Car Enthusiast?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 41

Thread: Car Enthusiast?

  1. #1
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    122
    Rep Points
    8725023

    Car Enthusiast?

    Any car enthusiast in here what do you drive? dream car? next project?

    I have an 2003 electron blue C5 z06 that sits in my garage been working on it getting ready for the race season come summer. A 1970 Malibu big block pump gas drag car that i have also been working on forever probably will never be perfect but its a hell of a ride down the 1320. Next project hopefully and I will be happy with my collection of cars in my garage is either a 1979-80 Malibu want to put a LS based engine in it or a Grand National. Dream car would definitely have to be a C2 corvette grandsport. Whats everyone up in this piece have? oh yeah daily driver is a Grand Jeep Cherokee.

  2. #2
    happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER
    PreMier's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,874
    Rep Points
    175938472

    i love cars, racing them, and going to shows. i have an mk IV R32, quite a few mods done. any pics of yours?

    P-side Inc.

    "the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

  3. #3
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    International waters
    Posts
    99
    Rep Points
    48635040

    Well I love my Jeeps. (2004 TJ Rubicon - 6" Lift on 37's and a CJ5 mostly stock) Saving my pennies for a Ford Raptor. Not classic musclecars but I like em.

  4. #4
    Swollen Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    SloppyJ's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    US
    Posts
    7,232
    Rep Points
    565426092

    ^^

    Im into jeeps too. Got a YJ on 33's with flat fenders, winch, rhino lined, all kinds of shit. Imagine the gears I coulda bought if I didn't waste money on my jeep.


    Now I'm thinking of trading it for a bike since gas is soo high.

  5. #5
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    International waters
    Posts
    99
    Rep Points
    48635040

    Quote Originally Posted by SloppyJ View Post
    ^^

    Im into jeeps too. Got a YJ on 33's with flat fenders, winch, rhino lined, all kinds of shit. Imagine the gears I coulda bought if I didn't waste money on my jeep.


    Now I'm thinking of trading it for a bike since gas is soo high.
    Ha yea Jeeps will drain ya hard. If I didnt have that I could mabye afford gear actually intended for humans. I have a GSXR750K5 as well but hey bikes might let ya down on the mileage they actually get. (well its modded, usual stuff - full akrapovic exhaust, Power commander, one tooth down in front and 2up in the rear, and alot of other crap) I have given up on driving something better on gas. (I could figure out how to make a hybrid get 10mpg if ya let me at one)

  6. #6
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    122
    Rep Points
    8725023

    PreMier one of my buddies is HUGE VW fan he has an R32 with the HPA turbo kit on it moves damn good but his is blue. My home just got burglarized and they took my photo camera so I do not have pictures of my cars ill post some as soon as I get some. I found a picture of what my car looks like this is not my car but exactly identical year, color etc. aftermarket wheels (CCW) but i don't know the mods on this car other than that. http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1789/p1230023.jpg

  7. #7
    Swollen Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    SloppyJ's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    US
    Posts
    7,232
    Rep Points
    565426092

    Quote Originally Posted by HKfanboy View Post
    Ha yea Jeeps will drain ya hard. If I didnt have that I could mabye afford gear actually intended for humans. I have a GSXR750K5 as well but hey bikes might let ya down on the mileage they actually get. (well its modded, usual stuff - full akrapovic exhaust, Power commander, one tooth down in front and 2up in the rear, and alot of other crap) I have given up on driving something better on gas. (I could figure out how to make a hybrid get 10mpg if ya let me at one)

    Yeah I used to have a SV650. It's still better gas mileage than the damn jeep or my truck. Some guy is trying to trade me an 06 FZ1 with the akra carbon exhaust, cobra FI, and a bunch of other shit. I've just put SOOOO much blood, sweat, and beers into the jeep it would hurt me to let it go cause it's exactly where I want it now.... Well besides the Dana 60's, ARB Lockers, and of course a 350 in it.

    I doubt i'll get rid of it. But there are so many damn toys that I want and I can't have them all. Good thing is, they're all paid for.

  8. #8
    AbaXen Pharmaceuticals
    BOARD REP
    SFW's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    w/Geared Jesus ♂
    Posts
    9,175
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    I have an r/t charger (daytona package) which i love. and a scion tc. My dream car would be a shelby GT500 or a CTS-V.

  9. #9
    Banned
    phosphor's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    983
    Rep Points
    262748391

    I just drove my dads last car (before he passed) to work today. I bought it off my sister and bro-inlaw last year and started fixing it up little by little. Great condition and at 70k for being a 96' black z24 t-tops camaro. I called it 'dad' (since it seems like it's still his) and will keep him around till I kick the bucket more than likely.

  10. #10
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    International waters
    Posts
    99
    Rep Points
    48635040

    Quote Originally Posted by SloppyJ View Post
    Yeah I used to have a SV650. It's still better gas mileage than the damn jeep or my truck. Some guy is trying to trade me an 06 FZ1 with the akra carbon exhaust, cobra FI, and a bunch of other shit. I've just put SOOOO much blood, sweat, and beers into the jeep it would hurt me to let it go cause it's exactly where I want it now.... Well besides the Dana 60's, ARB Lockers, and of course a 350 in it.

    I doubt i'll get rid of it. But there are so many damn toys that I want and I can't have them all. Good thing is, they're all paid for.
    LOL a SV650 is actually a great ride. (I like em, balanced and enough torque to squirt through the corners) Just because they are not the fastest thing in a straight line the SV's dont get the credit they deserve.
    Keep the Jeep. I allways say "Its better to deal with the beast you know than the one you dont." (I can fix mine with a blindfold on 8beers deep) I have all my toys paid for too . (I own my shit it dont own me) The kicker is I have a full 5.7Hemi setup and ready for my swap into the TJ, but I just dont have the time yet. For the rest of ya'll check out Muscle cars, Classic cars, Classic Muscle Cars, Vintage cars, Muscle car dealer, Collectible Cars, Classic Car dealer, American Muscle Cars, Mopar, Camaro, Pontiac, Dodge, Ford, Mustang, GTO, Cuda, Challenger, Chevrolet, Chevy, Chevelle, Fastback some good deals and real temptin on some classic cars. (I want a 68 Chavelle in a bad way)

  11. #11
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    4,103
    Rep Points
    542394545

    Wouldn't mind one of the souped-up versions of the Challenger. Drove one when a buddy was test-driving, and it was remarkable. Incredibly fast, good handling. Always liked Chargers, too. The new Camaro is pretty sharp.

  12. #12
    Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez
    LAM's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas & Florida & St. Croix
    Posts
    16,366
    Rep Points
    974265240

    I have a '10 ZR1 that I love but don't drive much due to the 3,000+ cops in Vegas that love writing speeding tickets. right now I'm looking for a '69 Road Runner or GTO that doesn't need to be fully restored.
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

  13. #13
    AbaXen Pharmaceuticals
    BOARD REP
    SFW's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    w/Geared Jesus ♂
    Posts
    9,175
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    Wouldn't mind one of the souped-up versions of the Challenger. Drove one when a buddy was test-driving, and it was remarkable. Incredibly fast, good handling. Always liked Chargers, too. The new Camaro is pretty sharp.
    American muscle all day!

  14. #14
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    523
    Rep Points
    38839131

    I've got a 00 mustang gt with 485RWHP and 608FTTQ a 97 buick regal supercharged, a 06 f150 ext cab 4x4 a 94 mazda protege for work and a 2009 fz6r crouch rocket with 900 miles on it :P

  15. #15
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    523
    Rep Points
    38839131

    my mustang eats cameros and trans am motor to motor

  16. #16
    happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER
    PreMier's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,874
    Rep Points
    175938472

    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBLUECHEVELLE View Post
    PreMier one of my buddies is HUGE VW fan he has an R32 with the HPA turbo kit on it moves damn good but his is blue. My home just got burglarized and they took my photo camera so I do not have pictures of my cars ill post some as soon as I get some. I found a picture of what my car looks like this is not my car but exactly identical year, color etc. aftermarket wheels (CCW) but i don't know the mods on this car other than that. http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1789/p1230023.jpg
    nice, thats sick. i wish i had the money for an hpa twin turbo kit.. i used to have an audi s4 (b5) with the twin turbo 2.7. stage 2+, it had 330hp/390tq, it was a blast
    P-side Inc.

    "the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

  17. #17
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    523
    Rep Points
    38839131

    i find the car thread after everyones already done talking, damnit

  18. #18
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    122
    Rep Points
    8725023

    LAM one of my fellow corvette buddies has a ZR1 took me for a ride and I love it only thing i don't like about the new corvettes i feel like they are getting too euro for me just not my cup of tea none the less still amazing machines. Good luck on your search for a 69 Road Runner or GTO that Road Runner is going to cost you a pretty penny thats for sure. Premier thats legit im digging the new Audi r8 I always liked Audi's. Faon its camaro not camero

  19. #19
    happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER
    PreMier's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,874
    Rep Points
    175938472

    TTIWWOP... so here is my car and my bro's isf



    and here are some of the s4. got together with a few cars for a special trip/blog a guy was doing.







    P-side Inc.

    "the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

  20. #20
    happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER
    PreMier's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,874
    Rep Points
    175938472

    i have much higher res but here are a few more









    P-side Inc.

    "the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

  21. #21
    Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez
    LAM's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas & Florida & St. Croix
    Posts
    16,366
    Rep Points
    974265240

    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBLUECHEVELLE View Post
    LAM one of my fellow corvette buddies has a ZR1 took me for a ride and I love it only thing i don't like about the new corvettes i feel like they are getting too euro for me just not my cup of tea none the less still amazing machines.
    honestly that's partially why I got it, I sold my DB9 and RS6 and replaced them with the Vette. the other reason was when the economy tanked I wanted to buy American ( I try to practice what I preach).
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

  22. #22
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    523
    Rep Points
    38839131

    eh camero camaro its all the same, id know how to spell it if the letters werent so far behind me

  23. #23
    Registered User
    bio-chem's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,204
    Rep Points
    349837105

    I currently have an EvoX MR and love it. its my daily driver. just reached 30k miles so the modding is about to begin. my dream car is a GTR but i doubt i'll ever own one. a new camaro convertable might be more realistic for me though
    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    Sheep get their news from the media, I get my news from Facebook. That's where the real unbiased news is found. any everyone from IM that is friends with me on FB knows this.

  24. #24
    happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER
    PreMier's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,874
    Rep Points
    175938472

    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    honestly that's partially why I got it, I sold my DB9 and RS6 and replaced them with the Vette. the other reason was when the economy tanked I wanted to buy American ( I try to practice what I preach).
    wtf is wrong with you man!
    P-side Inc.

    "the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

  25. #25
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    122
    Rep Points
    8725023

    ^^^Nothing is wrong with him no replacement for displacement American all the way ha. Don't get me wrong I plan on owning a GTR after 'im done paying off all this bills but nothing beats the sound of a high compression big ass hell cam big cubic inch v8!!!

  26. #26
    happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER
    PreMier's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,874
    Rep Points
    175938472

    most american cars are cheaply built compared to their european counterparts. you ever driven an aston martin? i drove a v8 vantage, and it wasnt the fastest car, but its beautiful inside and out. i can only imagine a db9. no way in hell would i get rid of one for a vette
    P-side Inc.

    "the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

  27. #27
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Burlington, NC 27215
    Posts
    304
    Rep Points
    953258

    I'm into cars, just a little bit....







    Both make over 1500hp. Blue one has the record for worlds fastest viper on street tires. The other is the worlds fastest convertible. I collect old mopars mostly. Love me some cars. My only vice.

  28. #28
    Non-Elite Member
    x~factor's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Old Bridge, NJ
    Posts
    1,933
    Rep Points
    97800608

    Fellow car nut here!

    And x~factor does not discriminate. I got me an American car, 300C (my daily), and a foreign car, S2000 (my pride and joy).


    Just picked this up so its not modded much except for wheel/brake upgrade.



    Getting prep to be dynoed.


  29. #29
    happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER
    PreMier's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,874
    Rep Points
    175938472

    damn ray, thats a sexy s2k! and mike, love the vipers!
    P-side Inc.

    "the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

  30. #30
    Sancho
    Big Pimpin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more
    Posts
    5,587
    Rep Points
    1244396447

    I have a G37 coupe daily driver that I haven't done anything to. I know how to do body work, paint and restore cars but I currently don't have a money pit to mess with. My mom has a '57 T-bird her and dad put 10K+ miles on per year and my dad just finished restoring a low mile '74 Vette with a 454 that's built to pre-smog BS specs. I help dad out when he needs it and that currently gives me my car toy fix.

    My big thing in the past was diesel drag racing. There's nothing cooler IMO then watching a 7000 pound 4wd crew cab diesel pickup run a 11 second 1/4 mile then pull the camper home from the track.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->