IronMagLabs

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

China tightens raw materials laws for supplements makers

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

By Shane Starling, 21-Mar-2011

Dietary supplement manufacturers operating in China will have to do more to guarantee the quality of their supply chains, after Chinese authorities imposed new quality control regulations last week.

Purveyors of substandard raw materials will be "severely punished", warns the Chinese SFDA

Purveyors of substandard raw materials will be "severely punished", warns the Chinese SFDA

China's State Food and Drug Administration (SFDA) has set in place a range of measures to boost quality of end-products and avert contamination problems that have caused the local industry image problems at home and abroad.

The measures – including greater numbers of inspections and tighter guidelines on raw materials record keeping – would, “further enhance the supervision on raw materials for health foods and ensure the quality and safety of health foods,” the SFDA said on its website.

The new rules would improve, “the supervision on health food raw materials in accordance with the Food Safety Law and its implementation regulations.”

The SFDA was not available for further detail but reports in the Chinese press said supplement manufacturers would be subject to regular SFDA inspections which would demand to see detailed records of raw material purchases.

The fibre benefits of Litesse® are recognised worldwide, and are substantiated by numerous published scientific studies. With Litesse®, food and beverage companies can give consumers the added fibre they seek in convenient and appealing formats... Click here

Local inspections will look out for those manufacturers that draw raw materials from, “expensive and rare extractions from animal and plants and imported raw materials” reported Xinhua.

The SFDA said it would also target manufacturers that use, “substandard raw materials”. Those found to do so would be, “severely punished” and transgressors would be publicised and distribution of products stopped.

The new rules come in a year the Chinese government has pledged to increase regulation of the dietary supplements industry as the use of dietary supplements increases among the Chinese population.

Along with quality control measures, the government is also targeting exaggerated marketing of products such as Traditional Chinese Medicines and other dietary supplements and functional foods.

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Hardcore Peptides 20% Discount Code: Robert20

Rep Points

Interesting. I wonder if this will make them more stringent on supplements than the US is?

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Life View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if this will make them more stringent on supplements than the US is?
    I highly doubt it will affect anything, its probably more of a political stunt to make the US FDA happy.

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Hardcore Peptides 20% Discount Code: Robert20

BOARD REP

Rep Points

mabe it will just make sure their stuff is more pure :-)

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post
    I highly doubt it will affect anything, its probably more of a political stunt to make the US FDA happy.
    Never know man, things are different over there. We don't even hear half the shit that happens.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Life View Post
    Never know man, things are different over there. We don't even hear half the shit that happens.

ya i wish we knew the details more

Rep Points

Agree. There is a huge market share the Chinese could end up losing if they turn a deaf ear to it. Let's keep the FDA real happy....at all cost.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Sadly, I feel like that may be the case. If not, better quality raws would be pretty great for everyone.

|Z|

Orbit Nutrition Rep