IronMagLabs

Waxy Maize

Thread: Waxy Maize

Rep Points

Lightbulb Waxy Maize

Hi everyone. I have to get back into the gym and lose the lbs... got fat.... I never used WaxyMaize. Would this be a good supplement to take when Im trying to lose the fat? because Im trying to stay away from alot of carbs.

If it is a good idea for me to take it.. is there a dosage per lb of bodyweight? Can I take it with creatine?

Thanks.

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

i use it every so often. its a good carb source and cheap. smartpowders.com sells it.
    P-side Inc.

"the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

Student of the Game

Rep Points

Waxy destroys my guts. I usually have diarrhea within 20-30 minutes of using it. I actually gave 3 pounds away because of this. I've been using dextrose post workout or potato starch.

Just my experience.

5/3/1
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Back2gym View Post
    Would this be a good supplement to take when Im trying to lose the fat?
    What properties of waxy maize would make it a good fatloss-related supplement?

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Marat View Post
    What properties of waxy maize would make it a good fatloss-related supplement?
    I guess not too much, besides recovery time...better workouts.. dunno...

Rep Points

OP whats ur body type? Ecto, meso , endo?

Typically it seems endos wont do as well with it. For me personally, an endo, i dont like to use waxy while cutting and follow dieting principles to control my insulin. Fat burning is more efficient when insulin levels are low.

Rep Points

Body type? was a Mesomorph but now a Endomorph

I cut down before(65lbs) o.O.. never really ate too many carbs. besides vegetables and salads. it was mainly protein. but in the last five years, found all that 65lbs again, due to poor diet obviously.. I was gonna try something alil different this go'round, but wasnt sure about this whole waxymaize carb thing.

Rep Points

Ahh i see...

Just set yourself up with a diet that can be turned into a lifestyle. Consume good carbs in breakfast and pre/post workout, good amount of protein and healthy fats in your diet. Lose it slowly then when ur happy with ur leanness start to add cals in to gain muscle.

In the long run youll be happier this way and it will be easier to maintain; you will avoid the yo yo effects of dieting.

HI-Tech Redneck

Rep Points

i've read alot of stuff that says it's crap. just another highly touted product by the supp cos. to get rich.
    Cutting Hurts, But I Want To Be Hard ! ! !

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by klc9100 View Post
    i've read alot of stuff that says it's crap. just another highly touted product by the supp cos. to get rich.
    Same here..Some people like it tho.

Me personally I just go home and have something like whey+oats Postworkout..seems to do the job and is much cheaper

5/3/1
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Back2gym View Post
    I guess not too much, besides recovery time...better workouts.. dunno...
    Waxy maize is carbohydrate. It won't increase your recovery time or improve your workout any more than a grain of rice will.

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by klc9100 View Post
    i guess we should clarify what he is looking for. is it a fast digesting carb, that'll spike insulin? or a slower digesting carb, that wont. wms is the latter and thats why i use it(if you spike insulin, typically it means your body is storing more.. in the form of fat). i typically take it with a protein shake as a meal.

also its very cheap in comparison to other carb sources.
    P-side Inc.

"the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

Rep Points

Thanks for the input guys

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by PreMier View Post
    i guess we should clarify what he is looking for. is it a fast digesting carb, that'll spike insulin? or a slower digesting carb, that wont. wms is the latter and thats why i use it(if you spike insulin, typically it means your body is storing more.. in the form of fat). i typically take it with a protein shake as a meal.

also its very cheap in comparison to other carb sources.
    Not cheaper than white bread and its just as bad for you. Has been proven to have no advantages. Want a spike? have a banana.

The research done, was with Vitargo not WMS.......Bodybuilders should be looking to thin their supplements and keep only the most effective. WMS is a waste of money. Get some Oats instead.

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by damage View Post
    Not cheaper than white bread and its just as bad for you. Has been proven to have no advantages. Want a spike? have a banana.

The research done, was with Vitargo not WMS.......Bodybuilders should be looking to thin their supplements and keep only the most effective. WMS is a waste of money. Get some Oats instead.
    LOL.. you need to brush op on some things. wms is lower than maltodextrine on the gi scale. lets look at just one study:

Ingestion of a high-molecular-weight hydrothermall... [Nutrition. 2010] - PubMed result

Ingestion of a high-molecular-weight hydrothermally modified waxy maize starch alters metabolic responses to prolonged exercise in trained cyclists.
    Roberts MD, Lockwood C, Dalbo VJ, Volek J, Kerksick CM.

Department of Health & Exercise Science, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma, USA.
    Abstract
    OBJECTIVE: We examined whether the ingestion of a hydrothermally modified starch (HMS) would alter metabolic and hormonal responses to prolonged cycling compared with maltodextrin (MAL).

METHODS: Nine male cyclists (30 ± 2 y, 79.2 ± 2.1 kg, 4.7 ± 0.1 L of O(2)/min, 7.5 ± 1.3 y training) fasted 10 h before cycling for 150 min at 70% peak oxygen consumption and completing a cycling-to-exhaustion trial at 100% peak oxygen consumption. Participants ingested 1g/kg of HMS or MAL 30 min before and within 10 min of completing the bout. Blood samples were provided every 15 min before, during, and 90 min after exercise. Expired gases were collected every 30 min during exercise. In a crossover, randomized, and double-blind fashion, identical testing was completed 1 wk later.

RESULTS: Primary findings from this study were that 1) increases in serum glucose were greater during MAL (peak 9.5 mM) versus HMS (peak 7.4 mM, P ≤ 0.01), 2) insulin levels were significantly lower during HMS (peak 2.5 μIU/mL) versus MAL (peak 20.3 μIU/mL, P < 0.001), and 3) HMS was associated with greater fat breakdown as indicated by the increased serum non-esterified fatty acids (P < 0.01) and glycerol levels (P < 0.05).

CONCLUSION: Ingestion of a low-glycemic HMS before prolonged cycling exercise blunted the initial spike in serum glucose and insulin and increased the breakdown in fat compared with MAL.

Copyright © 2010 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
    wms is a lower gi carb Consumption of the slow-digesting waxy maize starc... [Nutr Res. 2009] - PubMed result

also bread is 5-6$ a loaf, and about 280g of carbs per loaf. thats .2 cents per gram of carbs. a jug of wms is 20$ and it contains 2700g of carbs.. thats less than a penny per gram.

so my conclusion? like i stated earlier, its a slower digesting carb, its CHEAP and easily consumed. its a decent supplement imo
    P-side Inc.