• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Examine me and my diet please :)

IML Gear Cream!
Actually Built i have a question, what role in my diet would a protien shake play?... I ordered optimum nutritions 100% whey protien... i plan on having it post work outs in skim milk with some peanutbutter in there, then blend it with ice to make it a little interesting. each scoop i think is 24g protien, ill probably do 2 scoops post work out, will that count towards my daily intake or is whey protien a different animal then what i would get naturally from meats and fish.

A protein shake in water, low or no carb of course, taken just before a solid meal may help you feel full earlier into your meal, and for longer after you consume it. It's also an easy, very low calorie way to bring up your protein.

I wouldn't do the peanutbutter or the milk in that shake. Fats in the postworkout shake are at best just extra calories, and although there are arguments either way on the issue of post-workout fats, they're not necessary and you don't need the calories while cutting. Just blend the shake in water with ice or a few frozen strawberries, blueberries or raspberries (they're all very low in carb) and have that postworkout. As you get leaner we'll look into carbs but for now, you don't need 'em. Get your bodyfat down to 15% and we'll revisit this issue, okay?

I just wanted to drop in and say that Built is giving some incredible advice. I had to figure it all out the hard way. A year ago, I went from 220 lbs to 180 lbs. in the span of 3 months. It can definitely be done and you sound like you are on track! Props to Built for helping and props to RedWindsor for deciding to want to get rid of that fat the healthy way!

I totally agree, thank god for people like Built that are kind enough to share their knowledge and help out others, its greatly appreciated.

nice Piper! im looking to do similar results, ive been making SLOW progress slowly pulling together all the thigns involved in me doing this...

Today i for the first time since probably this time last year i went out for a bright early morning jog, did about 3 miles or so, so im gonna try to keep that up as often as possible except days where i am Lifting in the morning, but if lifting later in the afternoon ill still go for a nice brisk jog in the morning...

as for my diet ive been playing with my meals,
For morning ive been having 45grams of oatmeal with some cinnamin in there for flavor, also becuase a trainer was telling me that cinnamon has been shown to raise Test levels... so i figured why not it doesn't seem to have any harmful effects. idk if i should toss in some eggs there as well or what

couple hours later i been having 1 cup of cooked brown rice, with a can of albacore Tuna on there, actually suprisingly they do go together well...

after that my next meal i been having another cup of brown rice with what i estimate to be about 6ozs of 99% lean ground turkey

my last meal before my much dreaded dinner time i try to get in a salad with what ever meat i make, (i like to switch up my meats, a couple days of turkey, then beef, then chicken just to keep things interesting)

Dinner time i try to only eat the veggies and meat and eat light as well...

before bed time not every night but some nights i do get hunger, a table spoon of peanut butter solves this quickly and i go right off to sleep...

Its slowly coming together, i been training with my buddy who is really in shape and DEDICATED to the gym and knows how to excerise and my works outs have been getting better and better, my form has improved greatly as well as his becuase now we can watch each other and help... things should start really rolling soon.

Red, I'm glad you're finding my info helpful.

You're eating a lot of carbs while you do this. Do you train in the AM? If so, I can appreciate the oatmeal and then the brown rice but if you train later in the day, I'd ditch the carbs until the meal before and or the meal after you lift, for no other real reason than comfort. You certainly don't need AM carbs otherwise, and you may find an omelette and a protein shake more satisfying than oatmeal.

I totally agree, thank god for people like Built that are kind enough to share their knowledge and help out others, its greatly appreciated.

nice Piper! im looking to do similar results, ive been making SLOW progress slowly pulling together all the thigns involved in me doing this...

It sounds like you are doing it the right way though. Sometimes slower is better, is you are doing it right! I probably didn't do it the right way, which made it harder to maintain. I know I wasn't getting enough calories a day and definitely not enough healthy fats.

Keep up the good work my man!

Red, I'm glad you're finding my info helpful.

You're eating a lot of carbs while you do this. Do you train in the AM? If so, I can appreciate the oatmeal and then the brown rice but if you train later in the day, I'd ditch the carbs until the meal before and or the meal after you lift, for no other real reason than comfort. You certainly don't need AM carbs otherwise, and you may find an omelette and a protein shake more satisfying than oatmeal.

My training Varies, i like to shoot for the AM to get it out of the way, but thats good to know ill curb my carb intake and try to aim for a a couple hours before hand and right after, i had stopped boiling eggs for a while but last night i boiled a fresh batch that should last me a few days.

So now for the passed few days i have been making Salads... Typically half a head of Romain Lettuce, 1/4 of a tomato all chopped up, hand full of carrots, hand full of black olives, some greek feta cheese, and about 4oz of what ever meat i have already pre-made, and it works great because i get in good amount of veggies fats and protiens, its VERY satisfying meal i try to have it close to mid-day.

Okay been really good the passed few weeks, ive been very dedicated to my diet alot of tweaks here and there but its consistant

Breakfast
1/4cup of Oatmeal with ground cinamon
2 hard boiled eggs
1 scoop of Opt. Nut. 100% whey protiend in skim milk with 1 tbsp of Peanutbutter and 3 strawberries and a bit of L-Arginine Powder

Meal 2
approx 4-6oz of either Lean ground turkey/beef or Turkey/Chicken breast
approx 3/4-1cup cooked brown rice (prob 1/3-1/2 cup uncooked)
and a nice portion of Broccoli

Meal 3
4-6oz of lean ground turket/beef or Turkey/chicken breast sliced up in a sald with
half head of romaine lettuce
1/4 tomoto
light sprinkle of Feta Cheese
handfull of carrots
some Olive oil and red wine vinegar
and some mushrooms if i have any

meal 4
1 can of Albacore Tuna with a small portion of brown rice

Meal 5 is typically my dinner which i stay away from Carbs and fats and try to stick to just meats and veggies

approx 1gallon of water consumed a day

on days i am lifting i have a 2nd shake with 2 scoops of protien post work out, with out the Peanutbutter and strawberries taken with a meal.

Total Calories from this is about 1500 cals, Since my dinner is so random and i try to behave im going to say 1800cals, and with my shakes total for the day ranges from 2000 on none lift days and 2200 on lifting days.

the Break down is roughly (but consistantly)
60grams of Fat, majority of which is mono 30gs, sat and poly are split evenly)
105grams of carbs probably closer to 130 after dinner and the shakes get factored in
and 130grams of protein which is closer to 180 on none lifting days and over 200 on lifting days...

Im very happy with teh diet, i find it easy to follow but ive been dieting for a few weeks now like this and i havn't seen any progress on teh scales... when i have my cheat day my weight will PLUMIT but over teh course of the week it will just creep back up, im trying not to be discouraged... any thoughts on this? I know the protien should be up a bit more, im still working on how im going to fit in more protien, perhaps a bit more meat or a second can of tuna...

using Fitday it estimates my caloric intake for maintnance is about 3000cals or so, and using the formula on the website that for cutting down i should maintain a 10 to 13 cal per lb of body weight i think the diet is pretty spot on

any thoughts? am i watched the scale to closely?

IML Gear Cream!
What have YOUR calories and YOUR macros averaged over this time?

Well i dont Log everyday, more like 2-3 times a week ill log but my diet really is consistant.

average from the begining of march when i first started the logs till now are as follows

1600 calories, probably a bit higher i don't log in my protien shakes and i know that it adds a maybe 200-300 extra cals a day approx

Fat 69.1 grams.... 617cals.... 38%
sat. fat. 19.6g... 176cals.... 11%
Poly Fat. 12.7g.... 113cals.... 7%
Mono Fat. 27.9g... 250cals.... 15%

Carbs 87grams... 351cals... 22%
D. Fiber 15.2g

Protien. 156.2grams... 652cals.... 40%

alcohol 0%

Now again i dont factor into fitday my intake for my protien shakes that i take at least once a day in the morning, so the numbers for fat and carbs maybe a gram or 2 higher and protien is probably off by 20 or so grams seeing as the servings have VERY little carb and fat, and 24grams of protien per serving...

Ive been ghosting alot of diet threads and i think im going about this all wrong...

My first mistake starts when i wake up...ive been taking in alot of morning carbs and sugars, i looked at my instant oatmeal nut. facts, and its loaded with sugars and crap, so consider the morning oatmeal cut for now, on top of that i read in a thread, Built states morning **IS** the worst time to take in carbs it will not help with your appetite, so starting tomorrow im starting fresh with a different breakfast approach...

MY second mistake ive been making is my meal plan... ive been trying the small 6 meals a day approach, some days ill go to bed with no hunger, other nights ill be eating the sheets right off the mattress... ive tried sticking to it though, but i realize it was a mistake, so im back to 3-4 meals a day, a bit larger mostly meat based... and i always feel good before bed time with that

My third mistake ive noted is that despite being told that i should keep my carb intake low all day till after a work out, i still throw in alot of carbs with other meals... so starting monday im going to to start timing my intakes of carbs better and try to get in a solid portion of them post work out <----------- this leads me too 2 questions now: post work out i understand the need to replenish your bodies glycogen storages with carbs BUT 1) what is best to eat post work out? complex carbs? (brown rice, yams?) or simple carbs ( i honestly havnt a clue where to start with a healthy source of simple carbs) and 2) i supplement post work out with about 50gs of protein in a water based shake, should i still eat a solid food like chicken or beef? or is it unessecary intake?

Ive been ghosting alot of diet threads and i think im going about this all wrong...

My first mistake starts when i wake up...ive been taking in alot of morning carbs and sugars, i looked at my instant oatmeal nut. facts, and its loaded with sugars and crap, so consider the morning oatmeal cut for now, on top of that i read in a thread, Built states morning **IS** the worst time to take in carbs it will not help with your appetite, so starting tomorrow im starting fresh with a different breakfast approach...
For those of us who are pussies about hunger, this is a real consideration.

MY second mistake ive been making is my meal plan... ive been trying the small 6 meals a day approach, some days ill go to bed with no hunger, other nights ill be eating the sheets right off the mattress... ive tried sticking to it though, but i realize it was a mistake, so im back to 3-4 meals a day, a bit larger mostly meat based... and i always feel good before bed time with that
Just like a lot of us. Interesting, isn't it?

My third mistake ive noted is that despite being told that i should keep my carb intake low all day till after a work out,
While running at a deficit, this is really only important for appetite-control. But appetite-control's really important!

i still throw in alot of carbs with other meals... so starting monday im going to to start timing my intakes of carbs better and try to get in a solid portion of them post work out <----------- this leads me too 2 questions now: post work out i understand the need to replenish your bodies glycogen storages with carbs BUT 1) what is best to eat post work out? complex carbs? (brown rice, yams?) or simple carbs ( i honestly havnt a clue where to start with a healthy source of simple carbs)
You don't always need to do this, but if you do, something that gives you glucose without fructose. This means white or brown rice, white or sweet potatoes, white or whole-grain pasta or bread, or even dextrose. It means nothing sweetened with ordinary sugar or honey, no fruit juice and no pop since these are all loaded with fructose.

I usually have a potato or a sweet potato, since these are more satiating than white or even brown rice.

and 2) i supplement post work out with about 50gs of protein in a water based shake, should i still eat a solid food like chicken or beef? or is it unessecary intake?

I find a pre-meal shake helps me feel fuller longer. Post workout, I'll usually knock one back in the car home, then eat a solid meal.

*well at the moment hunger is a HUGE issue, im laid off so i try to stay in as much as i can to avoid spending money, but staying in leads to boredom and makes it MUCH easier for me to funnel crappy food into my mouth... so ill admit to being a pussy, its for the better good.

*Yesterday i had 4 meals the whole day, mostly based off of chicken breast... and i had a chicken salad for dinner, i didn't feel one bit hungry till bed time , and today im doing the same thing, ive only had 3 meals so far and i dont feel hungry at all.

*this relates back to the first star, appetite control, over the years ive been so accustomed to just jamming entire apple pies down my throat (figuratively speaking, i never had a taste for sugary sweets, i got fat off of beer soda and chips) so it is a bit tough especially seeing the bags of nachos laying around, the random beers in the fridge and the Lonely Bottle of CoCa Cola, thats only there incase a guest wants some.

*thanks for clearing that up, would you recommend that the majority of my daily carb intake come from that post work out meal? or should i still spread it evenly and the PWO meal be no different from the others? I have tried spreading the meals, i havn't lost and weight so far, so i might for a couple weeks try cramming all the carbs into PWO meal and very little carbs in my other meals.

For fat-loss, on equal calories, it won't matter nearly enough to merit doing something that makes you hungry. I find it more comfortable to eat whatever starches I consume at night, either before and after, or after I train; either way, with creatine.

When that runs out, switch to monohydrate, same dose.

Im sorry to bother, but why make the switch? i was going to do it any way, my brother told me that the ethyl ester vs monohydrate is a bunch of bull crap, just used a cheap reputable monohydrate brand, by that time i had already purchased what im using now :/ ill be out of it in roughly 2 months lol

More research has been done on it, and it's the one everything else is compared against.

It's the best.

okay today, i started a different approach, just had my last meal approx 20 minutes ago

the day went as follows

8:30 am wake up
9:00 am Shake.... 1 scoop of Whey, 1 serving of greek yogurt (13g protien) 3 fresh strawberries, L-argning scoop , 1 TBSP peanutbutter, ice and Water (i am cutting the milk out completely)

some bull shit was going on at the gym and i didn't start lifting till 11... finished up around 12:30pm

1pm, i had approx 1 cup of cooked brown Rice, and approx 8oz chicken breast

around 3:30 i had another 8oz Chicken breast

at 5, i had 1 hard boiled egg and a 1tbsp of peanut butter cuz i felt hunger creeping up a bit on me

at 7 i had my dinner, some pork rips and a cup of potatoes i know not the best, but i just had a talk with my mother that im going to be getting very strict on my diet soon, so ill be making my own meals throughout the day

Polys from fish are great - we need EPA/DHA already converted. Check how much EPA/DHA you're already getting in and adjust accordingly. Polys in general enhance satiety, but you don't want to go too high relative to monos. Rule of thumb for quantities - if you're getting in about 0.5g fat per pound lbm, aim for about a third from each of polys, monos and saturates. If you go higher than this, lean on the the monos.
Monos > saturates > polys.

Built,
Is there any reason why Polyunsaturated Fat shouldn't be taken as same amount as Monounsaturated Fat? I am asking this because I put Grapeseed Oil and Olive Oil in my protein shake which gives me almost same amount of Poly and Mono.

Built,
Is there any reason why Polyunsaturated Fat shouldn't be taken as same amount as Monounsaturated Fat? I am asking this because I put Grapeseed Oil and Olive Oil in my protein shake which gives me almost same amount of Poly and Mono.
Polys - if you go too high - can promote inflammation. They are also very easily damaged at high heat; make sure you eat those raw. Saturates are good for endocrine function, but can also impact upon insulin sensitivity. Monos don't seem to be problematic; rather, they appear to be quite beneficial. I won't pretend to be an expert in this, but my small reading in this area suggests there are no ill effects from taking in higher quantities of monos as an easy way to bolster calories.

Polys - if you go too high - can promote inflammation. They are also very easily damaged at high heat; make sure you eat those raw. Saturates are good for endocrine function, but can also impact upon insulin sensitivity. Monos don't seem to be problematic; rather, they appear to be quite beneficial. I won't pretend to be an expert in this, but my small reading in this area suggests there are no ill effects from taking in higher quantities of monos as an easy way to bolster calories.
Thanks, built.:)

Okay i think im snuggling into a diet routine finally that im pretty comfy with... been at it all week...

im taking in average of
Calories 1900
Fat 90gs

Carbs 60Gs

Protien 210Gs

With an estimate of 3000or so maintance calories and being comfortable eating like this i hope this is a good diet to follow, ill set saturday as my carb up day with VERY LOW fats, ill use Kidney beans to do this 0 fat, 18g carbs, 8gs protien per serving approx 100calories too, and one cheat meal of probably Pizza or Pasta...

Any opinions on this? i finally purchased new running shoes since my old ones are 2 years old and give me blisters if i do alot of running so my cardio on my days off will be less dreadful

I decided on Caffine pills and Green Tea pills to supplement in as well probably take 4-600 grams of caffine per day (im not super sensitive too it) and 1.5 gs of green tea extract as well per day. which works out to 1 pill of each per meal untill dinner where i wont take anything....

Im cutting Beef for the most part unless its lean and on sale, seeing as chicken is a much better source of protien and lower fat levels which frees up some fat to be taken in from other foods which will help in keeping me satisfied...

Sounds like you've got 'er nailed. :thumb:

Greetings, im 22 yrs old 5'11 238lbs... according to various tools i have used my body fat % is right around 31% if i remember correctly.

I have a gym routine down that i have been sticking to like glue... just want some insight on my diet that ive been slowly getting in check

Morning:
4 Scrambled or 4 Hard Boiled Eggs----6 egg whites, 2 whole eggs
1 English muffin with flavored Margerine--2 slices whole wheat bread-spray butter ok
1gram of L-arginine
1 big cup of Water (on the rare occasion OJ or a small cup of coffee)
watch serving size of juice
Snack:
Fiberone Bar
1 big cup of water

Better off with a 2 scoops of whey , or 6 oz of lean protein with a tbsp of Peanut butter.

Lunch:
typically what ever is left over from dinner more then likely its either
Checkin
Veggies
Spaghetti
1big cup of water

Chicken good, I would swap spaghetti with a cup of cooked rice.

Snack:
Fiberone Bar
1 big cup of water

Again shake or lean protein

Dinner: dinner i have no real control over but typically my dinners always has Chicken, beef, or fish and a veggie and a starch like mashed potatos or spaghetti
couple cups of water

Limit your starch's. Find appropiate serving size.

If i do get hungry after dinner i just have 1 last fiberone bar and a big thing of water again...
Low fat cottage cheese, lean protein, protein shake, would be a better alternative if you could.

That would be my recommendations, not knowiong your restrictions.

Back