• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

How many here refuse to buy Cage Eggs

BillHicksFan

Registered Abuser
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I eat 8 eggs a day and only 1-2 yolks. Even if I'm short on cash I'll never support the sale of cage eggs. It pisses me right off to see the piles of cage eggs in the isle at the supermarket and when I see people grabbing them without a single thought about the treatment of these animals I feel like choking the fuck out of them, kinda like I.P Murphy did to Nurse Ratchet in the film "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest."

It should be mandatory to print pictures of the featherless, half dead, fucked up looking chickens on the carton just so people know what they are eating and supporting.

The packaging makes me irate too with pictures of rainforests and chickens with big smily faces "fresh wholesome eggs" and if you search closley there is "cage eggs" written in small print just a slight different shade of colour from the label so it is difficult to see.

All this should be outlawed now. As far as I'm concerened, if you want eggs you pay a buck more for the sake of animal rights.

Am I a meat eating vegan, free spirited hippie or does this piss others off too?

Last edited:
My room mates do the shopping. I don't think they buy caged eggs. Sorry bro.

You mean they do buy caged eggs?

Yeah, they are caged in a carton when they bring them home. :joke:

It's just the regular eggs. If I buy them it's a different story, but I rarely shop.

Cage-Free vs. Battery-Cage Eggs : The Humane Society of the United States

Cage-free hens are spared several severe cruelties that are inherent to battery cage systems. But it would nevertheless be a mistake to consider cage-free facilities to necessarily be "cruelty-free." Here are some of the more typical sources of animal suffering associated with both types of egg production:

• Both systems typically buy their hens from hatcheries that kill the male chicks upon hatching—more than 200 million each year in the United States alone.
  • Both cage and cage-free hens have part of their beaks burned off, a painful mutilation.
  • Both cage and cage-free hens are typically slaughtered at less than two years old, far less than half their normal lifespan. They are often transported long distances to slaughter plants with no food or water.
  • While the vast majority of the battery and cage-free egg industry no longer uses starvation to force molt the birds, there are battery and cage-free producers alike who still use this practice.

So, while cage-free does not necessarily mean cruelty-free, cage-free hens generally have significantly better lives than those confined in battery cages. The ability to lay their eggs in nests, run and spread their wings are tangible benefits that shouldn't be underestimated.

Trouble in the Henhouse: The Scam of Organic Eggs | BNET

— hens are crammed inside massive window-deprived, metal barns where as many as 85,000 of them compete for space. They’re given organic feed and don’t get antibiotics, but that’s where the distinction ends. Like conventional hens, they don’t go outdoors and they’re often stacked in shelves going up to the ceiling, much like the ones in this photo taken at an organic farm in Wisconsin by the Cornucopia Institute, the group responsible for the report:

eggs2.jpg

http://www.cornucopia.org/organic-egg-scorecard/

“5-egg” rating (2001-2200): “Exemplary”—Beyond Organic
Producers in this top tier manage diverse, small- to medium-scale family farms. They raise their hens in mobile housing on well-managed and ample pasture or in fixed housing with intensively managed rotated pasture. They sell eggs locally or re- gionally under their farm’s brand name, mostly through farmer’s markets, food cooperatives and/or independently owned natural and grocery stores and sometimes through larger chains like Whole Foods.

I'm sorry, and Bill if you want to roid rage on me...that's cool. I'll PM ya my addy. But I just believe that animals like chicken, cows and fish were put here on earth for us to eat. I honestly could care less how they are treated as long as they are yummy.

Go ahead PETA advocates...FLAME AWAY!!!!!!!:shooter:

I normally dont think about it, but my wife is the same way Bill, and thats why she does all the shopping. I could never do that stuff to any animal, but I agree with GMO. As long as im not the one doing it, and it taste good, ill eat it.

IML Gear Cream!
It should be mandatory to print pictures of the featherless, half dead, fucked up looking chickens on the carton just so people know what they are eating and supporting.

I am happy to get jerked off the back of animal suffering - fuck em.

Printing pictures of said creatures on egg cartons would have me LHJO over the image of their deformed carcusses.

Our race was built on exploitation, lets not stop now you stinking fkg hippy.

:coffee:

Fuck chickens. They were meant for breeding and consumption. Bottom line is, they keep me fed and thats O.K. by me.

Well a chicken wakes up to a whole new world everyday
As far as the chickens concerned everythings A OK.
Well a chicken dont care about nuthin but the cluckin and the
Price of eggs today .
Well a chicken wakes up to a whole new world everyday

Cruel, cage egg eatin' mfers. :paddle: Nah serously my friends and family do the same, I don't really get violent thoughts but I don't support animal cruelty. Just because we can dominate a species that doesn't mean we should do it in the most appalling ways.

Sorry GMO, animals weren't "put" anywhere souly for the benefit of the human race, nothing was. In the blind eyes of nature we're really not that special. We have evolved to our environment therefore it gives the illusion that we are perfectly suited to it.

We have the RSPCA in the country that will throw your ass in jail for being cruel to a cat or being an iresponsible owner of a goat however when it comes to something that is on a massive scale and is part of the economy such as cage eggs they turn a blind eye. Why the double standards? (rhetorical question)

Must be just me, I'll stop being the egg Nazi that I am.

Last edited:
I refuse to buy eggs that are expensive.

free range eggs are usualy 50% more expensive than caged eggs in the town i live in,i often see documentarys on tv about supermarkets selling low grade food as top end stuff like the value range having the same ingredients as the premium range ready meals and uk meats that atcualy come from abroad etc etc so i just buy the cheapest to avoid getting ripped off any more than we normal do in the uk,remember were still in recession and money is much tighter than it used to be here.

My wife is a vegetarian, so we pay the extra money. There is a all-natural store close by that has pretty good prices. I don't care the for mistreatment of animals much, and I don't mind paying the difference.

I buy blood diamonds and cage eggs and cage rabbit:coffee:

Cruel, cage egg eatin' mfers. :paddle: Nah serously my friends and family do the same, I don't really get violent thoughts but I don't support animal cruelty. Just because we can dominate a species that doesn't mean we should do it in the most appalling ways.

Sorry GMO, animals weren't "put" anywhere souly for the benefit of the human race, nothing was. In the blind eyes of nature we're really not that special. We have evolved to our environment therefore it gives the illusion that we are perfectly suited to it.

We have the RSPCA in the country that will throw your ass in jail for being cruel to a cat or being an iresponsible owner of a goat however when it comes to something that is on a massive scale and is part of the economy such as cage eggs they turn a blind eye. Why the double standards? (rhetorical question)

Must be just me, I'll stop being the egg Nazi that I am.

i think what they do is shitty, but :shrug:

so i eat whatever

IML Gear Cream!
someday when i get some land, and i dont move around so often, i'll raise my own. id prefer to eat grass fed/free range animals but its near impossible at this point in my life

$2.80 for cage and $4.80 for dozen of free-range where I live.

The cage eggs can't be healthy, you can't get health from sickness.

And here I thought all eggs are created equal. Good thing I switched to egg substitute. It got all the taste without the fat.

I buy blood diamonds and cage eggs and cage rabbit:coffee:

Sorry to lay this on you, but those were blood cubic zirconians I sold you.
And canola oil infused with homosexual pheromones :lol:

A dead chicken fetus is a dead chicken fetus. Its all abortion or breakfast.

I eat 8 eggs a day and only 1-2 yolks. Even if I'm short on cash I'll never support the sale of cage eggs. It pisses me right off to see the piles of cage eggs in the isle at the supermarket and when I see people grabbing them without a single thought about the treatment of these animals I feel like choking the fuck out of them, kinda like I.P Murphy did to Nurse Ratchet in the film "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest."

The packaging makes me irate too with pictures of rainforests and chickens with big smily faces "fresh wholesome eggs" and if you search closley there is "cage eggs" written in small print just a slight different shade of colour from the label so it is difficult to see.

All this should be outlawed now. As far as I'm concerened, if you want eggs you pay a buck more for the sake of animal rights.

Am I a meat eating vegan, free spirited hippie or does this piss others off too?

The world doesn't give a fuck, most of it that is.

The world doesn't give a fuck, most of it that is.

I think there are actually millions of people who care about the mistreatment of animals in this country alone. For most the cost is prohibitive but if that were not the case, many would opt for the more humane option.

Back