ok to donate blood?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Registered User
    chevyman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    u.s.
    Posts
    185

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    24045051

    ok to donate blood?

    Would it be ok to donate blood while on test c ? I have donated before a few times without issue and there is a blood drive going on the area. I would like to donate again, but don't want to do anyone any harm or anything.

  2. #2
    Twisted Steel
    cutright's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    702

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    45144422

    I wonder if the recipient will have elevated Test levels lol...curious?

  3. #3
    Moderator
    MODERATOR
    TGB1987's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,490

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points
    490784410


    I am not sure about this. I know they ask if you are using any drugs that require injections. I think you could do it though because they probably test the blood to make sure you that you don't have any diseases at least I hope they do. Don't really know that either. I do know that it is a good thing to have blood taken every now and then while on cycle because many steroids can make you RBC high and giving blood helps that.



  4. #4
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    51

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    656311

    Yes it is OK, My doctor that prescribes me test c also give me a prescription for weekley donations until rbc drops to where it is supposed to be. I generally donate once a month at the blood bank. If i start getting head aches and blood pressure tries to go up I will go donate then. You dont wont your blood getting to thick or you can have strokes ect.. My doctor says its super blood and many people will do very well if they get some of it.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    chevyman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    u.s.
    Posts
    185

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    24045051

    Quote Originally Posted by 1mudman View Post
    Yes it is OK, My doctor that prescribes me test c also give me a prescription for weekley donations until rbc drops to where it is supposed to be. I generally donate once a month at the blood bank. If i start getting head aches and blood pressure tries to go up I will go donate then. You dont wont your blood getting to thick or you can have strokes ect.. My doctor says its super blood and many people will do very well if they get some of it.
    Seriously? That's good to know. I never would have thought of it like that. I have heard it is good to donate to thin it down so to speak, but I wasn't sure if it was alright for someone to use. I mean if someone is having to take blood then they are obviously in some sort of medical situation and I wouldn't want to cause anyone any further issues.

  6. #6
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    state of confusion and denial
    Posts
    3,151

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    98443740


    FUCK NO. Im a regular with donating and know that if i go the dark side it will be something i have to give up.
    Please do not PM me with questions, I will not PM you back.

  7. #7
    I pooped today...
    2B1's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    1888 Franklin Street
    Posts
    1,260

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points
    292995907


    Quote Originally Posted by suprfast View Post
    FUCK NO. Im a regular with donating and know that if i go the dark side it will be something i have to give up.

    Why? Just curious.
    Everything I say is for entertainment purposes only.
    I do not condone the use of illegal substances.
    I pooped today...


  8. #8
    Board Rep
    BOARD REP
    GMO's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    3,600

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    315522744


    Quote Originally Posted by TGB1987 View Post
    I do know that it is a good thing to have blood taken every now and then while on cycle because many steroids can make you RBC high and giving blood helps that.
    ^^^Yes, absolutely correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by chevyman View Post
    Would it be ok to donate blood while on test c ? I have donated before a few times without issue and there is a blood drive going on the area. I would like to donate again, but don't want to do anyone any harm or anything.
    As long as you aren't sharing needles with the local drug addicted prostitutes, you should be ok to donate.

  9. #9
    Slave to the Irons
    Hubauer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    418

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    14826263

    Quote Originally Posted by TGB1987 View Post
    I do know that it is a good thing to have blood taken every now and then while on cycle because many steroids can make you RBC high and giving blood helps that.
    What is the deal with having a high RBC? I understand the mechanism with erythropoietin, but is a high RBC bad for you?

  10. #10
    Board Rep
    BOARD REP
    GMO's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    3,600

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    315522744


    Quote Originally Posted by Hubauer View Post
    What is the deal with having a high RBC? I understand the mechanism with erythropoietin, but is a high RBC bad for you?
    Yes, it is a condition called polycythemia. It increases the viscosity of your blood.

    If RBC is VERY high, it can cause heart failure, stroke, pulmonary embolisms and even Leukemia.

    It also stresses all of your organs as a whole because it is more difficult for the blood to flow through them.

  11. #11
    Moderator
    MODERATOR
    TGB1987's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,490

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points
    490784410


    Quote Originally Posted by GMO View Post
    Yes, it is a condition called polycythemia. It increases the viscosity of your blood.

    If RBC is VERY high, it can cause heart failure, stroke, pulmonary embolisms and even Leukemia.

    It also stresses all of your organs as a whole because it is more difficult for the blood to flow through them.
    +1 I would of repped you but it has been to soon. Good answer.



  12. #12
    A D M I N I S T R A T O R
    ROID's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    North of Cuba
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,998

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    19
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Rep Points
    760919307


    I've been meaning to donate blood for a while now.

    I think I am going to do it today.
    http://www.ironmagazine.com/images/b...dpharma728.gif

    " A cookie without sugar is just a cracker" ~ ancient voodoo proverb
    "A man with infinite patience is never left waiting."~ROID's past incarnation

  13. #13
    Registered User
    LiquidMetal77's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    109

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    12226812

    Just donated again the other day and I'm on my blast right now.

  14. #14
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Fla
    Posts
    469

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    20514267

    I went to donate 2 years ago and they ask me if i used any drugs with a needle. i told them i did aas in the past and they made me sign a paper stating that i would never donate again. because it wasnt prescribed by a doctor. i wished i never told them but i wanted to be honest.

  15. #15
    A D M I N I S T R A T O R
    ROID's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    North of Cuba
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,998

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    19
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Rep Points
    760919307


    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch View Post
    I went to donate 2 years ago and they ask me if i used any drugs with a needle. i told them i did aas in the past and they made me sign a paper stating that i would never donate again. because it wasnt prescribed by a doctor. i wished i never told them but i wanted to be honest.
    ?>

    Just do it anyway. I'm sure they screen the blood before they use it.
    http://www.ironmagazine.com/images/b...dpharma728.gif

    " A cookie without sugar is just a cracker" ~ ancient voodoo proverb
    "A man with infinite patience is never left waiting."~ROID's past incarnation

Similar Threads

  1. The Weider?s Donate $1 Million
    By Prince in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 12:57 PM
  2. Donate blood on cycle?
    By underscore in forum Anabolic Zone
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-17-2010, 02:01 PM
  3. The Weider's Donate $1 Million
    By Prince in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-14-2008, 04:33 AM
  4. KEFE- Please Donate to help my BodyBuidling
    By KEFE in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-18-2008, 07:26 PM
  5. Donate on Amazon.com
    By Prince in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-02-2005, 06:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2001-2017 IronMag® Bodybuilding Forums