• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Sucker Punch (film)

Curt James

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
'Sucker Punch' Secrets Revealed!

MTV News spoke with filmmaker Zack Snyder and the cast about the making of the fantastical battle movie.

By Kara Warner
March 25, 2011

At long last, Zack Snyder's mysterious, "Alice in Wonderland With Machine Guns" film "Sucker Punch" has arrived in theaters.

sucker_punch_14.jpg

MTV News has been on the case since its humble beginnings, bringing you all the news, videos, scoops and interviews ... in a nutshell, everything you need to know.

To celebrate the film's opening day, we present a few more fun facts about the film that we learned directly from the film's director/writer Zack Snyder and the cast.

1. Snyder's original plan for the movie was to build it around a big musical number.
"I had this idea that it'd be cool if we used the musical number for the spine of the movie or the spine of the action sequence," Snyder told MTV News. "And then getting in and out of it would be like, the music would start and that would draw us in. That would be the sort of mechanism for the fantasy to begin, and when the music ended, that would be the mechanism for it ending. And that was sort of how it started."

sucker_punch_7.jpg

2. Inspiration for the look of the film came from the adult fantasy magazine Heavy Metal.
"I still read it, actually," Snyder said. "It's got little short stories in it and they're illustrated. And so it's like a comic strip that has more sex and violence than you would get from a normal comic book," Snyder said, adding that he started reading the magazine in his youth. "I think it influenced this movie in a pretty big way."

3. For the high-action "train sequence," Snyder used hundreds of shots to look like one, which took seven days to shoot.
"[The train sequence] is a sequence that's broken up into maybe 120 shots that look like one shot," Snyder explained. "So you just kind of have to know where the cameras are going and knowing where it came from, and put these little camera moves in and all these shifts that have to happen. ... You shoot one angle and then you shoot the other angle and then it's going to be stitched with the CG section. So you have to know what you're capable of," he said. "How far you can push the CG stitch so it doesn't break the shot. There's a whole bunch of things like that."

4. Everyone in the cast is wearing a ton of makeup.
Even for Oscar Isaac, who plays creepy institution overlord Blue Jones and has the privilege of being one of the only men in the cast, the makeup process was extensive.

sucker_punch_13.jpg

"I remember they would spray-tan me and then put an extra coat of shine on it," he recalled. "Then blush and then tons of eyeliner. My hair was basically glued tight to my head."

But compared to what the ladies endured, Isaac's process wasn't that bad. Carla Gugino told us the filmmakers wanted the makeup to make a statement, and that she spent at least two hours in the makeup chair every morning.

"We definitely had so much fun," Gugino said. "Rosalina [Da Silva] designed the look of the film makeup-wise. And we did 'Watchmen' together as well," she explained. "She's amazing. But there was a point when she said, 'Carla, guess how many sets of lashes you have on your eyes?' and I was like, 'Including my real ones?' and she was like, 'Yes.' And we realized that it was four."

5. Snyder had to cut back on the violence in the movie, particularly a few scenes that involve implied or attempted rape.
"Those [scenes] of course got trimmed away," he said. "It's really delicate because even that subject matter, you have the harder version that is sometimes better because it actually makes the point a little bit more directly. The PG-13 version was difficult for me," he revealed. "I would say that the very things that they didn't like were the very things that you needed to see in order for you to understand the content of the scene. You know, to know how to feel about it, because otherwise you're sort of left in this weird middle ground," he said. "So it's difficult. It's tricky."

Snyder went on to explain why the sexual violence and lobotomy images were necessary to include in the film, juxtaposed with the idea of women not being victims and being able to defend themselves.

"For me it was all about having incredible threat in that world. Like, what is the most dangerous thing? What is the worst possible thing, and to me being lobotomized and then raped is probably the worst possible thing," he explained.

sucker_punch_8.jpg

"I like the idea that the verdict or the ... like if someone were to make a sacrifice, and you have two alternatives and one is just go back to jail. OK. You know, I get that. And one is you know, be lobotomized and then possibly raped for the rest of your zombified life. You know, you really need to think about that. You're giving up a lot, I guess, is my point."

From 'Sucker Punch' Secrets Revealed! - MTV Movie News| MTV

More photos:

sucker_punch_2.jpg

sucker_punch_15.jpg

emily-browning.jpg

sucker_punch_12.jpg

Trailer:

YouTube Video

Last edited:
looks like it will suck balls. big stretched out scabby old man balls

This film will probably suck but the eye candy will make it worthwhile.

That's what I've been thinking. Friend saw it last night, should know something today.

Stupid name for a terrible looking film.

This film will probably suck but the eye candy will make it worthwhile.

looks like it will suck balls. big stretched out scabby old man balls

That's what I've been thinking. Friend saw it last night, should know something today.

Stupid name for a terrible looking film.

I demand :paddle: that you each state your top 5 films of all time!

Or at least a few movies you enjoyed from your, say, top 25 films list.

Wtf?

Guess I'm blessed that I am very easy to please when it comes to movie entertainment.

I walked out of Oliver Stone's "Nixon". What a windbag, too long POS film.

YouTube Video

And I absolutely hated "The Blair Witch Project" which I was mortified to read Stephen King (one of my favorite authors) praising. :shooter:

YouTube Video

^ heh Enjoyment is a curse? I go to the movies for entertainment. Who's cursed, the person who is constantly disappointed or the person repeatedly amused and satisfied?

Ignorance is bliss, I guess. My ignorance of your apparent Standards of Quality Filmmaking™.

And, what, you're not going to contribute any titles of what you consider excellent films?

As of now, Lincoln Lawyer is my #1, we saw Limitless last weekend and that was pretty good as well. Both movies advertised Sucker Punch, didn't look worth while to me JMO! :D

lol at Curt...

off the top of my head

American Gangster
12 monkeys
Training day
Apocolypto(sp?)
Grand Torino

IML Gear Cream!
i think it looks cool. loved heavy metal and often disagree with the critics. to each his own. :shrug:

Buffalo 66
Desperado
Gladiator
13th Warror
Braveheart

As of now, Lincoln Lawyer is my #1, we saw Limitless last weekend and that was pretty good as well. Both movies advertised Sucker Punch, didn't look worth while to me JMO! :D

I'm seeing that tonight. :thumbs:

lol at Curt...

off the top of my head

American Gangster
12 monkeys
Training day
Apocolypto(sp?)
Grand Torino

Saw all of those except "American Gangster". That's a Denzel flick, right? (Googles)

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

I'll pick that up on DVD eventually. :winkfinger:

And Torino is one of the best movies EVAR!!!1!

i think it looks cool. loved heavy metal and often disagree with the critics. to each his own. :shrug:

It definitely has a comic book feel to it. They called it Alice in Wonderland with machine guns. I see a lot of Wizard of Oz in there, too.

it helps that i love art like this too

Heat
Seven
Snatch
Sin City
Fight Club
Tombstone
The Departed
Reservoir Dogs
The Professional
American History X
Silence Of The Lambs
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas

I'm all for giving the movie a chance. But it just seems, on the surface, to me, someone who hasn't seen this movie; that in the end nothing will change. She will still have a sh*t job or be in a sh*t institution or some sh*tty environment and the only thing that will have changed will have been her thought process. No external conflict/resolution just "overcoming mental obstacles in her mind," or making the best of a bad situation. Oh, and special effects. :winkfinger:

Would I like to be wrong? Yes. Will I see this movie? I'm sure I will eventually. Am I glad this was NOT "shot in 3D"? Oh God yes.

I only look for a movie to keep my entertained for 90 min give or take, I like chicks & guns...

IML Gear Cream!
I liked 300 and watchmen so I will give it I chance. I never go to movies in theaters anymore. To many savages ruin it

I like the pyramid you created. :D Great selection, too, btw. :bow:

Heat
Seven
Snatch
Sin City
Fight Club
Tombstone
The Departed
Reservoir Dogs
The Professional
American History X
Silence Of The Lambs

I'm all for giving the movie a chance. But it just seems, on the surface, to me, someone who hasn't seen this movie; that in the end nothing will change. She will still have a sh*t job or be in a sh*t institution or some sh*tty environment and the only thing that will have changed will have been her thought process. No external conflict/resolution just "overcoming mental obstacles in her mind," or making the best of a bad situation. Oh, and special effects. :winkfinger:

Would I like to be wrong? Yes. Will I see this movie? I'm sure I will eventually. Am I glad this was NOT "shot in 3D"? Oh God yes.

I'd say there are surprises.

I only look for a movie to keep my entertained for 90 min give or take, I like chicks & guns...

Then you might like this one.

I liked 300 and watchmen so I will give it I chance. I never go to movies in theaters anymore. To many savages ruin it

It definitely has some great action scenes!

I demand :paddle: that you each state your top 5 films of all time!

Or at least a few movies you enjoyed from your, say, top 25 films list.

1. The Godfather 1 & 2
2. Goodfellas
3. One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
4. Psycho
5. American History X
6. Terminator 1 & 2
7. Requiem for a Dream
8. Scarface
9. Shawshank Redemption
10. Pulp Fiction
11. Leon' The Professional
12. Reservior Dogs
13. Heat

"About Schmidt" is a misunderstood masterpiece in my opinion.

Last edited:
Heat
Seven
Snatch
Sin City
Fight Club
Tombstone
The Departed
Reservoir Dogs
The Professional
American History X
Silence Of The Lambs

I like your list! ( apart from Tombstone)

11. Leon' The Professional

You're talking about the international version with the attempted suicide scene, right? When I first saw that part I was on the edge of my seat. I'd watched that movie so many times then finally saw that cut and it was like watching a better, grittier version of the film.

I think I let someone borrow that a few years ago. :paddle: time to collect.

You're talking about the international version with the attempted suicide scene, right? When I first saw that part I was on the edge of my seat. I'd watched that movie so many times then finally saw that cut and it was like watching a better, grittier version of the film.

I think I let someone borrow that a few years ago. :paddle: time to collect.

So that was the footage that was cut? I knew I watched the un-edited version but was wondering which scenes were edited. Like you said that was an intense scene and just added to the substance of their relationship. Awesome film!!

Heat
Seven
Snatch
Sin City
Fight Club
Tombstone
The Departed
Reservoir Dogs
The Professional
American History X
Silence Of The Lambs