• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

thoughts and feelings

CG

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
always admired westside and 531, but being the fatass that I am, I have always been hesitant on doing routines that seemingly would require a higher caloric intake if you want to be able to function with life outside of training.

so, the question is, how do you all feel about 531 or westside while on a caloric deficit?

I know they are both great programs, and know alot of people that trained with Joe DeFranco while he was perfecting his westside stuff, and they came out awesome.

I know powerlifters arent all shredded and have 32 inch waistlines, but who really gives a f? ive never met a powerlifter and thought, man that guyu looks like shit..

plus i figured this was better asked in the strenght sports section as opposed to training or nutrition:hiya:

I'm on my second round of 5/3/1 since the beginning of the year and so far have lost 12lbs. While only to this point losing inches in my waist, and actually still gaining strength.

What kind of diet are you doing on it?

I'm doing the Twin Peaks carb cycling from the sticky in I think it's the diet section. I found some journals with the first generation of it (which is much easier) and with increased fats, Jugg's helped me calculate that.

I'm on my second round of 5/3/1 since the beginning of the year and so far have lost 12lbs. While only to this point losing inches in my waist, and actually still gaining strength.

Sounds good. I'm going to start 531 tomorrow for the first time, while also starting to cut after bulking for three months.

What sort of increases have you seen in your numbers?

Hench and cgrant, what I would recommend is a higher fat intake with carb cycling. On the days that you dont train, keep the carbs to a bare ass minimum. Do a search for carb cycling, done by Built. It's a huge help. You'll cut, and wont have to worry about dips in energy. If you need help, let me know.

Also seconding the higher fat intake. Fat is great.

Yep, the added fat is a big deal. When I did this diet before bringing the fats up I couldn't make gains what so ever.

Hench, my estimated 1RM (per Jugs spreadsheet in the other thread)went from:

Exercise| 1/1/2011 | 3/11/2011 (second week of 3rd cycle)
Military |154 | 169
Deadlift |402 |425
Bench |204 |215
Squat |332 |367

Yep, the added fat is a big deal. When I did this diet before bringing the fats up I couldn't make gains what so ever.

Hench, my estimated 1RM (per Jugs spreadsheet in the other thread)went from:

Exercise| 1/1/2011 | 3/11/2011 (second week of 3rd cycle)
Military |154 | 169
Deadlift |402 |425
Bench |204 |215
Squat |332 |367

Those are some good increases! I'll be pretty happy if I make that sort of progress in just over two months.

Managed to get a PR on my first day, 110kg/242lbs x 11 on squats, damm this shit works's fast! lol

Thanks I like how I don't think about it. Just plug the numbers in and just do what it says.

Congrats on the PR :thumb:

While cutting I like to drop my training volume a bit. If I'm dieting hard, I can't recover from high volume.

I still like to lift heavy though

Back