• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

How much Olive Oil can you drink?

How much is too much?

Why are you drinking olive oil? If it is for the extra calories, you shouldn't need THAT much. I usually just throw a couple of tablespoons in my shakes.

I can see you now, Ravager, chugging on a bottle of Bertolli extra virgin, getting your swole on :alcoholic:

LOL :)

I guess if you wanted to you could make all your fat calories come from olive oil. That would suck, but I guess you could.

Why are you drinking olive oil? If it is for the extra calories, you shouldn't need THAT much. I usually just throw a couple of tablespoons in my shakes.

I can see you now, Ravager, chugging on a bottle of Bertolli extra virgin, getting your swole on :alcoholic:

LOL :)

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Funny shit man... :)

I read alot of good things about it, and it has about 1600 calories per cup. Also seems to be good for you.

I was thinking I could easily drink a cup a day as part of a bulking diet.

I'd have to chase it with a protein shake, and see how it sits in the belly.:wacko:

Why not use it as a dressing or cook your food with it instead?

Why not use it as a dressing or cook your food with it instead?

That makes perfect sense. Put it on a salad or pan fry your fish.

I can't stand bad food. No way I'm going to chug a cup of olive oil either..

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Funny shit man... :)

I read alot of good things about it, and it has about 1600 calories per cup. Also seems to be good for you.

I was thinking I could easily drink a cup a day as part of a bulking diet.

I'd have to chase it with a protein shake, and see how it sits in the belly.:wacko:

Everything in moderation! To much of anything is bad!

With that said, I think you could drink it until you puke!

If you chugged a cup you would shit yourself

IML Gear Cream!
You can drink a cup, just watch out for the oil stains on your underware /jk :roflmao:

Use a couple of spoons, not more. Use also other healthy sources to get the rest of the fat in your diet

What's the primary benefit of drinking olive oil, other than laxative effect?

IML Gear Cream!
Do not consume more than a gallon a day. :coffee:

Drinking olive oil? Sounds fricken nasty..Im not really a fan of it in general even on food.

For healthy fats I use macadamia nut oil. Better option IMO. Plus it tastes great drizzled over my chicken and veggies!

I saw in Muscular development magazine that Olive oil can help protect the liver from 17alpha alkylated supplements. It has many benefits.

no more that 2 tablespoons a day imo i do 1 every day in my shake good oils dont know about the liver protection milk thistle works good for that imo

March 2011 issue page number 124 the article was called adding olive oil to your oral cycle may reduce Liver damage. I am looking for a link but haven't found one yet. It is in the magazine though if anyone has it they can back me up on this. Will post it up when I find it online.

October 29, 2010
Olive oil protects the liver

art_whot_100209_story.jpg
An article published online on October 28, 2010 in the journal Nutrition and Metabolism reports the finding of Mohamed Hammami and his colleagues at the University of Monastir in Tunisia of a protective benefit for extra-virgin olive oil against oxidative stress in the liver.
The researchers tested the effect of olive oil in rats given the herbicide 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid which has a damaging effect on the liver via the depletion of antioxidants and induction of oxidative stress. The animals received whole olive oil, the hydrophilic fraction of the oil or the lipophilic fraction for four weeks. Five control groups received no herbicide and/or oil.
While all of the rats that received the herbicide developed significant damage to the liver, those that were treated with extra virgin olive oil or the hydrophilic fraction had an increase in antioxidant enzyme activity and decreased liver damage markers.
"Olive oil is an integral ingredient in the Mediterranean diet,” noted Dr Hammami, who is also affiliated with Saudi Arabia’s King Saud University. “There is growing evidence that it may have great health benefits including the reduction in coronary heart disease risk, the prevention of some cancers and the modification of immune and inflammatory responses. Here, we've shown that extra virgin olive oil and its extracts protect against oxidative damage of hepatic tissue.”
"The hydrophilic fraction of olive oil seems to be the effective one in reducing toxin-induced oxidative stress, indicating that hydrophilic extract may exert a direct antioxidant effect on hepatic cells,” he remarked. “However, more detailed studies about the effect of antioxidant compounds separately and/or their interactions are necessary to substantiate these observations.”
October 27, 2010

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=132

Here are some of the things I found so far. The article at MD I couldn't pull up so those that have the magazine can check it out.

definately a good source of healthy monosaturated fats. but if you consume too much, you are more than likely to be doing your body hard. theres no max per day.. but your probably have a few spoons with every meal anyway.

no more that 2 tablespoons a day imo i do 1 every day in my shake good oils dont know about the liver protection milk thistle works good for that imo
Did you just pick that number out of no where? Why only 2?

Back