• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Bret Michaels Sues CBS and Tony Awards over Head Injury

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Bret Michaels Sues CBS and Tony Awards over Head Injury
By Stephen M. Silverman
Saturday March 26, 2011

cover-people.jpg

The June 2009 Tony Awards scenery mishap that resulted in a head injury to Bret Michaels has now erupted into a lawsuit that the musician filed Friday in Los Angeles, according to documents obtained by PEOPLE.

Michaels's attorney, Alex Weingarten, issued the following press statement, reports EW.com: "The Tony Awards dropped a piece of the stage on Bret???s head, and then instead of doing the right thing, joked about it and played it off for ratings ??? Bret never wanted to file a lawsuit, but the Tony Awards have left us with no choice. They must be held accountable for almost killing Bret, and that is what we are going to do."

In the suit against CBS and the Tony Awards for unspecified damages, Michaels ??? who ever since the incident has suffered precarious health ??? claims that despite his asking producers for instructions on where to stand on the Radio City Music Hall stage during his performance, he was only told to "simply exit the stage from the rear."

The musician, who performed at the Tonys with his band Poison and the cast of Rock of Ages, fell down after being hit by a piece of scenery following his performance of Poison's hit "Nothin' But a Good Time." He was knocked to the ground, and fractured his nose. The singer also required three stitches in his lip.

According to the suit, "Michaels was never told that the scenery piece would be descending or given any warning of the existence of the dangers it presented. Quite the opposite, Michaels specifically asked for instructions regarding how to exit after his performance and was just told to walk off the rear of the stage ??? in what was ultimately the danger zone.???

In the suit, Michaels takes issues with producers telling the press afterwards that his missed his mark. The suit also connect the injury to Michaels's subarachnoid hemorrhage.

So far, there has been no comment from CBS or the Tony Awards.

Bret Michaels Sues CBS and Tony Awards : People.com

I had kinda heard that the whole brett michaels thing was from a blood vessel burst in his head unrelated to an accident. If the information above is true, it should be a slam dunk for him.

he should have been paying fucking attention to what he was doing.

he's a little late on this isn't he? though if its true I say go for it.

he's a little late on this isn't he? though if its true I say go for it.

Most statute of limitations are two years for personal injury. So not late at all.

he should have been paying fucking attention to what he was doing.

I agree he walked into the curtain!!! His stroke happened over a year later, I think.

It isn't like he's lived an alcohol and drug free life, all of these play into factors of long term health, and I'm sure he's never hit his head before how can he prove that was the incident that caused it?

he needs to sue his drug dealer for making him retarded.

He's still alive? CBS need to do a more thorough job next time!

Great! Another Million for him! Well, we do live in a sue happy world!!!

Back