• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

While traveling what do you eat?

JCBourne

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm on a road trip and there isn't nothing but fast food. What do you do while on a trip? I got a lot of calories to make up today haven't had much since I don't want to eat complete crap.

What fast food restaurants are you near?

Just use your head man.

Ya I think I'm just going to eat whatever has the least amount of fat. Just garbage like McDonald's, taco bell, etc. I was just curious what you guys eat to try to maintain while not home. Plan to buy some good stuff tonight with peanut butter and good fatty foods with high cals tonight.

Lots of milk and chewee bars bars.

Think you are just going to make do with fast food for a while.

Get a cooler and buy sliced turkey/chicken/ham from a local grocery store

Denny's or Cracker Barrel has the variety I need when traveling.....also if you tip the cooks they won't overcharge you for egg whites

If there is a grocery store around go there. You can pick some colossial protein bars. My favorite is the super cookie crunch. I think that is the name. Some of them sell dinners like shopnsave has chicken, potatoes, beef, rice, all kinds of good stuff. If you don't have a microwave you can still get cereal bars or nature valley bars.

IML Gear Cream!
Quiznos is pretty good. I'm actually on the road a lot, sometimes stuck in the car for a whole day or loree. What I try to do is have a portable electric stove and skillet with me at road trips, so what I do is cook an omelet in the morning. When I get in a hotel for the night, I go to a local grocery store and buy a steak to cook. If I can't avoid eating at mcdonalds,i usually get the grilled chicken sandwich and a grilled chicken snack wrap. Oh, and bring a cooler with ice, then you can put stuff like sliced deli meats and fruit and they won't spoil during the day.

You can get a 5lb bag of EAS whey protein from Sams Club for less than $30.

I just poor the scoop of protein right in my mouth and chug some water when I'm unable to mix it.

The met rx big bars are very good as well. :)

What works for me

I do a fair amount of touring in the summer with my harley and what I always look for in small towns is the little cafe's.
Some of their food is actually pretty good. If you get something like their dinner specials with meat, potatoes, veggies, wheat bread and a glass of milk it's pretty filling and covers some basis.
At breakfast in some hotels they have the biscuits and gravy and plenty of fresh fruit which you can take a piece or two for the road.
I'm always able to find some places that I can get by with but again I stay clear of the big cities.

Wendy's is the cleanest and best option for guys like us imo. The hamburger is never frozen, they have zero trans fat in the whole menu, you can get grilled chicken breast, baked potatoes naked instead of freedom fries, or a salad. The chili is pretty decent and the beans provide good carbs and fiber. Other than that, bring a tub of protein powder and a shaker cup, I do this literally every time I travel.

protein bars are a must to have on hand. If you have time you can find alot of good places to eat. Unfortunately I'm always running so it makes it hard. I try and find Japanese or Chinese food locations for the chicken/beef and rice.

If you have to go fast food, Jack in the Box is good, chicken pita, chicken strips. Subway is good and there everywhere. Big town hero, Chipotle, Wendy's has a few good things. If your staying in a hotel for a fews days week at a time, then stay at a place with a kitchen. You can go to the store the first night in town and pick up groceries for the week. Bring a lunch box and make breakfast and lunchs and go out to dinner. Being prepared and planning the best you can.

Chillis, Ruby Tuesday, TGIF, all those chainfood restaurant have somekind of steak or grill chicken. An 8 oz steak has about 56 grams of protein!

All great suggestions. I wish I could weigh in, i've had some nice meals hopefully i'm up a bit when I get back.

Milkshakes from McDonalds

IML Gear Cream!
If there is a grocery store around go there. You can pick some colossial protein bars. My favorite is the super cookie crunch. I think that is the name. Some of them sell dinners like shopnsave has chicken, potatoes, beef, rice, all kinds of good stuff. If you don't have a microwave you can still get cereal bars or nature valley bars.

Dude the apple colossial bars are the shit.

Apple, Peanut Butter Pretzel, then Cookie dough one.

McD's,burger king,taco bell,golden co.

Back