New article on how to GET BIG!

Rep Points

New article on how to GET BIG!

Hey guys, im trying to improve my writing. Check out and critique my article if you have the time!

houseofiron.blogspot.com/2011/03/dougallers-how-to-get-big.html

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I think that article has some ok basic information but it lacks any kind of detail. Instead of saying the average person burns 1800-2200 calories a day put in something that shows how to calculate you maintenance calories. If I only ate 2700 calories a day I would not gain any weight at all. As a matter of fact I eat almost twice that any calories and I only weight 179 pounds. Also, the 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight should say 1-2 grams of protein per body of lean body mass. IE you don't need to feed your fat protein. Also, you don't mention much in the way of what exercises are good for mass. You need to add the words squats, deadlifts, cleans, bench, rows and pull ups somewhere in that article. Maybe elaborate on the progressive overload and how to properly periodize a workout. There's a few suggestions for ya, good luck with your writing.

Rep Points

thanks for checking it out bro. you're right on the details, im really trying to balance writing simple for the masses while adding detail for the interested, but its tough. just have to keep trying i suppose. thanks again

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Your audience aren't simple, so don't write that way. There's a difference between writing simple and writing something complicated in a simple way. Hit them with some science, then elaborate on it to explain, then give an example if you need to.

You don't need to write a thesis every day with graphs and stuff, but don't be afraid to go deep into it.

Other than that, i agree with what ihateschoolmt said up there.

I know the best thing i ever did with my writing was pretend i was explaining the topic at hand to a client. In person i was giving great advice that was easy to digest, but writing an article would just come out like a text book and have bugger all info in it. Get that down and its a lot better.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

"King of Cheat Meals"

Rep Points

your deadlifts in your montage are aweful...cardinal sin
    Ban 2 1/2 's !!!!!!
    --------------------------------------------
    Some Oooold Pics. All Natural. More to come soon...Still all natural

Rep Points

good idea on the writing as if i were talking to a client, i'll give that a shot thanks! and merkaba, dont remind me. that vid has been torn apart by critics haha. the next one will be better