more
    Rep Points

About the only bitch I'm coming up with on the Ruger is it's barrel heavy. List is ~$1800, they are $1550 +tax at a local dealer and ~$1300 on gunbroker.com.

How much is the Bushmaster?

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

I think about $2,200 MSRP

IDIOT SAVANT

Rep Points

You know which shop you're gonna get it from? I've had good luck with Henderson Defense Industries and New Frontier Armory.

Check out AR15.com. Go to the hometown forum/Nevada. Lots of good people on there with great info. Both stores I mentioned also post there.

Rules? You mean we have RULES for that???

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ALBOB View Post
    You know which shop you're gonna get it from? I've had good luck with Henderson Defense Industries and New Frontier Armory.

Check out AR15.com. Go to the hometown forum/Nevada. Lots of good people on there with great info. Both stores I mentioned also post there.

nope I just stumbled onto that model yesterday so I haven't gotten that far in the process yet but will check out that store in Henderson next week.

Rep Points

I have had the oppertunity to fire both the ACR and the FN SCAR. Both are wonderful rifles but the ACR has had a recall and another generation will be out soon that will reduce weight. I personally bought and love my SCAR (I have the 5.56 version and have the 7.62 heavy model on order)

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by HKfanboy View Post
    I have had the oppertunity to fire both the ACR and the FN SCAR. Both are wonderful rifles but the ACR has had a recall and another generation will be out soon that will reduce weight. I personally bought and love my SCAR (I have the 5.56 version and have the 7.62 heavy model on order)
    do you know what part was recalled?

isn't the SCAR replacing the current M4 in the Army?

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

i'll take one in the brown enhanced config
    P-side Inc.

"the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    do you know what part was recalled?

isn't the SCAR replacing the current M4 in the Army?
    The SCAR was used in SOCOM for special units (the Rangers were putting them to use) and the Heavy model (7.62x51) has become the carbine of choice. *the 5.56 version has been canceled (due to cost and the fact that the 7.62 heavy model is being devloped to enable quick change to 5.56 - not official but in the works from FN) On the ACR's recall I think it was an firing pin slam-fire issue or something in the trigger group that could cause a "runaway" but I cant rember exactly what it was and what the fix involved. I enjoy the new "wonder carbines" but I still like the old M4 and Midlength style AR's. (middys rock) There is nothing wrong with the old AR and the Stoner system does work well. I do enjoy my SCAR and it is a good buy at current prices. ($1800ish if you look around) Buy your guns now the prices are execellent. I am also a member of ar15.com - Jdub915

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

thanks for the info!